• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Moria - Stage 4: Construction

There is a problem with the pillar plot enlargement: they passed from an odd side lenght to a even side lenght, which means my pillar is no more centered and it even exceed the plot borders on two sides because it's symetric...

Last edited:
There is a problem with the pillar plot enlargement: they passed from an odd side lenght to a pair side lenght, which means my pillar is no more centered and it even exceed the plot borders on two sides because it's symetric...
It's irrelevant whether the pillar has an even or an odd size aswell as whether its centered on the plot or not.

OK. But my pillar is stil exceeding the plot by 1 block on two sides amongst four because I calculated it to tuch its neighbor :( ...

Thanks for teching me "pair" is said even in English by the way :p .

OK. But my pillar is stil exceeding the plot by 1 block on two sides amongst four because I calculated it to tuch its neighbor :( ...

Thanks for teching me "pair" is said even in English by the way :p .
Its no problem when the pillar exceeds the plot, as long as you do not disturb your neighbours.

For the wall concept, are we supposed to build the half-pillar thing at the ends and between the two segments?

The Lord of the Rings - Book II - Chapter 5: The Bridge of Khazad-dûm said:
They peered out. Before them was another cavernous hall. It was loftier and far longer than the one in which they had slept. They were near its eastern end; westward it ran away into darkness. Down the centre stalked a double line of towering pillars. They were carved like boles of mighty trees whose boughs upheld the roof with a branching tracery of stone. Their stems were smooth and black, but a red glow was darkly mirrored in their sides.
having just reread this section i'm pretty sure the red glow darkly mirrored in their sides was due to the fire the orcs made not the natural state of the pillars. Not sure if this really impacts anyone's building though :p

Since kisos built a beautiful pillar that was exactly what I was picturing, and a far better build then the one I attempted to construct, I would like to unclaim my pillar plot (Plot 8), and try my hand at the wall contest instead.
Wall:
Plot 1
Team Uninspiring
Puffin4Tom

A few notes on the wall contest:
  • Do not make a replica of the moria west gate onto these walls. If there's one place on Arda where you don't find elvish symbols like the star of Feanor or the two trees of Valinor, then its in the 2nd hall, the heart of the biggest dwarven realm. However symbols as Durins Crown with the 7 stars or the anvil + hammer are symbols that are surely appropriate.
  • If you want to use runes (Cirth), you can use the following sources, or ask in this thread for translations / transcriptions:
    Cirth reference: Angerthas Moria - Tolkien Gateway
    Khuzdul reference and wordlist: khuzdul
    Neo-Khuzdul by David Salo, translator of the LotR and Hobbit movies: Khuzdul | Midgardsmal

Last edited:
A few notes on the wall contest:
  • Do not make a replica of the moria west gate onto these walls. If there's one place on Arde where you don't find elvish symbols like the star of Feanor or the two trees of Valinor, then its in the 2nd hall, the heart of the biggest dwarven realm. However symbols as Durins Crown with the 7 stars or the anvil + hammer are symbols that are surely appropriate.
  • If you want to use runes (Cirth), you can use the following sources, or ask in this thread for translations / transcriptions:
    Cirth reference: Angerthas Moria - Tolkien Gateway
    Khuzdul reference and wordlist: khuzdul
    Neo-Khuzdul by David Salo, translator of the LotR and Hobbit movies: Khuzdul | Midgardsmal
what? am i getting a tattoo or something, except not of the star of feanor or the two trees?

Last edited:
Just a note to all contestants (and Enforcers) 2 players logged on today and tped to the moria pillar builds. They started griefing and have since been banned. I have rolled back the damage but due to the radius limitations of Prism I may have missed a bit. Contact an Enforcer if you find any damage. Note: To any Enforcers the player names in question are Glandalf and zXKlasXz for any prism searches needed