• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

New Gondor textures

@Eaglz24 @Eriol_Eandur @Fireinferno13 \

Some of these textures are 32x32! OMG! Reduce the size to 16 cuz they make MC less blocky! /s

Now seriously: either you put 16 version in the current official pack as it was agreed 1 year ago (no 32x32 textures!) or I demand 32x32 official pack (or at least discussion about it again). I put a lot of effort in those back then and I am seeing now some of the 32x32 stuff being smuggled into packs without any hesitation. This hurts.
I think we agreed on that plants and smaller detail stuff could be 32x32, but all blocks should be 16x16

All window glasses, rope and chain log, and barrel fillers are added to custom inventories on devserver. Also the beer mug to be used as item with armor stands:
full
full
full
full

I wrote the above in the morning seems that I forgot to post :D

About 32x32 textures.
I'm in general not a fan of. The reason is that with the higher resolution borders between blocks are (often) more pronounced and I dislike that a lot (conquest pack for example). But for details the 32x32 are great. This is obvious something we should discuss again. I would speak for 16x16 in general and 32x32 for details whereever it looks good. For example the window glasses are fitting well imo.

I think it depends on whether you want to define the glass as a block or detail. I would be happy to design a 16bit if necessary.

EDIT: Can you delete the multicolor variants in the circle and large diamond frames? I think they are ugly and work better in the other variants

Hey there! Now that everyone's texturing I might as well join in. I didnt make exactly new textures, but more of combined two for extra roof details. I combined the sandstone slab with the shingles slabs to create a nice line of slab upon slab.
EnheVqZ.png

AMR3jYr.png
Please be kind on the feedback, this is my first try :3

EDIT: I'll continue with the rest if you guys like them

Hey there! Now that everyone's texturing I might as well join in. I didnt make exactly new textures, but more of combined two for extra roof details. I combined the sandstone slab with the shingles slabs to create a nice line of slab upon slab.
EnheVqZ.png

AMR3jYr.png

Thijs a few days ago: guys we are making too many DA specific textures
Thijs today: guys look I made a DA specific texture!

EnheVqZ.png

AMR3jYr.png

Lel shouldn't you have that upside down, since the roof is usually above the (sandstone) wall?

Well, no. Because with most houses, a slab of the material of the roof is used over it.
So for what exactly did you intend to use it? If it's upside down it would be useful for unsteep roofs without having to use the sometimes unrealistic overhangs.

Call for Interior Blocks!

We need more Interior Textures for each possible job in a city. That includes:
- Bakery
- Blacksmith
- Barber
- Candlemaker
- Potter
- Shoemaker
- Spinster

The Goal of these Textures is that you see appropriate Textures for each Job in every Workplace, so for example in a Candlemaker store you will see unfinished Candles lying around.
Same goes for all the other ones.

What i am imagine are mostly either Painting/Plate like textures but also more Flower like ones. (that being those 2 90% layers of textures)

Please leave it at 2d sprites right now tho, since these can be used more flexible and it can always be decided afterwards if we wanna turn each texture into a 3d one.

Last edited:
Call for Interior Blocks!

We need more Interior Textures for each possible job in a city. That includes:
- Bakery
- Blacksmith
- Barber
- Candlemaker
- Potter
- Shoemaker
- Spinster
Can you be like, a lot more specific for what you want