• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Lamedon

_Luk

Artist
Artist
Supporter
Credits
XP
Lamedon
/warp Rendul
/warp lametemp
/warp Erech
/warp calembel

Project Leader: _Luk
Reserved Leader: Eriol
Project Staff: fire

Introduction:
Lamedon is one of the Regions of Gondor. It's capital was Calembel. There isn't much lore about it. So we will probably make up own one, or take ideas from MERP. Also it one of the more Populated Regions of Gondor, so many Villages, Farms, and smaller Towns will be made. Also due the being there of Lords, 1 or 2 castles aswelly, you shouldn't expect to many tho.

Background Lore

Lotr-Wikia

Lamedon was a region and fiefdom in southern Gondor.

Lamedon was a series of valleys lying south of the White Mountains. Its chief town was the city of Calembel, where Aragorn and the host of the Dead camped during their journey to Pelargir during the War of the Ring.

The river Ciril flowed south through Lamedon.

Tolkien Gateway
Lamedon was a region and fiefdom in southern Gondor; a series of valleys through which the Ringló and Ciril rivers flowed south.[1] It was one of the most densely populated regions in Gondor. At the time of the War of the Ring its lord was Angbor.

During that war, Angbor did not send any soldiers to Minas Tirith during the initial assault, as he chose to defend instead the southern city of Linhir, which rested near the mounds of the river Gilrain.[1] He held off the Southron assailants coming from the Harad and the Haven of Umbar for a long while. The only men Minas Tirith received from Lamedon were some scattered hillmen without a captain.[2]

At the time Aragorn passed through Lamedon with the Grey Company, the Army of the Dead drove forth the assailants from Linhir, though the staunch defenders fled as well. Angbor alone remained and braved the fear of the Dead. Then Aragorn bade him gather his folk and follow them. The Grey Company departed first, and by the time Angbor joined them with all the horsemen he could muster, the Corsairs of Umbar had been driven forth, and the Dead released. Many of the men of Lamedon, as well as soldiers from Lebennin and various other southern fiefs, came in ships to Minas Tirith, where they bore themselves bravely in battle. But Angbor, leading four thousand, went by land, coming to garrison Minas Tirith after the hosts departed for the Black Gate and the ensuing Battle of the Morannon.[3]

Planning:
CDTRuHT.png

Concept Art:
harlech-castle.jpg

gravensteen_ghent.jpg

gross_mittelalterliche-stadt.jpg

Stages:

1) Planning
2) Terrain

• Rivers
  • Mountains
  • Hills
3) Building
  • Castles
  • Cities
  • Villages
  • Farms
4) Bug fixing

Adventurer Jobs

• Rootfixing
  • Farms
  • possible Plotbuild
  • (Placeholder)
Feedback is Appreciated

Artists - I marked out a bunch of houses by Calembel that should be in the same style as, you guessed it, Calembel

Feel free to do these when you have time if nobody else tries to steal you away first

My section of farmland and such will be completed by tomorrow, all that is left to do is finish a few cobble walls and make sure no details are missing in the constructed houses and properties.

Thanks to everyone who helped build houses, roads, walls, and vineyards the past few weeks

An Update:
Terrain is on its Way to be finished, thx to @Eriol_Eandur, @Mandos and @Demonataz for helping me with that.
Villages are halfly done, and all except one has been started.
Also we got 3 nice castles around, you should deffinetly check out, /warp Rendul, /warp Hithrengarth and /warp Nan dawar

Artists - Rendul needs some more Houses, would be appreciated if you would take any of the free ones, whenever you feel like doing one, thx

And a big Thank You to all the people helped so far, I think this Project gonna turn out great. :D

We had nice progress yesterday on the farms, rivers and trees in the north of Lamedon, thanks a lot to all who helped :)

I think we can finish this area within the next week, expect more jobs there.

The mountains of Lamedon slowly take shape. But they need a lot of small streams. You can build them tomorrow during this >>job<< ;)
full

The Mountains of Lamedon turned out to be much more work than I expected. So I made a map to show progress:
full

Legend:
green is done
blue is in progress
red is on hold

Progress:
Rough terraforming
Fine terraforming
Adding materials to the mountains
Digging the small streams (jobs)
Adding materials to the small streams (jobs)

Placing trees
Fixing trees (jobs)
Rough terraforming
Fine terraforming
Placing trees
Fixing trees (jobs)
Rough terraforming
Fine terraforming

Placing trees
Fixing trees (jobs)
Rough terraforming
Fine terraforming
Placing trees
Fixing trees (jobs)
Rough terraforming
Fine terraforming
Placing trees
Fixing trees (jobs)
Rough terraforming
Fine terraforming

Placing trees
Fixing trees (jobs)

Last edited:
Lamedon Progress Update

A lot of work has been done in Lamedon during the last four months. Compare this to the map on top of this thread:
uZ0ceva.jpg

But we lost track of all the contruction sites a bit. Thus I made this map showing all recent working areas. I also included some parts outside the primary project which in my opinion needs some improvements but are too small for an extra thread. Below you'll find a TODO list. For some larger projects there are (or should be) own posts/threads.

Some items of the list can be completed by Artists. Please pm @Eriol_Eandur if you want to claim an item.

If you think something is missing here or something should be done differently please post below.

TODO list
Legend:
needs care of an Artist
needs care of a Designer
on hold
finished

Linhir farms see own thread
Tarnost farms see post below
Mountains of Lamedon see post above
finish windmill (2323,55,3791) rotor and mill stone at the basement instead of beds (@Sylvin)
check some houses in Rendul, thanks @Mandos
finish Rendul castle: mossy/broken cobble applied not everywhere yet. also apply mossy and cracked bricks (@thomasd16 )
check houses
remove grass below farm walls
detail farm walls (slabs, stairs, mossy /red bricks)
Castle needs some “aging” with a few mossy and cracked blocks
add crates and similar details to the docks (@Leinadd)
add windows to house at (2679 30 4303) (@Leinadd)
final check (@BeatHeav3N) [/SPOILER]
apply same style to all roofs (slightly broken) (@yourie98 )
details between houses (@yourie98)
add crates and simlar details to port (@yourie98)
Farms north of Rendul (@bender400 )
Road along River Morthond between Rendul and Lindemar
Road between Tree's Hollow and Cardhi Medli
Road transition between Hithrengarth and Erech

Grassing and trees
Terraforming along River Morthond
bushes along River Morthond

finish laid out fields
finish laid out roads

grassing and trees
mountains
hills
rivers
finish / improve terrain (unfinished small streams)
adapt style of hillsides to surroundings
adapt style to the Mountains of Lamedon
remove snow
improve small streams
improve rivers and small streams
improve some plain terrain
add some more trees

Attachments

• RPWr5EK.jpg
    RPWr5EK.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 682
  • Z6dd9HL.jpg
    Z6dd9HL.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 895
Last edited:
Tarnost Fields!

Project Leader: Thijs1801
Designer: Eriol_Eandur

There isn't much Lore about this particular part of Lamedon, but Tarnost has gotta have some fields. The only lore I could find was this: Tarnost was, presumably, a city in Gondor. It was located on the northern foothills, between the river Gilrain to the east and Dol Amroth to the west. To the north was the river Ringlo.

As seen in the map below, I've planned some forests and some villages. 1 Forest is special because it is kinda old and spooky (Cyen Woods). It has an old mansion and a swamp. The rest are just farms and fields nothing special, but for a big farm on the North, that is the only place that has a ferry to the north.
2awo8ku.png

I managed to find some concept art for the woods and the farms:
qynlCbK.jpg
xoV7q4y.jpg
dLyOGUP.jpg

Step 1: Revamp the terrain around Tarnost, cuz it looks crap now. (Done)
- Voxel, voxel, VOXEL.

Step 2: Lay everything out. (Almost Done)
- Plan the Forests and the paths.
- Plan the Villages and Farms.

Step 3: Build. (Almost Done)
- Build Eelry and Armena. (Done)
- Build the Family Farms. (Almost Done)
- Build the Farms of Tarnost. (Done)

Step 4: Detail
- Detail everything!

Adventurer jobs that can be run:
- Farm Walls
- Roads
- House Building

Last edited:
Thats quite a bit more than the few farms I imagined when I mentioned it in the meeting but that was only to complete that task without having to make it too big of an issue; but if you are up to build all these things I don't see a problem at all, the plan looks very nice! Only thing that would be neat is if you could make up a feasible story for that old mansion (why was it built and why abandoned)

as part of this tarnost stuff could you get all the ore and crates and stuff out of the mine building and just build an additional warehouse? that is a workplace; people have to operate the elevator in there and get gear on to descend into the mine, and have lunch and stuff. they probably would like some room. also the mine operators would probably like a bit more organization.