• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Minas Tirith STAGE 2 " Gondor calls for aid!"

Minas Tirith house tutorial:

This is probably the moment allot of you have been waiting for. Helping out in Minas Tirith. You will be able to build a house that might get placed into Minas Tiirth. However before everyone starts warping to plotworld and making a house, I would suggest reading this tutorial.

Some rules:
  • Read the tutorial before building!
  • Only start building your second house once the first one is marked with green wool.
  • Houses that are left unfinished and untouched for more then a week will be removed.
  • Put a sign on the plot you build.
  • Ask a friendly build staff to check your house.
  • Don't edit or build on other peoples houses without there approval.
  • Don't use other then the suggested blocks. Unless you have been told otherwise by a build staff.
The rules are subject to change as well as the tutorial keep an eye on this thread to stay up to date!

Wool summary:
  • Green: approved by a buildstaff
  • Red: marked for deletion (try again)
  • Orange: needs changes
  • Blue: copy'd into Minas Tirith (for staff only
  • Pink: ready to be checked by a staff

First things first the layout:
The layout will become the base of your house the better the layout the easier it will for you to make your house here is an example.
jqspnPl.png

Things to keep in mind with the layout:
  • Keep it uneven so 5 by 7 or 9 by 5.
  • Keep space for balcony's or overhangs. So don not layout your building along the plot lines keep some space.
  • Don't forget to layout the support pillars for your house. Use either a space of 2 or 3 between your support pillars for maximal super arc effect.
  • Also don't make the shape overcomplicated you'll have to remember that it still needs a roof. The more complicated the harder the roof will become.
  • Make sure you leave room for the walls behind the support pillars and keep adequate space for the interior inside the building.
Building the frame:
The frame of the house will help you get a general idea of what your house is gonna look like. Its a must to include the roof in this the roof generally decides how a house will look.
t22gm9n.png

Things to keep in mind while making a frame:
  • Make sure you leave space for interior (if you have a 3x3 square you will only have 1 block of space in between if you wall it)
  • Try to avoid making a giant Cube its not very interesting and there are enough cubes in minecraft already.
  • Try to avoid having your roof stick out on all sides. (Otherwise it will create the mushroom effect small bottom huge top)
  • You can use more then one roof style for a house. Flat veranda on the 2nd floor and have a half slab roof on the top floor. This will make your house look more interesting. (Don't overdo it though)
  • 5 blocks high for each floor. With 3 floors maximum.
Building the exterior:
This is where you actually start making your house. Making the walls the roof and all the details you will be seeing on the outside of your house.
Q2FCOjm.png

Things to keep in mind while making the exterior:
  • Again remember to keep space for your interior. (You must get bored of reading this by now but at least it will stick with you :) )
  • Keep your arches on the same height. Your eyes (and mine) love consistency.
  • Add details but make sure they don't become the dominant factor of your building. Keep it subtle keep it smooth.
  • Don't use any non white blocks (except for the roof, balcony floor hanging flower pots) on the exterior
Building the interior:
Your almost done with your house now its time to build the interior. Don't forget to make some separate rooms. No one want to live in the hall ^^.
IdjW46O.png

Things to keep in mind while making the interior:
  • Hurray you left enough space for your interior.
  • Before anything else make your floors and staircase. Your interior should be worked around your staircase not the other way around.
  • Having rooms in your house will make it easier for you. You can use your support columns as a nice place to wall of a part of your house to create a room.
  • If you want to make a shop that is possible as well.
  • Use will have to use wood for every floor except the first one. You are allowed to use wood for the first floor as well.
  • No Easter eggs or chest with supplies you might use on an future survival (you cheater!).
  • Don't forget to re-check your house and make changes until you are satisfied.
Once your done with your house mark it with Pink wool so staff knows they can check it. Once your house gets marked with Blue wool it has been copy'd into Minas Tirith on the first lvl. Be sure to check it out in its natural habitat and thank you for making an awesome house!

/warp Minasplot
Read the sign's pick a lot and build your Minas Tirith house
!!!Have fun!!!!!

For more inspiration check out Minas Tirith. And for questions or suggestions regarding MT. houses direct them to me.
PS: Spelling and grammar mistakes where made!! Deal with it or you will be sleeping with the fishes :D

Last edited:
Deal with it or you will be sleeping with the fishes :D
what if you want to be sleeping with credo?
Can we have basements?
Are the examples provided for arches the only options?
What about the dome example?

Also, who is staff for MT other than c
red? I.e. who is it best to ask questions to?

Last edited:
Can we have basements?

I know that you can't have basements, since there is only bedrock below level 1. I don't know about the other 2.

Can we have basements?

Also, who is staff for MT other than c
red? I.e. who is it best to ask questions to?
I like judging people/builds and will be happy to lend a hand/my opinion to all those in need/whether they like it or not. In other words Cred dint say no about me helping so I will be helping until he yells at me :D

For the domes, I wouldn't stray away from the design in the example because it's not easy to make small domes and they tend to look weird if you alter the design to much. For the arches you can try to make an own design but keep it sober and simple. We don't want something that looks completely different than the example.

Credoo is best to ask questions about mt, if he's not around despot, and after that the build staff. Don't annoy cred please, if it's not that important to ask, go to any build staff for help.

EDIT: Worst tutorial ever credoo, could have used more exclamation marks. ;-)

Not every house needs a tower guys ^^. The city is not called Minas Tower. If you made a house with a tower and it gets approved and you want to make another house do it without an tower.

Hey would it be possible to let Commoners within a certain area (the city walls) have almost Artist-like abilities and just be able to build whenever they want? maybe like, put a rule in no breaking blocks, but you can build. Idk, I just hate it when there are no staff to be seen and I am on and have limited time and want to build but can't cuz I'm a Commoner and had my Artist app turned down. Ik I can reapply, but that takes time, and I am bored. Could someone high up in the staff consider this request with more than a "no" in their heads? Thank you so much! And I haven't been on as much as I would like, sorry, i've been busy, but ill be on

@NinjaPotafo 1st level is open to all for freebuild. on the plotworld at /warp minasplot. Maje sure tho that you read the posted build guide in this thread,

Pink Palace Contest

• Team: You can work solo on this contest or in a team. You get until next week Sunday (4th of may) to sign up your team for the contest. Once...
How do we sign up?
If we just post, then sign me up please.

How do we sign up?
If we just post, then sign me up please.
Team name: <name>
Team participants: <person1>,<person2> etc
Warp name: <teamname>citadel

As stated in the above post ^^

Team name: <name>
Team participants: <person1>,<person2> etc
Warp name: <teamname>citadel

As stated in the above post ^^
Oh sorry.

Team name: Jetfire301
Team participants: Just me
Warp name: Jetfire301 citadel

hi so i followd this pattern and mine got marked with red wool i was just finishd with the construct

actually, there is a little problem with minas tirith in the mc version: there is forrest in front of the gate. if you check out the films (it isn't mentioned in the books), you'll see a big nearly flat plain that reaches right to the river of anduin (osgiliath). will that be changed?

The pellenor in the movies is indeed a big plain, however in the lore it is filled with farms, villages, and other landmarks. I would assume it is so barren in the movies to make it easier for the CGI team. (Also the quality of the landscape seriously degrades after thousands of orcs have passed by)