• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Mordor Terrain

This wont mess up my pretty Ithilien/Harithilien terrain right?
Luckily the border of Mordor is nicely vertical, so if Tyran manages to make the border of the to-paste section right at the feet of the mountains it should overwrite not too much (I'd say in northern Ithilien nothing west of the Harad road).

Really glad to see staff update behind-the-scenes voxelling. It's nice to be able to check this out even if it's just a couple of screenies. Nice work guys! Keep it up!

I was out this week-end but as mister fish @Credoo suggested i'm trying to get better mountains especially on top. Also i've been working on the lowlands trying to get an average level terrain that won't need to much voxelling
Gonna release some screenies soon

My version of Mordor :p

img201607091eii.jpg

Return it if you have some problems to recognize the Mordor :3

Make more than some fertile ground :D
The Return of The King – The Land of Shadow said:
Neither he nor Frodo knew anything of the great slave-worked fields away south in this wide realm, beyond the fumes of the Mountain by the dark sad waters of Lake Núrnen; nor of the great roads that ran away east and south to tributary lands, from which the soldiers of the Tower brought long waggon-trains of goods and booty and fresh slaves.

Looks fabulous :O

Make sure there's some fertile ground (grass and stuff) around lake Nurnen (that big blue thing) as it's where they grew the food for the orcs.
Unfortunately i can't add the texture directly on WM however i did a fast test on WP and i added grass on the southern area.
BTW the things i've noticed exporting it:
The Mountains looks pretty good and the flat areas are really better than i expected.
The rivers now are marked out, but they looks weird in game so they will need to be redone (at least we already have the location for it marked). Since the map is really big and i needed to export the heightmap in 8k (80 min of processing) some parts in the mountains looks empty. I can fix and improve, but i can't promise a miracle