• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Matt's Texture Dev Topic

If you look to the about us section, this sentence will appear and this should be taken into account when talking about textures and building "Our community recreates the world of Middle Earth as described by J.R.R. Tolkien's books." This is just a friendly reminder.....

If you look to the about us section, this sentence will appear and this should be taken into account when talking about textures and building "Our community recreates the world of Middle Earth as described by J.R.R. Tolkien's books." This is just a friendly reminder.....
Come to think of it, that should be changed. We do base things off of the movies, such as Isengard or, to a degree, Minas Tirith.

Some red bricks, as requested by @wodleth in the Texture Suggestions Thread.
4mrcoth.png

And a download to the .xcf (GIMP) and .svg (Inkscape) so you can look at my process for making textures.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aildpvxzwske0zf/AAC6wBXZTmctAjk4SHBaeByua?dl=0

Any suggestions, comments or criticism? Currently I'm trying to fix some tiling errors, there is a dark band that I'm finding hard to get rid of and the colours should be more similar. Also - instead of using this new texture the stone bricks (seen at the top of the screenshot) can be recoloured. However, are they MCME's or Painterly's?