• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

In Progress Mordor Borders

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Mordor Borders:
Repairing West/South/East Sides
(North gets its own post)

Project Staff:
Fireinferno13 , Tyranystrasz, mattlego, BWOT
Support Staff:
Introduction
As you hopefully noticed, Mordor was recently added to the map. However, due to overlap, this also meant for the destruction of Ithilien/Harithilien's most eastern border. The goal of this project is self explanatory - repairing the boarder between Ithilien and Mordor in order to create a smooth transition. This project will commence upon receiving the green light from Mr @Finrod_Amandil .

X0u2nka.png
imU1CIZ.png

Project Plan and Progress

West (100%)
green - ithilien
South (100%)
yellow - harad and khand
East (20%)
black - mordor cont.
North (100%)
light red - ash mountains

separate project:

orange - dead marshes
red - noman lands / dagorlad

brown - main road

Last edited:
green-light-yoast-hero-2.jpg

Only two questions:
  • Have you talked with Tyran regarding textures? Do we need to add something to new/old Gondor to make the transition possible? I know that the textures are currently mixed up within Mordor but we could probably assemble a temporary RP for the region until we get down to swapping the blocks in Mordor (@Eriol_Eandur what's the status of the block replacing plugin?)
  • We might need to push Minas Ithil a bit further into the mountains to get some more distance to Osgo; so don't spend too much time on that bit yet.
Disclaimer: No we're not starting Mordor yet, for all those that are panicking already ;)

green-light-yoast-hero-2.jpg

Only two questions:
  • Have you talked with Tyran regarding textures? Do we need to add something to new/old Gondor to make the transition possible? I know that the textures are currently mixed up within Mordor but we could probably assemble a temporary RP for the region until we get down to swapping the blocks in Mordor (@Eriol_Eandur what's the status of the block replacing plugin?)
  • We might need to push Minas Ithil a bit further into the mountains to get some more distance to Osgo; so don't spend too much time on that bit yet.
Disclaimer: No we're not starting Mordor yet, for all those that are panicking already ;)
Texture need to match only for the mountains (they need to.be blackish in both packs)
Unsure of how we are dealing with the textures needed?

Dont worry I am very aware that the location of Minas Ithil is not set, it was simply a marker for my own benefit.

EDIT: Can someone move this to public forums?

Last edited:
I will sign up :p, I like Mordor.
But if dad wants to I will give it to him.

This is far and away an aside, but as far as textures are concerned; will there be special implementation between the Gondor/Mordor packs (for example) where a specific biome creates a water suitable for the Mountains of Shadow? I think something beyond happy blue steams would be suitable.

I bring it up here because it look like this is a good area for smooth transition into some "nicer" water following the flow from the mountains. Something like taking the streams underwater for a short time may be considered.

I will sign up :p, I like Mordor.
But if dad wants to I will give it to him.
You are welcome to help so long as the final product is good ;)

Assume some terrain will be ready for jobs in about a week or so. I will PM you at this time.
This is far and away an aside, but as far as textures are concerned; will there be special implementation between the Gondor/Mordor packs (for example) where a specific biome creates a water suitable for the Mountains of Shadow? I think something beyond happy blue steams would be suitable.

I bring it up here because it look like this is a good area for smooth transition into some "nicer" water following the flow from the mountains. Something like taking the streams underwater for a short time may be considered.
You can change the color of the water relatively easy by changing the biome. I like this idea for some of the sources and will give it a shot!

@BWOT I have marked a couple of water sources that can be run as jobs just north of the crossroad (I think there are ~4 total). Sorry for the slow progress been super busy.

@BWOT looks great! Make sure you keep the materials consistent with the rest of the river.

Added a ton of jobs to be done around the NEW cross roads (same style/statue/etc, new location). This includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
  1. Add stumps/fallen tree (white markers)
  2. Add cobble walls (green)
  3. Add road slabs (until orange, note style of current areas)
  4. Root fixing in regions surrounding the crossroads AND along eastern side of N-S road
  5. Add vegetation at crossroads
EDIT: possibly outdated, check main thread.

Last edited:
Progress update:

Please see original post for job list. @BWOT either post here or PM me with your respective progress so I can keep track of what needs doing. Also @Tyranystrasz let me know how your side of things is going when you have a chance.

Terraforming the eastern region of Emyn Arnen (upper Harithilien) is almost complete. I intend to have it done by this weekend if possible. @BWOT (or any foreman that is available), their is a small portion of road that has been marked out for a job. Should be a relatively easy job. This will be the only job in this section with the exception of river sources to the south (not ready).

I also have terraformed some of the terrain south of Harithilien, as this transition is easy and mindless compared to designing hills in Emyn Arnen.

Progress update:

Please see original post for job list. @BWOT either post here or PM me with your respective progress so I can keep track of what needs doing. Also @Tyranystrasz let me know how your side of things is going when you have a chance.

Terraforming the eastern region of Emyn Arnen (upper Harithilien) is almost complete. I intend to have it done by this weekend if possible. @BWOT (or any foreman that is available), their is a small portion of road that has been marked out for a job. Should be a relatively easy job. This will be the only job in this section with the exception of river sources to the south (not ready).

I also have terraformed some of the terrain south of Harithilien, as this transition is easy and mindless compared to designing hills in Emyn Arnen.
Yup will do fire, its just hard to get a job going when so many people are on the survival server :p.

Progress update:

I haven't done much i just covered some stuff with sand

Upper Harithilien is done. New jobs that are now available:
- Eastern road (job)
- River sources (job)
- Ruined watchtower (artist)

Middle Harithilien is now done. New jobs that are available:
- River sources (job)

If there are other foreman that would like to work on this please let me know.

Middle Harithilien is now done. New jobs that are available:
- River sources (job)

If there are other foreman that would like to work on this please let me know.
Sorry Fire, there haven't been a ton of people on when I have been on so I have just been working in Dol Amroth but if I get enough commoners and stuff it will get done.