• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Server ideas/wishful talk

Ruins don't go away as fast as you think. On non-middle Earth we have Egyptian ruins, Greek, Roman, etc. much older than that. We have FOOTPRINTS that are hundreds of millions of years old.

SO ...
Egyptian ruins were in the perfect place to be very well conserved. Indeed, they were near the Nil river and they slowly got cover by the regular spate of the river, which brings sediments and others sand particles. In the other case, buildings were in the desert so they simply get covered by sand, thanks to the wind. Moreover, the Prehistory only began like 3000 years before our era : so we're far from the 6000 years Himring stayed desert !
Roman and Greek ruins are, for the oldest one, only around the V or VIth century before our era.

Footprints are a special case : the ground need to be wet/loose, like in a marsh or near a river. To be conserved, they need to be quickly covered by sediments before they disappear. It's impossible to compare Footprints and man made buildings.

And finally, Himring had very bad preservation conditions :
-an earthquake because of the Fall of Thangorodrim, and it should be stronger than any earthquake that we ever had on earth
-and surely a megatsunami due to the earthquake

Most likely.....it is quite a large area and some significant structures exist there (e.g. Erebor, Doo Guldur)

I agree. It will have to be very diverse. The gleaming streets of Dale and Erebor will content with the dimness of Mirkwood and the eerines of Dol Guldur, the elven elements (Mirkwood), not to mention the Rohan-like rusticity of Esgaroth.

SO ...
Egyptian ruins were in the perfect place to be very well conserved. Indeed, they were near the Nil river and they slowly got cover by the regular spate of the river, which brings sediments and others sand particles. In the other case, buildings were in the desert so they simply get covered by sand, thanks to the wind. Moreover, the Prehistory only began like 3000 years before our era : so we're far from the 6000 years Himring stayed desert !
Roman and Greek ruins are, for the oldest one, only around the V or VIth century before our era.

Footprints are a special case : the ground need to be wet/loose, like in a marsh or near a river. To be conserved, they need to be quickly covered by sediments before they disappear. It's impossible to compare Footprints and man made buildings.

And finally, Himring had very bad preservation conditions :
-an earthquake because of the Fall of Thangorodrim, and it should be stronger than any earthquake that we ever had on earth
-and surely a megatsunami due to the earthquake

I must agree with you there, however...
Take the megalithic monument/chamber of Barnenez, in coastal France, considered the oldest Neolithic monument ever discovered. Carbon dating proved it to be built around 4850 BC. That's nearly 7,000 years. It survived, in nearly pristine condition if I may add, of sea storms and saline-laden sea winds. Other examples may be seen around earth, such as Peru's five and a half thousand year old stone plaza Sechin Bajo, which has survived millenia of seismic activity. Earthquakes in this area have wiped out entire civilizations in this area, such as residents of the Supe Valley, who lost their flourishing civilization due to an earthquake about 3500 BC, yet their crown jewel city did not simply dissolve. Livable? Of course not. But evident? Majorly so. Said city, Caral, is still relatively pristine in an archaeological sense. And facts aside, can we not take some poetic liberties here? This, you must consider, is no work of cavemen, but work of the Noldor, the children of Eru, who in Tolkien's words "still had the light of Aman in their eyes."

To add on to this point, there are a set of seemingly man-made monuments off the coast of Japan called the Yonaguni Monument, which would date to a time when that area was above ground. This would mean that these would have survived 9-10,000 years of being submerged in saltwater.

I'm with uzbek, if we have a "not so ruined" ost just for the looks (im cool with that), we can have some ruins at Himring. I think it would be a beautiful remembrance from Beleriand. Also there are this remaining ruines on earth that Uzbek listed, so i think we can justify building something there.

Since we're kinda talking about Beleriand here, why not make a Beleriand server in the not-so-near future? Sure, there is small information compared to Middle Earth, but there is a comparatively large amount. It would be creative, open to interpretation. Certainly more viable than Aman.

Since we're kinda talking about Beleriand here, why not make a Beleriand server in the not-so-near future? Sure, there is small information compared to Middle Earth, but there is a comparatively large amount. It would be creative, open to interpretation. Certainly more viable than Aman.
That's a possibility, and has been discussed many times before. The thing is, that time is so far in the future that nobody has any idea what they'll want to build then.

Building Beleriand would be lots of fun, though:p

Wow I was not aware of this. Maybe this is a bigger possibility than I thought.

@spike010 Yes but not a pressure plate, just a block area. Is extending the map so far viable?