• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Matt's Texture Dev Topic

Unfortunately I have run out of time and will be away until September or something. I've had many other projects going on a the same time this week as well. =O

The acacia log to ash log has been completed. Anyone has my permission to edit it once it has been merged.

I am only a plant expert because I put a lot of effort into studying the plant before I texture it. I also use a very detailed process for creating textures.

The ash bark texture has been submitted.
https://github.com/MCME/RP-Gondor/pull/32

Because of the mess that the rearrangement has left the resource packs on GitHub I will not be editing my pull requests at the moment.

Your best bet now is submitting textures via the forums

Specifically to @wodleth , it seems we have given up on Github a bit when it comes to texturing as, though it worked for those familiar with it, it really was not user friendly at a time when we want users to be able to easily submit their work.

Also you should try an ash bark variation :)

No.

I will wait until it is fixed. There are textures in each of the packs that have been not copied correctly and are corrupted.

A Heather texture is needed for the Rohan pack. I saw that the Gondor pack had a heather-looking texture for the Alium flower. Maybe we can just put that texture in the Rohan pack aswell?

Why was the unfinished lavender texture used by the famous Youtuber?

I did not like the colour of it and had planned to change it after feedback from some chirping crickets.

It had also been supplied in a development pack. Why didn't we see the other flowers in the development pack in the video? Like Athelas, or the Lilium?

The lavender looked horribly out of place - I need to change it's colours or rework the design. It has not even been submitted to the official resource packs, there is a reason for that.

Why was the unfinished lavender texture used by the famous Youtuber?

I did not like the colour of it and had planned to change it after feedback from some chirping crickets.

It had also been supplied in a development pack. Why didn't we see the other flowers in the development pack in the video? Like Athelas, or the Lilium?

The lavender looked horribly out of place - I need to change it's colours or rework the design. It has not even been submitted to the official resource packs, there is a reason for that.
I believe @wodleth and @Credoo went through the submitted resources (yours, scooby's, as well as others) and picked the ones that they thought were best and most fit for the packs, you will have to talk to them either on this thread or by contacting them directly with your concerns. Im not sure anybody was aware that your lavender texture was unfinished as you submitted that along with all of the flowers.

If you want to have the rest of your textures submitted, I suggest you get feedback from wod and cred.

Otherwise I look forward to your continued work :)

We have an open coversation. I just think that someone uploaded a WIP version of the pack so that they could show Jesse the PotD. The public version might be entirely different.

I am working on a rose bush since I saw MCME doesn't have one. I have also updated the lavendar. Once the texture managers get their act together I believe there is some lovely flowers that someone else submitted for Athelas and the lily, so mine won't be needed (but the screenshot has them in anyway). There was also the long grass that was requested.

I've been building up my GitHub submission. The rose bush is only WIP and not included in the GitHub fork yet. It is actually based on this famous painting from 1884.
tumblr_ngomwsloBH1rzm9uxo1_1280.png

The roses don't look very rosy. I get that the purple and red spirals are showing the petals but purple colors don't really compute for me as roses.

This thread is open for comments and criticism. =p

The roses do not have enough shading, the colour is there but I still need to darken some pixels and I should probably make the pinks and the purples more red. Thanks for the feedback

Dunno how well this would translate into pixels (they might look too big/obvious/just dumb), but what about also adding some thorns to the rose stems?

What are you going to base your large fern on? Could we see some pictures that inspire you?