• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Lamedon

Alright kids lets finally finish Lamedon. Need to get out of the caves of Moria for a bit so, assuming @Finrod_Amandil @Eriol_Eandur @_Luk are all okay with me taking the reigns on the last remaining aspects of this project (to my knowledge). @_Luk I would appreciate any feedback/direction you have to give considering this was originally your project, and I would like to hold true to your vision of this valley.

I have broken down the remaining section into three areas, the work that needs to be done for each is detailed below. Unfortunately as the villages and water sources have already been completed for this region, few if any jobs will be created as a result.

Green Region
Progress: done
To Do:
Hill Details
Add Forest
Grass/Vegetation​
Blue Region
Progress: 75%
To Do:
Mountain Terraforming
Hill Details
Add Forest
Grass/Vegetation​

Purple Region
Progress: done
To Do:
Grass/Vegetation​

Map
yY4RtX3.png

Last edited:
I stopped working on River Ciril directly East of Calembel. The rivebed needs to be reworked upstreams of that point. Also to be realistic many more sources will be necessary imo.

I stopped working on River Ciril directly East of Calembel. The rivebed needs to be reworked upstreams of that point. Also to be realistic many more sources will be necessary imo.
Idk, I think the terrain in Gondor has a bit too many sources. Wouldn't the rain water just collect and stream to the river?

RPM how many water does a river catch? And how much does it need? Believe me it needs a lot more than it catches with an occasional rainfall, true, for our scale there are too many. Yet realisticaly speaking there are still few/too small sources.

RPM how many water does a river catch? And how much does it need? Believe me it needs a lot more than it catches with an occasional rainfall, true, for our scale there are too many. Yet realisticaly speaking there are still few/too small sources.
Sources irl are quite a rare thing and entire settlements were sometimes built around one.

River Ciril has 8 sources at the moment. 6 are one block one is two blocks wide and one is a lake from which a 5 blocks wide stream emerges. East of Calembel these small streams became a large river about 18 blocks wide and 4 or 5 blocks deep. I think this is very unrealistic.
Also sources and small are very common in real world, look at this map of north-west germany:
full
The Netherlands at the bottom looks very clear of small streams, but that is just as only german small streams data were used for the map. As you can see most areas are full of small streams.

Last edited:
River Ciril has 8 sources at the moment. 6 are one block one is two blocks wide and one is a lake from which a 5 blocks wide stream emerges. East of Calembel these small streams became a large river about 18 blocks wide and 4 or 5 blocks deep. I think this is very unrealistic.
Also sources and small are very common in real world, look at this map of north-west germany:
full
The Netherlands at the bottom looks very clear of small streams, but that is just as only german small streams data were used for the map. As you can see most areas are full of small streams.
Thank you for the update Eriol - could you provide a map of what portions of the riverbed need work and where you think more water sources are necessary? It is difficult to simply jump into a project midway without proper guidance.

I made a map at last, sorry for the long delay. Blue lines are small streams to be added. Red line marks the parts of River Ciril where I want to redo the riverbed to make it more fitting to the riverbed I made south of Calembel. I also added wool marker in midair.
full

Maybe @Daddlio want's to make the small streams he already made a lot of them in Lamedon.

PROJECT UPDATE:

Both the green and purple sections are done. Good progress is being made in the blue section, as the valley and small village are both relatively complete at this point. My attention has now turned to voxeling and painting the remaining mountains while @Daddlio adds some river sources via jobs (yay!). Not sure how long this will take as the irl weather is very nice right now so I am far more tempted to spend time outside.

Red line marks the parts of River Ciril where I want to redo the riverbed to make it more fitting to the riverbed I made south of Calembel. I also added wool marker in midair.
When you say "I" here in reference to who will redo the riverbed, are you referring to yourself or myself? I am happy to leave this portion of the project to you while I work on the mountains since it sounds like you have a style in mind already. If not, it can be done.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Terrain is done with the exception of the river (@Eriol_Eandur ) and river sources (@Daddlio ). Will continue to compile the remaining projects until Lamedon is done. To do:
- grass/flower west/south of Calembel
- remove beacons done​

One thing I have noticed is that many beacons seem to have gone missing between the Firien wood and Edoras? Not sure where they are suppose to go, how many there should be, etc? Please advise @Finrod_Amandil , @_Luk

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed is that many beacons seem to have gone missing between the Firien wood and Edoras? Not sure where they are suppose to go, how many there should be, etc? Please advise @Finrod_Amandil , @_Luk
We have decided to remove all beacons between Halifieren and Edoras as that's what the book lore says (it's not accurate in the movies). From Halifirien, which is at the border to Rohan, the message gets passed to a Rider which brings a symbolic Red Arrow to Edoras.

We have decided to remove all beacons between Halifieren and Edoras as that's what the book lore says (it's not accurate in the movies). From Halifirien, which is at the border to Rohan, the message gets passed to a Rider which brings a symbolic Red Arrow to Edoras.
Welp in that case, I will delete the mountain paths and stations between Halifieren and Edoras done

Last edited: