• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Misty Mountains [Part 1 - Mountains of Moria]

I logged on the server for like the first time in forever today. I must say @Finrod _Amandil you have excelled yourself, at this rate judging by how great it's gonna look. the whole rest of Middle Earth will have to be redone to match that standard. Your planning is top notch. I'd put it on your CV if I were you

Use dark stone:p

Mind if I put two or three caves along the valley in section 4?
Unfortunately that information is not necessarily sufficient to effect infallible success in improving anything. :cool: One does not simply use dark stone.
I had not much time trying out suff yet, tried some /b sb s1 g5000 r10 (/b sb cc) + /b blob g1500 at the edges. You see, the task of finding a good brush is fairly easy. :rolleyes:

You can add caves IF, and ONLY IF you are 110% sure whether its realistic. If you're not sure whether your geographic and glaciologic knowledges are good enough to instantly judge that, you gotta do some research (which may take you more than 5 minutes *cough*)

Thx everyone for their appreciation, really helps making me putting all the passion into it. (I'm sry that I'm not too often online the last few days, gotta sort out some other casual stuff beside studying and MCME, writing music sheets and making elvish translations, just stuff every person needs to do here and then :p)

Last edited:
there are a few places i noticed along the roads in the misty mountains where the roads simply wouldn't be built that way because there's a much easier, more direct way. i'd like to mark them out for whoever does the work to take a look at. how can i do that?

As you normally cant place blocks id suggest you take a screenshot each and mark your concerns on there ;)

there are a few places i noticed along the roads in the misty mountains where the roads simply wouldn't be built that way because there's a much easier, more direct way. i'd like to mark them out for whoever does the work to take a look at. how can i do that?
Well, you can imagine that there was some rock or something else when the road was being builded that makes things as the way the road is now was the best way it could have been done then ;) .

Not sure if this post is understandable, English isn't my native language...

Well, you can imagine that there was some rock or something else when the road was being builded that makes things as the way the road is now was the best way it could have been done then ;) .

Not sure if this post is understandable, English isn't my native language...
True, although if those passes are hundreds of years old, I am sure that later someone could have gone up (Elrond or the Elves of Lorien, maybe) and fixed the pass. Don't think I am sure because I'm not, maybe an artist or lore junkie (nudge, nudge) could give their opinion?

Well i think its not too bad now, but if anyone has some concrete ideas/concerns im happy to discuss it, we can only profit from it

roads can be not-straight as bombur mentioned but there are loads of places where people would have cut across a valley or run along a mountain instead of over it, things like that. on the large scale you can always imagine there used to be a village or something, but on the smaller scale a road will always be both as straight and easy to travel as it can be, and where it's not, people will ignore it. if there were just a few places i'd point 'em out but there are lots. so i guess the real question is, how do i become a designer?

roads can be not-straight as bombur mentioned but there are loads of places where people would have cut across a valley or run along a mountain instead of over it, things like that. on the large scale you can always imagine there used to be a village or something, but on the smaller scale a road will always be both as straight and easy to travel as it can be, and where it's not, people will ignore it. if there were just a few places i'd point 'em out but there are lots. so i guess the real question is, how do i become a designer?

In order to be a designer first you must become an artist, Post an application here http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/forums/artist.18/ Currently the format is hidden (this will be fixed) however it starts with Username, join date, Ability to join Teamspeak (yes/no, Ability to talk on Teamspeak (yes/ no)
Then pictures of Themed builds that you have made.
Ask again when you become an artist as it takes time and probably by then the guide will be public so people can see the format again.

Also next time you post questions, post them in the http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/forums/get-help.25/ section of the forums.

If you see a spot you think could do with improvement, mention it to an artist or designer, or post it on THIS thread. If you're thinking about a particular spot, know that the paths are going to follow the contour of the hills to some degree. For example:

UDfXGVC.jpg

Realistically, it kinda looks like the path could go straight through the depression, but that wouldn't look too good. The path the road takes creates more variety, and it's much more interesting. I know this sort of thing won't happen much in the mountains, but keep it in mind when you're looking at paths in plains regions.