• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Dol Amroth

Is there anyway I could get some feedback on my plot? I finished it rather fast and don't know what to do now. So any advice ideas tips would be most willkomen. I is plot 15 Tower guard.

I would need someone to place the forbidden blocks on mine (is plot 16). Don't forget the sources :) . Color code above the build!

Also, some missing powerrails on the already installed gatehouse (second picture is from the floating model):
1415146345-2014-10-26-18-20-10.png

1415146339-2014-10-26-18-20-20.png

Last edited:
Firstly, many thanks for placing the blocks. There were just a problem with the water in the central pool (which made a kind of roof instead of filling it) , so I tried to fix it by myself but I did a few mistakes and now I need some more water to fix stream derps :p .

Also, is it possible to fill the cauldrons on top of the towers and in the kitchen?

EDIT : It's OK, I succeeded to fix the water, but I still need the caldrons :) .

Last edited:
Congratulations
To our two finalists: Plot 9 Bearly-a-team and Plot 12 LostBanshee
I will be Pm'ing both teams on the forums with feedback so that they can make adjustments, with the final gate being chosen on the 23rd of November

Thank you to all those who participated, and we hope you enjoyed it.

How the fuck isn't number 5 finalist oO ? Well, anyway, I personally congratulate its builder(s) ! And congratulations too to Bearly-a-team and Lost Banshee !

Also, can I have some staff feedback on mine :) ? In order to improve my skills.

number 5 is very impressive, but i think the reason it hasn't been chosen, is because it doesn't feel like a city wall gatehouse. it's more like the citadel gatehouse, and as this comp is for the city gatehouse design, I believe that's why it wasn't chosen. but all in all 5 is very very good. and kudos to the finalists too :D

...because it doesn't feel like a city wall gatehouse. it's more like the citadel gatehouse, ...
The contest is not for the city wall gatehouse but for the gate of the military section, which is some kind of citadel. Possibly I am wrong with that, but nice to hear that it looks the way I wanted to. Thanks to you and Bombur for positve feedback. I think my gate is possibly a bit too large (In my opinion the size is necessary for a realistic portcuills with a lifting mechanism on top). Also the special design with roof would determine the style of the surrounding buildings which is possibly problematic (I should have asked someone about that in time).

To Bombur: I like your gate, especially your great swan, maybe such a swan could be used for wall decoration in Prince Imrahil's hall.

And congratulations to the finalists! I believe we will have a very good gate next week.

I have some suggestions:
The road junction with the newly pasted gate looks rather strange, I propose to move it one block left:
1416857216-2014-11-23-22-15-38.png

This doesn't look very good either:
1416857192-2014-11-23-22-15-20.png

In a defensive perspective, I think it would be wise to add a gate somewhere on this road:
1416857231-2014-11-23-22-17-45.png

Last edited: