• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Moria - Stage 2: Idea collecting and fine planning

Forgot to ask in my previous post. Considering a few features you plan to implement are 1.8, what are the plans to update the server?

I relly hope this can be build (it's the start of the Endless Stair from LOTRO), I think it's one of the best part-of-moria-concept I have ever seen :) :
lora885W28t65sP.jpg

TheEndlessStair1.jpg

Last edited:
This is great, awesome, fantastic, .... (can't find right words)

Thanks a lot for adapting the book version so detailed. It's a great idea to make two paths of the fellowship to make book and movie fans happy.

The only part i haven't found is the path of the balrog and gandalf to Durin's tower. What about that?
Have you planned to flood some of the lower tunnels and chambers? Would be cool to have some parts you have to dive in.

About that, I noticed the Endless Stair is not (yet?) on the 3D wool Moria plan :p .

Oh, and another hall I strongly would like to see coming back from the old Moria is the flooded one (but with more statues :) ).

This is great, awesome, fantastic, .... (can't find right words)

Thanks a lot for adapting the book version so detailed. It's a great idea to make two paths of the fellowship to make book and movie fans happy.

The only part i haven't found is the path of the balrog and gandalf to Durin's tower. What about that?
Have you planned to flood some of the lower tunnels and chambers? Would be cool to have some parts you have to dive in.

The endless stair we'll place in the end, it will only take few space; and the caves to it will also be made using the leftover space in the end.
Flooded low chambers sound cool, are actually even in the lore:
"And since the dwarves fled, no one dares to seek the shafts and treasuries down in the deep places: they are drowned in water – or in a shadow of fear."

Yeah, and I followed the book path and didn't find the crossway ...
That is there, if i remember correctly, its at the bottom of the middle layer, bit east of the middle east-west wise.

NOTE: this is my opinion and whether or not you take it into consideration is up to you.

Finally got a chance to fly through, and I noted that for the palace it said "Pyke like" from GoT. although I am completely up for that style choice we ought to at least make it it's own unique thing, just using pyke as a style base.

pyke_by_astrkv-d50k3zx.jpg

Here you have the standard interpretation of Pyke. It is very llinear, am from what i saw on the model you were going to add waterfalls between the keeps.

pyke_by_lyno3ghe-d6uk2p3.jpg

However, I prefer this sort of idea. It just feels like with would fit with a more underground sort of theme. In the first picture, (If we were to interpret the sea stacks as stalagmites) it seems much to linear to be a natural formation of stalagmites. However, in the bottom picture, it seems much more natural and organic compared to the first, and overall much more Dwarven looking.

Srsly though I'm sure I'll come up with some sort of idea thingys after I've thought on it but for right now it's just hyyyyype.

@Eaglz and @HeartseekerDK did a Iron Hills "preview" build in the Freebuild server (/warp Iron Hills). Who knows, it might inspire some of you guys for some parts of Moria.

Last edited: