• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Fraspace5 Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraspace5

Builds diagonally
Commoner
Credits
XP
~~~ Fraspace5 Artist Application~~
Main Post

Hi, my nickname is Fraspace5, This is my Artist Application!

I join on 16 September 2017

Jobs:
- 10 house building jobs in DA(Seatown,Cliff Town,...)
- Some street decorating jobs in DA
- itemblock replacing job in DA
- Some jobs in Moria with Bwot and Thomas
- River deitailing plotbuild with Thomas
-5 plots with Eriol_Eandur.
-2 Jobs in Moria with Barteldvn and Patrick
-3 works in DA(building sewers) with Bwot.
-3 Moria Ruining job with Barteldvn

Theme-Build:Minas Tirith,Dead Marshes,Brown lands,Mindon Eldalieva,Cottage of lost play.

Now I am a commoner

I want to become an Artist because I love build and elves style. I play minecraft from 4 years, but just a few days ago when I was looking for a map of Lord of the Rings, I finded this server,Middle Earth Server, and I was happy because I love history, characters and the environment, that this special book is able to create. So I love all the things in this book, and I'd be happy if i could become an artist in this beautifull Server.Thanks

Some screenshots of my work:

[
2017-09-18_15.28.27.png
2017-09-18_15.28.45.png
2017-09-18_15.29.05.png
2017-09-18_15.32.19.png
2017-09-18_15.32.25.png
2017-09-18_15.32.45.png

Last update:30/12/2017 at 19:00 pm CET

Attachments

• 2017-09-15_17.16.00.png
    2017-09-15_17.16.00.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 601
Last edited:
I think you should take more screenshots as my first tip. Secondly, add your media onto the media section or imagur as it is easier to see. Also getting the commoner rank is a good start as it shows that you are trusted by foremen, designers and other artists. As for your builds they do seem very good :) and your interiors are certainly better than mine XD
- super

I think you should take more screenshots as my first tip. Secondly, add your media onto the media section or imagur as it is easier to see. Also getting the commoner rank is a good start as it shows that you are trusted by foremen, designers and other artists. As for your builds they do seem very good :) and your interiors are certainly better than mine XD
- super
Damn, #SuperForForewoman

Aight fras:

- Havin been on for only one week doesn't show us that ur an active player. Though in this week i've seen u on a lot. So just keep on gettin on regulary and try to get them sweet commoner rank.

- Also, as super said, try to add ur screens to the media section on the forum and only put the link to ur album in ut apply, it will make it look less chaotic (if u need any help with doin this, then feel free to ask me).

- I don't think I have to say that there's very little text in ur app, so try to tell us something more about what u like to build or about ur buildskills in general. (This is the section to exaggerate a bit ;) ).

- Also, u need to have participated un more then one job and themebuild, cause this is the way to let fin see u have it in u to build.

Just keep up the good work, and i'm sure u'll get there :)

Aight fras:

- Havin been on for only one week doesn't show us that ur an active player. Though in this week i've seen u on a lot. So just keep on gettin on regulary and try to get them sweet commoner rank.

- Also, as super said, try to add ur screens to the media section on the forum and only put the link to ur album in ut apply, it will make it look less chaotic (if u need any help with doin this, then feel free to ask me).

- I don't think I have to say that there's very little text in ur app, so try to tell us something more about what u like to build or about ur buildskills in general. (This is the section to exaggerate a bit ;) ).

- Also, u need to have participated un more then one job and themebuild, cause this is the way to let fin see u have it in u to build.

Just keep up the good work, and i'm sure u'll get there :)
i would call commoner a sweet rank. More like the in between rank

Im back again. I thought I could give you some ideas/ pointers on your theme build.
Your theme build - Citadel of minas Trith is overall quite good. However i question the blocks and colour palate that has been used. Minas Trith is often referred to as the white city and you have uses sandstone as a main block for your build. Also your actual citadel is very small and lacking in detail. As you only have one screenshot it is hard to tell also what detail there is. I would think that detailing is an important part of the build. I think the main building itself is too small for your build as your cliff is very high and the building is very small making it inproportionate. Also your cliff has little shape like a cliff should have. It is very flat and unrealistic. I would say maybe take a look at the original minas Tirith on the server for inspiration and the servers idea on how it looks. The angles which you have taken your photos with doesn't show your build off very well.
I hope you take this advice as overall you do show talent. Advice and Tips is often given on this server to improve and help others builds so I hope you listen to advice given to you by other members as well.
(Merlin if you say #SuperForForewoman again...)
- Super

Last edited:
Thank you for you application @Fraspace5!

Not much to add, @superlolster360 mentioned the most points. Maybe this: We want Artists be able to build pretty much everything, houses exteriors and interiors, cliffs, vegetation. Always a high level of details and realism is important. So try to fill your Themed-build plots completely don't leave any empty areas. I know it's hard for such a huge plot like this one. But it was a project build for 3 weeks. Usual plots are smaller.

-Eriol

#superForHeadOfArtistApplicationFeedback

Thank you for you application @Fraspace5!

Not much to add, @superlolster360 mentioned the most points. Maybe this: We want Artists be able to build pretty much everything, houses exteriors and interiors, cliffs, vegetation. Always a high level of details and realism is important. So try to fill your Themed-build plots completely don't leave any empty areas. I know it's hard for such a huge plot like this one. But it was a project build for 3 weeks. Usual plots are smaller.

-Eriol

#superForHeadOfArtistApplicationFeedback
haha @Eriol_Eandur I think i should focus on getting the rank artist itself before anything else. But thank you :)
I just thought I could help a fellow player out XD

OH so now super is head of artist feedback :p, well Fraspace what should I start with.
Your first building when you came on was okay, you got some of the basics down but like many beginners your builds lack detail and meaning. As an artist not only are you expected to build in all areas: interiors, exteriors, Moria. But you are also expected to understand why you place each block where you do. Things cannot be random, you have to plan your buildings. When giving the building for example (like your last: weaver) I expect everything a weaver shop/workshop has. If you don't know what that is then you have to look it up and understand it. I want to see some ideas which I am like wow that's a good idea. Replicating is a thing most artists have to do but sometimes and essentially they have to make their own concepts.
Also when you have the chance to work in themebuild, don't waste it. Your Minas Tirith themebuild, although different and interesting was not excellent in the sense; the skill of building a mini model of a building is not needed. It's nice to have but we want to see 1;1 scale. You don't have to build the whole Minas Tirith. Pick an element and make that element amazing and detailed.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.