• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Pelargir - Garth of Royal Ships

Wodleth

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
Pelargir - Chief port of Gondor

Project leaders: Credoo wodleth
Project Staff: DSESGH

Lore:

Pelargir was built in S.A. 2350 as a haven of the Faithful. The King's Men established havens farther South. Pelargir was one of the cities that assembled Gondor when it was founded in S.A. 3320 by the Faithful.

It became an even greater haven in the days of the Ship-kings. Tarannon Falastur built a great house there, with its roots in the water which he so dearly loved. His wife, Berúthiel, did not, however, and preferred to live in Osgiliath with her cats. Tarannon's nephew Eärnil I, who succeeded him, rebuilt Pelargir and built a great navy to conquer Umbar.

Castamir was highly loved in the shore regions of the land, and when he usurped the throne, he purposed to move the throne from Osgiliath to Pelargir. Though he did not do so, he did move his base there. After turning the tide in the Kin-strife at the Battle of the Crossings of Erui, Eldacar eventually drove Castamir out of Pelargir in T.A. 1447.
Castamir's great-grandsons Angamaitë and Sangahyando eventually retook Pelargir in 1634, and slew king Minardil.

Like his namesake, the great general Eärnil took up residence in Pelargir. His Army of the South was stationed there during the long war with the Balchoth. News of the Disaster of the Morannon reached him on 9 July 1944, and he set out to battle. He returned victorious, and with the King and his sons slain, the general (of royal blood) was crowned King Eärnil II.

During the War of the Ring, Pelargir was overrun by Corsairs once again. Their fleet of some fifty great ships and many more smaller vessels laid in dock, ready to sail to Harlond. It was not to be: Aragorn and the Dead Men of Dunharrow struck fear into the men of Umbar, and they fled or dove into the river Anduin. After manning the Black Ships with his own troops, Aragorn released the spell that had haunted the Dead Men since the day of Isildur.

City Plan:
rcfM0T0.png

Concept Art:

pelargir__port_of_gondor_by_alexios2-d3iatcq.jpg
j5kVKzDMAFkjN.png
rialto-bridge.jpg
DSC6881-Venise_Piazza_San_Marco.jpg
DSC05612.JPG

Action Plan:

To do list:
Terrain - Done
Cityplan - Done
Concept builds -Done
Layouts - In progress

Trade district - 50%
Poor District - 90%
Military District - 0%

Rich District - 0%
Slums - 0%
Farms - 0%
(More to be added)

Adventurer jobs (Lead by Designers):
  • House freebuilds
  • Ship/Boat freebuilds
  • Roadjobs
  • Superfun competition(s)
Artist jobs:
  • Build houses on yellow layouts marked with red wool. (Do not build any other layouts, yellow only)
  • Fix Orange/Red marked houses in the poor district

<FAQ >

Why is the city not a triangle?
We prefer this layout because we like it more then a triangle layout, its easier to work with and did I say its easier to work with? For further information I'd like to refer you to This thread.

Why is there glass in the canals?
We use glass as an indication where water will be. Its easier to break glass and build under it then to drain water and refill the water afterwards.

Can I help out?
Yes you will be able to build houses on plotworld make sure to follow the tutorial/guide. There will also be numerous jobs in future.

Last edited:
:p

More seriously, I have to say Venise isn't actually full of digged chenals, the town is really build ON water (and islands). So the current plan is not venitian. More like brugian.

:p

More seriously, I have to say Venise isn't actually full of digged chenals, the town is really build ON water (and islands). So the current plan is not venitian. More like brugian.
Pelargir isnt actually Venice, it's inspired by Venice. Building it exactly like it isnt what we are striving for, that's why we dig canals instead of building it out in the water. We get the same feeling, but it's not a copy of Venice

If it was a copy of Venise it wouldn't have that shape. It would be more crescent-like. The problem is that this plan doesn't give me a Venise-feeling. There should be some houses actually building ON water (not all, not even the main part, but just some parts of the city. That would be nice :) .

If it was a copy of Venise it wouldn't have that shape. It would be more crescent-like. The problem is that this plan doesn't give me a Venise-feeling. There should be some houses actually building ON water (not all, not even the main part, but just some parts of the city. That would be nice :) .
If you check the ingame layouts, there are houses on the water

can i suggest that the housing class boundaries, not be so sudden, have a few poorer houses on the edge of the normal housing area and vice versa just so it blends more seamlessly much like a real city

can i suggest that the housing class boundaries, not be so sudden, have a few poorer houses on the edge of the normal housing area and vice versa just so it blends more seamlessly much like a real city
If you look ingame, the boundaries arent exactly as the map. We have poor houses closer to the wall and the docks, Poor houses are the dark blue layouts

If you look ingame, the boundaries arent exactly as the map. We have poor houses closer to the wall and the docks, Poor houses are the dark blue layouts

ahh I see, yeah that'll look good then, I also suppose that because of the canals it will also make the blend a bit more seamlessly

Pelargir Poor Housing
A guide to be used when you're helping on this job

This guide has example pictures included. However, if you want to see another example house, do /warp PelaPoorHouse ingame.

Step 0: Look at these pictures as you are finding your house. Locate your house on one of the pictures (they each show different areas of poor houses that have yet to be built). The white lines show shared walls, and these should be flat with no windows or arches (see guide). If your house has an arrow pointing into it, that means there is a 2 wide wall marked and you need to use the wall on the other house's side. Destroy the marked wall on your side. If it is pointing away, you can just follow the markings. These walls should also be flat with no arches or windows. Ask the designer running the job if this is unclear.

Mpt8OP1.jpg

GMb4kHm.jpg

jEo2FWF.jpg

Step 1: Once you have found a house you would like to build, plan out the house with the pillars and arches. The house should be two floors tall. Be sure to think about whether or not you want an "extension," as in my example house. The arches should be around 3 or 4 blocks high. Only use 2 or 3 block wide arches. If you follow the outlines, you will be fine.

twpOPiV.jpg

Step 2: Fill in the walls. The first floor should be cobblestone. For the second floor, choose between light gray stained clay, white stained clay, gray stained clay, or green stained clay. For this, look at the houses around you. If there's a lot of one color, don't choose
that one. If there's none of one color, choose that one. If there are walls that are shared with another house, those should be flat
(see left wall on example below).

Wk6V8oA.jpg

Step 3: Add details to transition between first floor and second floor, and second floor and roof. This is pretty simple, just be sure that it
looks good :)

txQoncC.jpg

Step 4: Build the roof . Think about overhangs on any sides. Usually you should have at least one overhang. You can also have
sandstone edges on the roof, as in the example. For the shingles, choose from jungle planks, acacia planks, dark oak planks, or spruce planks. The roof should be made of slabs, not stairs.

R28cOoo.jpg

Step 5: Add the door and windows. There should be no windows in 2 block wide arches. Next, build the interior. The first floor's floor
should be made out of birch planks, oak planks, diamond ore, mossy stone bricks (that's the item name), and stone bricks
(also the item name). If it's over the water, leave only do a wood floor. The walls should also have diamond ore and mossy stone bricks splattered into them. The second floor's
floor should be made of birch planks and oak planks. The second floor's ceiling should also be made of birch and oak planks. No stone on the second level.

SA5NuuS.png

SKwpQ3b.png

uCeOwvV.jpg

Aaannndd...you're done! If you followed this guide correctly, you should have a nice poor house to be used in the magnificent city of Pelargir.

If you have any questions, ask the designer running the job (chances are it will be @Will_em) or any of the project staff (@me, @wodleth, or @Credoo) if any of us are on.

Attachments

• Mpt8OP1.jpg
    Mpt8OP1.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 369
  • GMb4kHm.jpg
    GMb4kHm.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 388
  • jEo2FWF.jpg
    jEo2FWF.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 399
  • Wk6V8oA.jpg
    Wk6V8oA.jpg