• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Minas Tirith STAGE 2 " Gondor calls for aid!"

The pellenor in the movies is indeed a big plain, however in the lore it is filled with farms, villages, and other landmarks. I would assume it is so barren in the movies to make it easier for the CGI team. (Also the quality of the landscape seriously degrades after thousands of orcs have passed by)
ok thanks, i wasn't quite sure about the lore so i just watched the films once more

i wasn't quite sure about the lore so i just watched the films once more

seinfeld_had_enough.gif

how can I help
If you read on page 2 of this thread, there is currently a freebuild where you can build your own minas tirith house which can get pasted in! So please refer yourself to the guide there and ask someone on build if you need any help as we'll be happy to c:

Right, because Minas Tirith would be such a pain to deliver supplies to the upper levels, It was suggested that Denethor implemented a series of chutes, baskets and lifts to bring food n stuff. Also, due to the city's height, a gravity based sewer system might be a really cool thing to include!
-Kulmen-

Do ppl actually know there already is big basement system? Not actually sewers <but hell i am thinking about remaking wells a bit :p> - more like water supply chain, sewers on so many levels could make air unbreathable.

Remember, unlike most of Minas, the old guesthouse was in fact built out of grey stone...
I'm sorry wheellee. I wont make the same mistake again. Please forgive me.

On Topic I'm not sure if the placement is final and or satisfying as it is right now. I'll think about it some more Minas Tirith is not going to run away.

I'm sorry wheellee. I wont make the same mistake again. Please forgive me.

On Topic I'm not sure if the placement is final and or satisfying as it is right now. I'll think about it some more Minas Tirith is not going to run away.
I believe there may be enough space in the Northern section if you wanted to remove a house and replace it with a brand new tavern

You probably know this already but the guesthouse was also supposed to have a bit of a lawn.
Also, (this is unimportant since its not in lore or anything), I think the theatre could use some improvement. Unless there's another one on a higher level which I don't know about, I think Glove put it well in that it looks a bit pauper for Gondor's capital city. Perhaps if there were seats it might be better? The stage is rather rough, too, which is annoying (if you're walking on it). Lastly, this is of course a Gondorian theatre, but in the Greek/Roman theatres it's based on, the area in front of the stage, would be stone, not dirt. If you want to keep it dirt, in my opinion the little blotches of stone are strange then.

I was doing the management building for the theater, but, due to the current server situation and my absence this week, I won't be able to finish it until Friday. So, if someone would mind finishing it once build is back - only the interior on the second floor isn't done - that would be greatly appreciated.:D

Thanks!

P.S. If you don't know which building it is, it's the small one by the edge closest to the second level