• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Server ideas/wishful talk

So I was thinking:
leaf blocks are hard to texture for fruit right?
so, what if we retextured cocoa pods to look like fruit! now, of course they can only be placed on jungle wood...
but, theres a plugin called spout which should let you place them on anything.

Just a suggestiong :p

More ideas:

• Stone giants in the Misty Mountains
  • Thorin's tomb with some representation of the Arkenstone
  • Samug's skeleton littered with gold
  • Ruins of old Esgaroth
  • Elven barrel-collecting stations along the Forest River

I'm pretty sure we're doing the ruins of the fort (i dont remember if it had a name) on himring, right?
Also, it wouldn't be in the correct location but i think it would be cool to have the top of meneltarma poking out of the water in the far sw corner of the map

I'm pretty sure we're doing the ruins of the fort (i dont remember if it had a name) on himring, right?
Also, it wouldn't be in the correct location but i think it would be cool to have the top of meneltarma poking out of the water in the far sw corner of the map

Yeah It was a hill called Himring but after the sinking of Beleriand it became an island known as Himling. The fort would be cool.

Is there any possibility of this happening? This would be sick.

1000px-Forodwaith.JPG

Is there any possibility of this happening? This would be sick.

1000px-Forodwaith.JPG
I'm by no means a lore expert, so I don't know if that's even accurate to 3rd age middle earth. However, if it is accurate, a new map could be made and stitched onto the current one. This would be a pretty excessive amount of work for some mountains and undersea ruins, though, so it probably wouldn't be done anyway.

Although I do agree that that would be epic, and I'd help if it was done:D

I'm by no means a lore expert, so I don't know if that's even accurate to 3rd age middle earth. However, if it is accurate, a new map could be made and stitched onto the current one. This would be a pretty excessive amount of work for some mountains and undersea ruins, though, so it probably wouldn't be done anyway.

Although I do agree that that would be epic, and I'd help if it was done:D

As do I. It looks like there are some actual Lossoth cities. That's interesting.

Yeah I found an extended image. Looks pretty lore-inaccurate but cool.
I know these maps are wildly inaccurate, but they're amazing. Check out lindefirion.net for more of these. Some of them can be used as a basis for cities in middle earth like this: http://lindefirion.net/maps/Pelargir1665.jpg

1355665974068.jpg

Last edited: