• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Osgo Project - Osgiliath

Can I have a link to the "main post"? I really have no idea where to find it...
seriously.gif

Hey I get it now, this is it. lol that was kind of a big fail, but can I still be in the Osgo project? I need either Will or Wod to come judge my house, preferably Will cuz Wod's done it about 5 times and I don't know if he likes it :D Warp is /warp zzz-OsgoBT-NinjaPotafo. Thanks guys

Whether I or wod checks your house, wod has the final say. If he doesn't think it's good enough, I won't either.
Just putting that out there.

with the houses being ruined after they are put in, is there much need in furnishing the inside of the houses?

First of all, a lot of you seem under the impression that we paste in houses from the plotworld. THIS IS NOT THE CASE.
The plotworld is intended for you to show your skills and thus be added to the team that builds the actual houses on location.

Second, yes interior is important. Stone interior is important. Osgiliath isn't as old as some of the other ruins we have so for example not all wooden structures will be removed. It will also look more like a warzone than a ruin althought the difference in style is pretty minimal. Focus on doing basic interior and house layout, and focus on structural interior like ceilings, patterns, balconies, wall designs, arches, staircases, open areas, windows, fireplaces, chandeliers and their supports, pattios, gardens, fences, chimneys, insides of domes, and the likes.

With the last of my exams approaching, I will probably have more time next week and this weekend, and I have some other stuff planned for jobs. Make sure to keep a look at this post for news!

okay thanks for the quick response. I've finished my house, hopefully its up to scratch :)

You still need homes? I'm a little late, I know, I wanted to know if we still accept construction from Thrall users...

You still need homes? I'm a little late, I know, I wanted to know if we still accept construction from Thrall users...
Read the first post and go to osgobt and have a go at a house. I'll judge it when I have time.

Read the first post and go to osgobt and have a go at a house. I'll judge it when I have time.
In fact, I've already built, I was asking if you have completed; because one server told me he did not need more houses.

Yeah,
a lot of you seem under the impression that we paste in houses from the plotworld. THIS IS NOT THE CASE.
The plotworld is intended for you to show your skills and thus be added to the team that builds the actual houses on location.
This was in a post 3 posts above yours. You might want to read the thread a bit more.

Yeah,
a lot of you seem under the impression that we paste in houses from the plotworld. THIS IS NOT THE CASE.
This was in a post 3 posts above yours. You might want to read the thread a bit more.
True, I read too late, sorry.

Osgiliath is coming along great, nice job guys! I hope everyone is enjoying building it. And when u need to ruin it, call me, I excel at ruining things....

Jobs:
Artist:
  • Build houses in the Military District
  • Finish houses in the Rich District (Non-finished and under the bridge)
  • Look for open spaces marked with cyan wool in the rich district
  • Fix derps and add greenery to empty spaces
  • Build tower concepts for the wall around Osgiliath (Lots can be found just outside the southwestern district)
Commoners/Thralls
(On jobs lead by a foreman)
  • Check the walls and connect them to the ground
  • Fix the walkway ontop of the wall

I'm interested in trying out. I spoke with 8lock_Man and he showed me some of the current trial houses. Sounds like the military district is needed.