• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished ***Osgiliath Vegetation Upgrade***

Yeah like the reet texture has, i suggested that to bwot a while back, but he told me it be a while before that would be added. And yeah okay, il start experimenting with your idea for the mossy roofs

2eaec44eae23a26c590f08a5ce8844c8.jpg

Here is the capitol building in my town. It is stained by seaside air and constant rain. I feel like this texture is a good basis for Osgo rooftops if you guys want to have something to reference!

View attachment 12152
Here is the capitol building in my town. It is stained by seaside air and constant rain. I feel like this texture is a good basis for Osgo rooftops if you guys want to have something to reference!
Good refrence but also add the fact its ruined and mostly abandoned for the last 1500 years so quite a bit of over growth

Dirt only stays if it's kept in place first by moss, later by grass, otherwise it just flies back the same way it got up. Dave, you said the green patches look good on roofs, those are quite realistic. Bare dirt however is neither realistic nor good-looking.

The onyl buildings i see with grass growing on the roofs are stuff with plain roofs where a lot of dirt accumulated on the top.
I think a sloped roof or broken roof will just cause the dirte to fall down, so stuff in the corners aye but not randobly over all the roof.

The onyl buildings i see with grass growing on the roofs are stuff with plain roofs where a lot of dirt accumulated on the top.
I think a sloped roof or broken roof will just cause the dirte to fall down, so stuff in the corners aye but not randobly over all the roof.
Its quite hard to show a dip in the roof where grass can grow thats the point of the grass pack but we will see how we can fix this so all are happy

Thanks for these comments gives us something to aim for an help maintain a constant theme <3

33041289-abandoned-houses-and-ruined-city-wet-and-muddy.png

1200px-Ninfa_1.png

Especially the second picture we used alot as inspiration for osgiliath, here you can also see grass develop on sloped surfaces.
And pieter about the dirt on the roofs I agree, However we dont have any grass slabs in the pack, so its difficult to add green and smooth looking patches.

Attachments

• 33041289-abandoned-houses-and-ruined-city-wet-and-muddy.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 323
  • 33041289-abandoned-houses-and-ruined-city-wet-and-muddy.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,784
Greetings fellow environmentalist

2018-10-08_11.20.22.png

Seeing as both ooits and dav are busy right now, your third best option will update you on what's up in Osgiliath!

So right now, we have kinda left the first island how it is for now, and moved on to the second island. Here we've built guardpost on both bridges and the main camp area. Houses are slowly being vegetated by commoners and adventurers (if you want a plot just message me on discord/Minecraft). I've also gone over many of the houses and improved them by adding support, lowering/removing many dirt patches, removing stone on dirt, placing flowers in clusters, etc. etc. This process takes a while, and I would love it if someone could help me with checking the rest. The outer wall has been done mostly by @Roel2005 and @Xmine01, and the main road was finished today during a job, but shoutout to @Fiskaren10 who made a big part of it all by himself.

What's there to do? (on this island)

- Finishing camp and roads
- Adding vegetation to the rest of the houses
- Going over and checking & improving already vegetated houses.
- Small Defence with the river
- Finishing the last parts of the outer wall (+ towers)
- Vegetation between houses.
(In the next week or so we're also gonna try to speed up some of the processes with WE)

If you want to do something in Osgiliath, there's something to do for every one of you, no matter what rank you have, so join in and make middle earth greener!

Yours Truly, The Osgiliath team

If u have any questions, just message us.

UPDATE:
I just joined Ober and Ooits in helping them with the vegetation in Osgiliath but we need help. Me and Smaug will be giving out plots so if you are interested contact either one of us! I hope I will be welcoming a lot of builders in Osgiliath soon!

Greetings

RVB_Legend

- Osgiliath Arc de Triumph Gate Defense -
Welcome boy's and Girls to a much needed contest build. Teams or individuals will be working to try create the best possible plot in the set amount of time (2-3 Weeks), the best 4 plots will be chosen to go to the finial, and will recive detailed feedback and given 4 days to improve their build. The winners will get to lead the rest of the camp area (if they want to). This contest is open to all, so if you are a starting Adventurer or Commoner and aiming for Artist this is the perfect chance to show of your skill to add to your application. If you are an Artist looking to become Foreman then this is your moment to show you can lead a camp area and build it to an amazing standard like the current camps. And finially if you are a Foreman looking to become a Designer then this is your chance to get a section and prove you have the skills needed to become Designer. OR if you just like building and want to show of your skills then just join. Psst Guides, this is also you chance to prove that Artists can't build!!

Rules:
  1. The Arc must hold either a gate of Portcullis.
  2. Must have defensive be repaired to be used as a defensive position. (Look at the already built part of the city to get an idea for the style!!!!)
  3. Must Build Well!!
  4. Copying is allowed as long as its done better then the person you are copying
  5. Judges can only give brief feedback on plots when asked.
Judges will be:

@ooitsbirdo - (i.e ooitsbirdo_TI)

@dav3ck - (i.e Blockfanta guy)

@Oberanio - (i.e Green version of Oberanio)

Participants:

1: Snail Cranes - @barteldvn
2: Straights Are Bad - @Monster_Duck , @Rhrim_
3: Flextape and Cabbage - @Smaug_Niphredil
4: The ryttyr-less team ): - @RubenPieterMark
5:
6: Team Palladian - @TeamPalladian
7:
8:
9:
10:

More plots can be added!

General info that applies to both contests:

• Both contests will last 2-3 weeks end data will be given depending on progress. starting on Wednesday April 11,
  • Work alone or in a team.
  • Plots can be claimed by yourself by placing the matching signs at the plots (Layout is given on site) as well as replying to this post with the following information:
    - OsgoContest
    - Plot Number(s)
    - Team Name
    - Team Members
  • Additional plots will be generated if needed
  • Plots are located at /warp osgocontest on plotworld and then do /plot claim over 1 plot.
  • Resource Pack: /rp g
Good luck and have fun

Love osgo

Last edited:
Osgo Contest
Plot 2
Straights Are Bad
Monster_Duck, Rhim_
(we didnt do the claiming part cause it is broken, but bwot set up a plot over yours

OsgoContest
- Plot Number(s):
- Team Name:
Snail Cranes
- Team Members:
barteldvn

OsgoContest
- Plot Number:
- Team Name:
Flextape and Cabbage
- Team Members:
Smaug_Niphredil

OsgoContest
- Plot Number:
- Team Name: The ryttyr-less team ):
- Team Members: only RubenPieterMark (not ryttyr for some reason)

- OsgoContest
- Plot Number(s) 6
- Team Name Team Palladian
- Team Members Anyone who is willing to join me :D

(Cant claim for some reason, can someone do that for me haha)