• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Inviting YouTuber Keralis for a tour?

Soo I guess this was a success
1528898211350.png

Still every day we get new ppl from the Keralis tour, so it certainly wasn't one babyboom.

Still every day we get new ppl from the Keralis tour, so it certainly wasn't one babyboo

If your definition of success is a month of increasing player count followed by a month of decreasing player count right back to where it was before the video released, then sure, we can call it a success.
Most Players who joined just after the video releases were Keralis 'fanboys' and actually left after one visits. Those who joined afterwards stayed relatively more often, because they are more builders instead of YouTube watchers; they maybe didn't even see the video through their Keralis subscription but it jumped into their feed (weeks after it was releases) or it was a result for Middle-earth server.
So basically, I think it is extremely obvious that the month after the video release the joining rate dropped slowly, but it's still awesome that the rate of ppl who stay is actually quite stable.

If your definition of success is a month of increasing player count followed by a month of decreasing player count right back to where it was before the video released, then sure, we can call it a success.
Well you can clearly see in that graf that we're about 4 units higher on the graph now than the average before Keralis' video so that means we've increased by about 15%.

Truthfully the trick to keeping more players has always boiled down to having enough things for those players to do and keep them interested. Like jobs, minigames, plotbuilds or whatever. In my opinion, that more than anything is something that needs to get better, perhaps Eriol's (and his Dev team) interest in a rpg form plugin could help between jobs. Also many who come on are to some degree LOTR/lore fans so quiz stuff can help or other possible additions to the minigame plugin.

Well you can clearly see in that graf that we're about 4 units higher on the graph now than the average before Keralis' video so that means we've increased by about 15%.
First, the graph shows max people connected in a month, not average. Second, the max in March before keralis was around 28-29, which now in June the max looks to be around 30. So more 3-5% increase, not 15%.

EDIT: I honestly think this was a poor choice of graph for Ruben to get his point across, a player average graph would have been a better choice.

First, the graph shows max people connected in a month, not average. Second, the max in March before keralis was around 28-29, which now in June the max looks to be around 30. So more 3-5% increase, not 15%.
I think it looks like the average of that graph is around 26-27 before the video and 30 after which is an increase of 11-15% but whatever, it's still an increase.

I think it looks like the average of that graph is around 26-27 before the video and 30 after which is an increase of 11-15% but whatever, it's still an increase.
Except this isn’t a graph of averages, it’s a graph of maxes. You could have had one day in June that had 30 people due to some special event and the rest of the days could have had 12 people max, but this graph would still use the 30 people day as the statistic. It’s a bad graph for the point that was trying to be proven.

Except this isn’t a graph of averages, it’s a graph of maxes. You could have had one day in June that had 30 people due to some special event and the rest of the days could have had 12 people max, but this graph would still use the 30 people day as the statistic. It’s a bad graph for the point that was trying to be proven.
Hmmm. Ok, fair enough.

Another good thing I noticed is that if you look at the theme build after the keralis tour (forsaken inn) you see a quite clear difference in quality compared to newer theme builds but there were also a lot more jobs at that time so that might also contribute to why so many people stayed.