• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Pelargir - Garth of Royal Ships

We dont build fireplaces in the houses, because they live in a warm climate. If you are thinking about the furnaces, there should be open spaces that allow air to flow through the house
...and that is why you should never trust me with house construction in real life. I might give a home in Florida wood fireplaces in every room.......

We dont build fireplaces in the houses, because they live in a warm climate. If you are thinking about the furnaces, there should be open spaces that allow air to flow through the house
But the smoke would still be contained in the house? It is wood burning after all and would thereby create smoke which would:
a) kill the inhabitants
b) get all up in the ceilings/walls and discolor everything to black
c) everyone would die

There should only be furnaces in the rich houses, based off of this, because they have open windows (no glass). Besides, if you have good dry wood you don't have a whole lot of smoke. Especially in an oven, where you really only need coals.

Holy crap this is popping up almost overnight.

(Quick semi-related question: is the Harithilien village just south across the Anduin meant to be only half-ruined, or did it just never get finished?)

Is it meant to be only half-ruined, or did it just never get finished?

It might be possible that there's a rangercamp/guardpost sorta thing each of the viallage, right behind the next hill, watching over it. In that case it would be meant to be half-ruined. Not sure though :)

I was wondering about the colored blocks bordering the windows in most of the houses, I thought it was supposed to be colorful sandstone,
but I am not sure now. Can someone enlighten me, please?

Just as every main course needs a sider. Projects like these could use a sider as well, just for funsies.
So when Mr. Credoo was lining out another palace with wool, he got quite good at that, i.e. pink palace, I decided it was time to show the world a timelapse not really of how this goes.

So, if you want to keep up with the latest gossip about the henceforth-called "Royal Island" in Pelargir, be sure to stalk me and especially my imgur account, and even more specific, this album:

Hope you like it.
Don't steal his sacred way of building, plebs.

Greetings,

Beeet

so @ardelenia and I were discussing things that could be added to MCME and then it occured to us: there are no universities in any middle earth city. This seems historically improbable, and i feel like a university would make a great addition to a city. Pelargir seems an ideal location. Its a center of trade, so many types of people would come through there. Its got plenty of room, and its still being planned out. Its lacking in places of interest atm, and a university would be a really cool addition. so yeah. Thoughts?

so @ardelenia and I were discussing things that could be added to MCME and then it occured to us: there are no universities in any middle earth city. This seems historically improbable, and i feel like a university would make a great addition to a city. Pelargir seems an ideal location. Its a center of trade, so many types of people would come through there. Its got plenty of room, and its still being planned out. Its lacking in places of interest atm, and a university would be a really cool addition. so yeah. Thoughts?
Could we have a thumb-screwer in the detention room please?