• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Dol Amroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the problem with having all Gondorian cities and warps being Sindarin. All the places where the names are attested - Minas Tirith, Cair Andros, Osgiliath, Linhir, Dol Amroth... - ARE sindarin, there are no towns in Gondor that go by a non-Sindarin name. So there wont be any towns we'd refer to by a different name than under which they are commonly known.

There may be exceptions, which are rather descriptions than names, like the Crossroads of Ithilien or the Stone of Erech, I think these are just fine in English

@Thijs1801 as mentioned by a few people in the most recent staff meeting, it would be really helpful to have more frequent/complete updates on this project. A project map would be super helpful. Especially to those of us who do not know the names of each town and how many are left.

I will do another update as I am sure Thijs is busy and I know the progress of the project very well.
As of right now here are the towns and progress:

Finished/Building/Planning/Not Started
  • Gate Town .GT
  • Port Town .PT
  • Middle Town .MT
  • Cliff Town .CT
  • Sea Town .ST
  • Gem Town .GGT
  • Royal Town .RT
  • New Town/Drydocks .NT
  • Military District
  • Palace
  • Farmlands
  • Sewers
Here is the map:
K7Xm7iz.png

@barteldvn is making great progress with Sea Town. I am with @Merlinc01 and @QuantaCube are planning upper New Town and building the lower part/drydocks. @Kjolsen has planned most of Gem Town and will work with @dav3ck when Sea Town is finished. I will start planning the Royal Town as soon as Sea Town is finished.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
I will do another update as I am sure Thijs is busy and I know the progress of the project very well.

• Gate Town .GT
  • Port Town .PT
  • Middle Town .MT
  • Cliff Town .CT
  • Sea Town .ST
  • Gem Town .GGT
  • Royal Town .RT
  • New Town/Drydocks .NT
  • Military District
  • Palace
  • Farmlands
  • Sewers
Here is the map:
U9USMxv.png

@barteldvn is making great progress with Sea Town. I am with @Merlinc01 and @QuantaCube are planning upper New Town and building the lower part/drydocks. @Kjolsen has planned most of Gem Town and will work with @dav3ck when Sea Town is finished. I will start planning the Royal Town as soon as Sea Town is finished.

Hope this helps

Hmm gotta love that map of the old Dol Amroth

• Gate Town .GT
  • Port Town .PT
  • Middle Town .MT
  • Cliff Town .CT
  • Sea Town .ST
  • Gem Town .GGT
  • Royal Town .RT
  • New Town/Drydocks .NT
  • Military District
  • Palace
  • Farmlands
  • Sewers
Here is the map:
K7Xm7iz.png

Hope this helps
Does this make you like what, the 4th/5th person to lead Dol Amroth?

New Town (Dol Amroth) Build Day 2018

24th February Official Start: 9:00 AM GMT

Supervisor: BWOT | Co-Supervisors and Job runners: Merlinc and Quantacube

X7JWahD18mAjVswgDjDj5bhYeq-VP9hNE_NLK87Pe8MyTFUOp0f_LlIC_ni0rtj33P2yjP5z2_F-qFxPmpm2miTnnRsm731zvoyWUEH72PDx0Ewwfg7U9Om3AiLcmt7kQf7qLGOY

“Valorous morrow to thee, sir ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls to the most wondrous buildeth day of New Town in Dol Amroth! This wilt beest the final push for public production to complete the grand city of Dol Amroth.

Time and Date: The nonce wilt beest hosted at 9: 00 AM GMT on Saturday morn, until 6: 00 AM Sunday morn (21 hours in total). The date is the 24th of February, the Saturday of this week of which I am posting this.

Concept and House guide: As New Town is a different section and outside the walls of the main city of Dol Amroth, 'twill hast a slightly different style. /warp NTtemp to see the concept and the house building guide. The foreman/co-supervisors wilt holp thou in building the houses.

Rules: As we art opening this to the public thither art some rules thou wilt followeth or thou wilt not beest did allow to participate. The first rule is yond thou wilt hark to all Staff members and Co-Supervisors of the project. Declaring yond thou shouldst hark to all people artist+ as they art did trust members of the community and most likely wot what to doth and the way to doth 't. Thou needeth to did read and followeth all instructions and visit the buildeth guide 'ere building.

Yond's all the information thou'll needeth, if 't be true thou hast any questions, feeleth free to asketh myself, Quantacube or Merlinc. ”

**If you didn’t understand something due to that you are not an intellectual who can speak Shakespearean , look below ;)

Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls to the great build day of New Town in Dol Amroth! This will be the final push for public production to complete the grand city of Dol Amroth.

Time and Date: The event will be hosted at 9:00 AM GMT on Saturday morning, until 6:00 AM Sunday Morning (21 hours in total). The date is the 24th of February, the Saturday of this week of which I am posting this.

Concept and House guide: As New Town is a different section and outside the walls of the main city of Dol Amroth, it will have a slightly different style. /warp NTtemp to see the concept and the house building guide. The foreman/co-supervisors will help you in building the houses.

Rules: As we are opening this to the public there are some rules you must follow or you will not be allowed to participate. The first rule is that you must listen to all Staff members and Co-Supervisors of the project. Saying that you should listen to all people artist+ as they are trusted members of the community and most likely know what to do and the way to do it. You need to read and follow all instructions and visit the build guide before building.

That's all the information you'll need, if you have any questions, feel free to ask myself, Quantacube or Merlinc.

Palace of Dol Amroth
Hallway Decorations

Open for Artist+
The palace of Dol Amroth has a lot of empty hallways. We need exclusive decoration there. Don't fill everthing with stuff. It should not look crammed. Less decoration but very high quality is needed. Armor stands and banners seem very fiiting for the palace. Please don't use the swan ship banner everywhere. In medieval times every single noble had his own banner, often variations of a family banner. So some banner gallery with banners of all tenues of Belfalas would make sence (I already place sign for some banners). Also an anchestral hall with portraits of the former princes would be great (heads in item frames work quite well for this). Most floors are still undetailed, try to make some nice patters.
If you want to help please send me a short notice about what you want to do.

I have several issues with the fields in front of Dol Amroth:
  • There are too many small fields, especially the new fields in fron of the gate, many of them are even smaller than the houses beside them. This might be ok for a kitchen garden with some vegetables, but not for a crops field.
  • Most fields are too irregular. This would be very impractical, think of ploughing for example. When you search for medieval farming you will find much more angular fields.
  • Why do people plant hedges around their fields? I think to protect them from animal of people walking randomly across. But around Dol Amroth many fields have 3 or more openings in the hedges around and paths across the field. I've never seen such thing in real world or any pictures of medieval farming. Makes the hedges pretty useless. Would be better to have less paths and have them in between hedges.
  • Fields were often divided into stripes for the individual inhabitants, or for access to all areas. @Wraith_Knight made such very nice pattern at /warp Marda Calderon.

oESwkG.jpg

@Thijs1801 @Kjolsen Can this please be decided? I believe it is Dol Amroth as Belfalas Designers think it's not their decision. It's an easy enough thing to finish :)
Additionally, please an update would be nice on this forum post. Thank you!

oESwkG.jpg

@Thijs1801 @Kjolsen Can this please be decided? I believe it is Dol Amroth as Belfalas Designers think it's not their decision. It's an easy enough thing to finish :)
Additionally, please an update would be nice on this forum post. Thank you!

If you havent seen it, this will be removed (i think), because there is another bridge + road planned like 20 blocks from here.

If you havent seen it, this will be removed (i think), because there is another bridge + road planned like 20 blocks from here.
Awesome can that be done by anyone? Just means there's one less thing to ask about again in future and one less thing to do :)

Awesome can that be done by anyone? Just means there's one less thing to ask about again in future and one less thing to do :)

I guess Thijs or whoever has "control" of that area has anyone on it already. No worries

The fight against derpy stairs (in Dol Amroth) is coming to an end. Only New Town and Farmhouses outside the walls needs checking.
However, thanks to @_Luk and @Oberanio for helping out! You are now also worthy of calling yourself stair-masters! (@Patrick_0901 you have still quite a job to do). So now, you lovely people can enjoy Dol Amroth without exposing yourself for these evil stairs.

However, I have come over some derpy stairs being built in Belfalas lately, but I guess these are just some small mistakes, and will be fixed eventually. Since both many artists, as well as foremen and designers still dont know how to build proper stairs - I will come with an elaborate guide on how to avoid derpy stairs, and how you should always start planning walls - beams - stairs before going onto interior!

The fight against derpy stairs (in Dol Amroth) is coming to an end. Only New Town and Farmhouses outside the walls needs checking.
However, thanks to @_Luk and @Oberanio for helping out! You are now also worthy of calling yourself stair-masters! (@Patrick_0901 you have still quite a job to do). So now, you lovely people can enjoy Dol Amroth without exposing yourself for these evil stairs.

However, I have come over some derpy stairs being built in Belfalas lately, but I guess these are just some small mistakes, and will be fixed eventually. Since both many artists, as well as foremen and designers still dont know how to build proper stairs - I will come with an elaborate guide on how to avoid derpy stairs, and how you should always start planning walls - beams - stairs before going onto interior!
Not that I think I actually built any derpy stairs there but did you check the wall-towers' interiors for derpy stairs too? Like I said i think I only built non-derpy stairs when I made the tower interiors but I also know we have differing opinions on what is and isn't a derpy stair so if you haven't checked the tower interiors yet maybe you should?

Status
Not open for further replies.