• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

New Gondor textures

Well let's face reality: Vanilla minecraft dragon egg is as round as you can get with a 16px texture.

I found out how to use the block states of fire. The block behaves a bit weird. If there is a block below the fire the client always uses value "0" for "age" state. But without a block below all 16 "age" states are recognized correctly by the client.

This means we can use fire for 16 different light emitting blocks: Laterns, chandelier, ...
Also fire connects to flammable materials which makes it possible to make oriented light sources like these:
full
It's a texture I found in Gondor pack at the Cocoa block. All three latern you see are fire blocks with "age": 1. The planks beside make them connect to that side.

So if you have an idea for better light sources using this. Submit your textures!!!

Particles can be made invisible. Not sure if it would be possible to change to smoke. I think the color is hard coded.

:p I know that particles can be made invisible, though it would mean that I would have to change it everytime I went on, which is slightly unpractical. I have seen in the texture-pack files that there is a big particles file similar to the painting file where all of the atleast shapes were stored

Sorry, I didn't explain properly.

I meant it is possible to make particles invisible by removing the corresponding parts of that particles file in the texturepack. Indeed we will remove the redstone particles in the URPS update. Redstone wire chains, moss and dirt patches would look very weird with redstone particles around :D

So you can make the particles invisible by removing them from the file or you can change the shape of them ofc. But the color of the particles is not defined in that file, so redstone particle smoke would still be red. Also I would expect that the particles will not support transparency which would be quite important for smoke.

Anyway good idea and good question. Keep thinking about resource pack stuff. Many things are possible, we just need to find them ;)