• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Inviting YouTuber Keralis for a tour?

118596.gif

Waiting for summer is way too long. If the guides really don't have time then some artists and foremen would probably be willing to welcome and tour for a bit like we also did with Welsknight.
Why is it too long?

We want many new players, so a audience as large as possible. The 'recent' videos on our channel have about 3K views; Keralis's videos of about half an hour already get 100K views, and a special video of MCME could get like 500K views. 500K>3K

We want many new players, so a audience as large as possible. The 'recent' videos on our channel have about 3K views; Keralis's videos of about half an hour already get 100K views, and a special video of MCME could get like 500K views. 500K>3K
But is that the audience we want? Will the new member join again after two weeks? Will they have the building skills or interest in Tolkien's work we want, probably not, that's why I think using MCME's channel would be better, only people with a genuine interest would find it and join. No we wouldn't have a huge increase in new players you seem to want, but it would give us more dedicated ones.
And why is six months too long to wait if it means the people who are on the server to help can all do that?

I agree with TI. We don't need 500k half-curious adventurers who stays for 10-15 minutes each. We need a handful or so dedicated players and Tolkien fans who will stay for 10-15 months or more.We need quality, not quantity.
But! A YouTube video is around for a long time and over time it WILL bring in those dedicated players/fans. That's how I found out about the server, by watching an ages old YouTube video of it. However I do believe that there might be better mediums to advertise our server in as well. I just don't know what.

This might be a bit off topic but in response to ryt's post maybe another idea for advertising would be to get our server on the news column on the Minecraft launcher. TBH I don't even know how that works and how some creations/servers/maps get on the Minecraft launcher news but is this a plausible idea?

This might be a bit off topic but in response to ryt's post maybe another idea for advertising would be to get our server on the news column on the Minecraft launcher. TBH I don't even know how that works and how some creations/servers/maps get on the Minecraft launcher news but is this a plausible idea?

Getting to reach someone who is in charge of that or even the minecraft.net website was pretty hard for me. I tried asking their customer service whom I could contact for that, but they responded that such information can't be given. But they said they'd forward the request to the department.

I agree with some points from Q and TI, but if we want to get more players, and get dedicated ones at that, i think it would be smarter to give Keralis a tour, because there is a chance that maybe 3% (which is still a pretty large number for our current size.) of the viewers who watch will want to get involved and be dedicated to this project.

his latest vid (which is from yesterday) got 20k views for having 1M subs, so if the tour is a special it might boost views by, maybe 8%, and maybe a small amount will be interested in being dedicated to the project.

Edit: Make that nearly 2Mil subs...

But is that the audience we want? Will the new member join again after two weeks? Will they have the building skills or interest in Tolkien's work we want, probably not, that's why I think using MCME's channel would be better, only people with a genuine interest would find it and join. No we wouldn't have a huge increase in new players you seem to want, but it would give us more dedicated ones.
And why is six months too long to wait if it means the people who are on the server to help can all do that?
There's no reason to infer that the audience of Keralis is a bunch of 12-YO bouncing kids and the MCME audience isn't. I'm pretty sure the audience of our YT channel is 95% (retired) MCME members and no potential new players.
Keralis has a severe soft spot for games related to building (city building, crafting, exploring, building); he played a lot of minecraft, Cities: Skylines, ARK, Ylands, Simcity, several Anno's, Banished, Cities XL and so on... you get it. This definitely means the majority of his audience is has a severe interest for these kind of games as well, like me myself. So his audience isn't just a bunch of minecraft kids, but a load of potential builders. So I still stand steadily by having Keralis as best option. He is really the architect of YouTube.

Why is six months too much? Eh well besides the obvious length of six months; Keralis view and new subscriber rate is shrinking and his view rate is even getting lower.
fHTx44n.jpg

I don't think guides have an excuse for letting a shrinking community wait half a year because of being busy irl. Being a bit active for a week is not too much to ask for, to a guide. But if guides are too busy, there are artists and maybe foremen who can take over that responsibility.

His channel usually gets a little peak around January, so if we start the first video at mid-Jan and have the last one mid-Feb, then we'll have our videos right around the peak.

Do you have ways to contact him personally @RubenPieterMark ? Since more exposure eventually leads to more dedicated members one way or another (either directly or indirectly).
He is very reachable on Twitter, and I've already sent him a few messages with albums of MCME, which he liked.

There's no reason to infer that the audience of Keralis is a bunch of 12-YO bouncing kids and the MCME audience isn't. I'm pretty sure the audience of our YT channel is 95% (retired) MCME members and no potential new players.
Keralis has a severe soft spot for games related to building (city building, crafting, exploring, building); he played a lot of minecraft, Cities: Skylines, ARK, Ylands, Simcity, several Anno's, Banished, Cities XL and so on... you get it. This definitely means the majority of his audience is has a severe interest for these kind of games as well, like me myself. So his audience isn't just a bunch of minecraft kids, but a load of potential builders. So I still stand steadily by having Keralis as best option. He is really the architect of YouTube.

Why is six months too much? Eh well besides the obvious length of six months; Keralis view and new subscriber rate is shrinking and his view rate is even getting lower.
fHTx44n.jpg

I don't think guides have an excuse for letting a shrinking community wait half a year because of being busy irl. Being a bit active for a week is not too much to ask for, to a guide. But if guides are too busy, there are artists and maybe foremen who can take over that responsibility.

His channel usually gets a little peak around January, so if we start the first video at mid-Jan and have the last one mid-Feb, then we'll have our videos right around the peak.

He is very reachable on Twitter, and I've already sent him a few messages with albums of MCME, which he liked.
ok, this is dedication, but why do u have graphs about keralis' youtube views :p

There's no reason to infer that the audience of Keralis is a bunch of 12-YO bouncing kids and the MCME audience isn't.
I didn't mean to infer that, I, as someone with no knowledge of Keralis asked I asked if it was the audience we want because I don't know. However, it is less likely for the MCME YouTube audience to be, in your word "12-YO bouncing kids".
I'm pretty sure the audience of our YT channel is 95% (retired) MCME members and no potential new players.
You can't be certain of that, but if it is true, it shows we have a chance of getting them interested again. If this is the case it also presents the opportunity to make more videos to attract new players, 'big' YouTubers aren't the only way
Then surely a YouTuber who's not in this decline would be better, yes, it may mean going to a smaller one but that may not be a bad thing and would probably yield the same response
I don't think guides have an excuse for letting a shrinking community wait half a year because of being busy irl.
Yes, Guides do have a responsibility to the server, but we do have real lives and education must come first. At the end of the day MCME is a hobby and school comes first, whether you like it or not.
Being a bit active for a week is not too much to ask for, to a guide.
To a Guide it is, for now at least.
But if guides are too busy, there are artists and maybe foremen who can take over that responsibility.
That's fine.

I think we should get mordor going first to be honest, right now I am not able to lead many jobs myself, since I don't have anything to lead jobs on. Also what's left of Dol Amroth seems to be a bit hard for those average new builders which such advertisement might bring in.

And most importantly Mordor will cause more hype than a 'random city in Gondor' and will lead in more players staying.

Ontop of that Christmas is a busy time for this all, I agree with TI that summer would be ideal, when Mordor should for sure be started aswel. I can only see positive points for doing it in the summer.

I think we should get mordor going first to be honest, right now I am not able to lead many jobs myself, since I don't have anything to lead jobs on. Also what's left of Dol Amroth seems to be a bit hard for those average new builders which such advertisement might bring in.

And most importantly Mordor will cause more hype than a 'random city in Gondor' and will lead in more players staying.

Ontop of that Christmas is a busy time for this all, I agree with TI that summer would be ideal, when Mordor should for sure be started aswel. I can only see positive points for doing it in the summer.
There's plenty of jobs in Moria and I'm back at my treebuild. Maybe a foreman or another can artist can learn the way of the trees so that'll be a larger project as well.
For Christmas being busy: I planned starting preparing after Christmas and having the first tour somewhere in January. I just rlly dislike the idea of delaying again, like we've already done for one year.