• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Moria - Stage 4: Construction

I thought this could be a good inspiration for the Chamber of Dark (or something else). With a bit less oriental look.
14457344_10154484801990502_4881686694131518874_n.jpg

Attention all Droogs, Adventurers, Thrall and anyone who's a tad bored on a Saturday night
Introducing: " The Great Kings Road Plot-Build, thingy "
In an effort to stick with my plan of participation in Moria and dealing with Andrast, I have decided to create an amazingly spectacular Plot-build for all of YOU!
The general idea of this is to create new and original Mural designs within the Kings road
To get to the Kings road you must type /mv tp Moria then /warp m3, and boom, you're there

Here are a few prerequisites that you must keep in mind when claiming a plot

• Build in three dimensions, Flat walls are no bueno and don't look too good
  • Use the Dwarven style, take a look around at the style of the room and of Moria itself when creating your designs
  • Be original, Im not saying don't take inspiration, but do not directly copy a design from another hall, be creative
  • Do not start a new plot until you've finished your current one, this is fairly self-explanatory
  • Exceptions, If you have a wall with a door you are also able to create a portion of the hallway and the mural therefore it is a bigger responsability
  • Remember the commands, Remeber to claim your plot with /plot claim and to complete the plot with /plot finish
That should be all you need to know, as always have fun and new plot will be created once all remaining plots are finished
HAPPY BUILDING!

Hello, could I get a little help from an artist or designer :) ?

My "dome" here goes a bit beyond the back limit of my current plot (you can't miss it, it's the one with the giant black excaved demi-sphere), so it would be nice if someone could complete the last three layers (I use this site here if you want the exact same pattern (sphere tool, size 17): Plotz Online Modeller for Minecraft). Or, if possible, extending the plot would be even better, so I wouldn't need to ask again when I'll fill it with stuff.

Then, I noticed I forgot one diorite block in my previous plot, could you please addi it :) ?
2EDfqiq.png

Would it be also possible the replace this emerald block by a sponge? I hadn't saw that lovely red texture yet when I built the wall:
fffa19fd-d508-41fc-9962-326c993269bb

OFsPZ3U.png

I also noticed that ALL the pillars and half pillars of the hall are missing this particular block:
agTzekb.png

And that this plot seems to be missing a block there too:
WtymJ5J.png

And this one two :p :
XSZyrBu.png

uCU6oQm.png

And, finally, I was wondering if obsidian wouldn't be better than bedrock there (it's almost as black and I find the lack of an actual texture a bit disturbing, it looks a bit like empty darkness to me, like when they are used as the "bottom" of the Khazad-dûm chasm)... But as always, do as you please, it's only a suggestion!
ydk4PRa.png

Also in the great throne room:
bdDwWEw.png

Last edited:
Hello, could I get a little help from an artist or designer :) ?

My "dome" here goes a bit beyond the back limit of my current plot (you can't miss it, it's the one with the giant black excaved demi-sphere), so it would be nice if someone could complete the last three layers (I use this site here if you want the exact same pattern (sphere tool, size 17): Plotz Online Modeller for Minecraft). Or, if possible, extending the plot would be even better, so I wouldn't need to ask again when I'll fill it with stuff.

Then, I noticed I forgot one diorite block in my previous plot, could you please addi it :) ?
View attachment 7687

Would it be also possible the replace this emerald block by a sponge? I hadn't saw that lovely red texture yet when I built the wall:
fffa19fd-d508-41fc-9962-326c993269bb

OFsPZ3U.png

I also noticed that ALL the pillars and half pillars of the hall are missing this particular block:
View attachment 7688

And that this plot seems to be missing a block there too:
View attachment 7689
They should make a special derpfixer rank for you!

Hey! I think one small modification should be made for this glorious mural in the 2nd Hall:
1y5SvHL.png

I suppose the three runes stand for, from left to right, Zirakzigil, Barazinbar and Bundushathûr, problem being the last two both start by B. Fortunately, we know a shorter form used by the Dwarves for Bundushathûr: Shathûr. But there is a small mistake here because the first rune for Shathûr shouldn't be
certh-33.gif
(S) but
certh-11.gif
(SH), or maybe
certh-33.gif
+
certh-59a.gif
, like the "Khazad-dûm" inscription does, using
certh-04.gif
+
certh-59a.gif
for KH instead of the single rune
certh-12.gif
;
certh-59a.gif
being used only to represent the addition of an H after another rune and can't be used alone.

Hey! I think one small modification should be made for this glorious mural in the 2nd Hall:
View attachment 7750

I suppose the three runes stand for, from left to right, Zirakzigil, Barazinbar and Bundushathûr, problem being the last two both start by B. Fortunately, we know a shorter form used by the Dwarves for Bundushathûr: Shathûr. But there is a small mistake here because the first rune for Shathûr shouldn't beView attachment 7751(S) butView attachment 7752(SH), or maybeView attachment 7753+View attachment 7754, like the "Khazad-dûm" inscription does, usingView attachment 7755+View attachment 7756 for KH instead of the single runeView attachment 7757; View attachment 7758 being used only to represent the addition of an H after another rune and can't be used alone.
Wow you really find every bug there is :D Agree, should be
certh-11-gif.7752

Chamber of Light
Temple Contest & Buildday part II
Sunday, December 4th 2016

Ladies and gentlemen, write the date on your calendars and start counting down the days. The contest for the temple in the Chamber of Light has started! The contest winner will be announced on December 4th at the end of the buildday, which also takes place on December 4th.

Check out the new thread:
Contest - Chamber of Light Temple contest & Buildday!

Last edited:
If any artists (or designers who want to run a job) are looking for work, there is stuff to be done in the royal kitchens (/warp f13)

1) Structural (yellow) - walls/paths/ceilings, should match current styles and be done before adding interior
2) Interior (purple) - everything a kitchen might need, shelves, prep stations, ovens, etc

If any artists (or designers who want to run a job) are looking for work, there is stuff to be done in the royal kitchens (/warp f13)

1) Structural (yellow) - walls/paths/ceilings, should match current styles and be done before adding interior
2) Interior (purple) - everything a kitchen might need, shelves, prep stations, ovens, etc
Structural designs are done.

Looking for artists to add kitchen interiors (prep areas, stoves, etc) so that this can be ruined soon

Also foremen there are two side halls that can be ruined (marked with red) if you are interested

Also if there are any designers that want a large hall, I got one that has your name on it

Looking for artists to add kitchen interiors (prep areas, stoves, etc) so that this can be ruined soon

Also foremen there are two side halls that can be ruined (marked with red) if you are interested

Also if there are any designers that want a large hall, I got one that has your name on it
onnnn it

Condensing posts into a major thread

Title: Royal Kitchen and Food Storage
Leader: Myself
Warp: ./warp f1 and f2

Hall Progress:
  1. Royal Kitchen
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Kitchen Interior (done)
    • Ruining (done)
  2. Adjoining Waterway
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Ruining (done)
  3. Food Storage Halls (x3)
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Stairwell to Attach (done)
    • Copy Design (x3) (not started)
    • Storage Interior (not started)
    • Ruining (hold)
  4. Main Stairwell
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Ruining (done)
THINGS TO DO FOR:
Artist+ (projects):
- Storage Hall:
- Finish upper levels
- Create storage design
Foremen (jobs):
- Ruin once completed
- Replicate shelf designs​

Last edited:

Hall Progress:
  1. Royal Kitchen
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Ruining (done)
  2. Adjoining Waterway
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Ruining (done)
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Ruining (hold)
  4. Main Stairwell
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Ruining (done)
THINGS TO DO FOR:
Artist+ (projects):
- Storage Hall:
- Finish upper levels
- Create storage design
Foremen (jobs):
- Ruin once completed
Updated original post. Since I am apparently the only person posting their Moria progress, here it goes...

• Royal kitchens were completed and ruined this week.
  • Stairwell ruining was finished this week.
  • Bottom level design was completed
    • Interior still required
  • Currently adjusting design for middle and top levels
    • Will add interiors afterwards

Hall Progress:
  1. Royal Kitchen
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Ruining (done)
  2. Adjoining Waterway
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Ruining (done)
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Ruining (hold)
  4. Main Stairwell
    • Layout (done)
    • Structural (done)
    • Ruining (done)
THINGS TO DO FOR:
Artist+ (projects):
- Storage Hall:
- Finish upper levels
- Create storage design
Foremen (jobs):
- Ruin once completed
Structural construction is complete.

Interior has been placed on hold, Despot is interested in developing several textures that would be helpful towards future building.

In record time - the tavern adjacent to my storage halls has been built and ruined (aka its done). Thanks to the commoners (like penguin and olwe, etc) as well as the artists (bart, julien, rob, etc) for helping turn this project around so quickly!

Will be starting a new hall once I get a green light from despot somewhere

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Construction of my barracks (/warp f4) and defensive outcropping (/warp f5) are done.

If Foremen or Artists are looking for something to do I would really appreciate the help ruining the barracks (outcrop done thx BWOT). Just shoot me a PM so I know who is working on what and where.

Last edited: