• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

I grew up in Longmont, a town of around 100,000 people about 45 minutes north of Denver, the capital of Colorado.
snow-covered-mountain-in-longmont-co.jpg
blog_Downtown-Longmont.jpg

Now I attend the University of Colorado in Boulder which is about 20 miles southwest of where I grew up.
background.jpg
l4Hmg.jpg
Downtown_Boulder.jpg

Colorado11.jpg
colorado.jpe
4280266430_f5a5279dfe_z.jpg

Well, I live in a city named Gouda in the Netherlands for the ones that didn't know me yet ;)
we have cheese, and really good sirup waffles
bg_cached_resized_19b48e2bb804a3a1ab6f2ff22d8473d9.jpg
Stroopwafels_01.jpg
apparently we have a special building in the middle of the city
Taxi%20Direct%20Stadhuisgouda(1).jpg
and we have random bicycles.....
fietsen-parkeer-anp-amsterdam_0.jpg
well, that's about everything about my city :3

Last edited:
Born in a city which has unfortunately gone past it's heights lateley.
There's this weird thing close to my house, which is called "the safe". I kid you not they named the whole neighbourhood after it.

And some woodlands

My city grew massively in the 50's to 60's thanks to a huge load of coal hidden underground and the mine was one of the most modern ones at the time it was built. My grandpa came all this way south from Friesland to work here, which gives me my out-of-place lastname.

Went to highschool in the oldest city of the Netherlands. First celtic settlement was around 500 b.c.
The beautifull city of Maastricht.

Currently going to University in the city of Eindhoven.

Fortunately our faculty has the damn ugliest building on campus.

Could you try to reupload your images?
Can't see any of them.

I live in the small village Ramelsloh with only 1746 people near Hamburg in Germany.

Wappen_Ramelsloh.png
2938809.jpg
20120602094734-404836b5.jpg
Kirche_Header.jpg
2845253.jpg
There are still some people who like to make pictures of trains:
HEC241001Ramelsloh1p070608.jpg
We also have a special race of chickens, the Ramelsloher "Bluelegs":
375px-Ramelsloher.jpg
We have direct connection to the big city Hamburg.
hamburg.jpg
There is also nearby a place called "Lüneburger Heide" with a beautiful landscape.
619568_original_r_k_b_by_manfred_schuetze_pixelio.de_.jpg

wilsederbergcluneburgerheidegmbh.jpg

lueneburger_heide_bluehend.jpg
I like it to live here, because it's so quick and peaceful.

Last edited:
Okay, so let's get serious now. :D I live in Poland, in a city called Legionowo. It is a medium sized city near our capital, Warsaw. We don't have any points of interest, we don't even have a proper shopping center or cinema or even KFC. This is our city hall, which is quite modern. It was built 4-5 years ago I think.
ratusz-legionowa.jpg

This is our indoor sports arena, where handball guys and volleyball girls are playing their matches in top polish divisions.
Arena_Legionowo.jpg

McDonald's. Every city needs a McDonald's, right? Fun fact: I only have to cross a street to get there, so during winter I can go out just dressed in shorts and a t-shirt.
McDonalds-Legionowo.jpg

And this is our municipal stadium. Our football/soccer team plays here in 3rd polish division. Another fun fact: Greek National Team did train here during Euro 2012 and they were passing my house when they had to get there. Also most of 1st polish division teams who are set to play a match against Legia in Warsaw do train here as well, which is cool, cause you can watch top stars from our football league. We also gather there to drink alcohol, because this is the only place where police can't drive in with their van, so we can run from them and avoid paying a fine for drinking in public. So it's a place of social gatherings and sports competition. Oh and I also play football/soccer with my friends there too. :D
61225_a.jpg

Allright, since i'll be gone again tomorrow, and maybe most of u still dont know what that "going to the jungle" means, i'll show u where i live atm. ;)

So as said in the going away thread months ago, im at the german-czech border. There i work in the bavarian/bohemian forest, also called the "green roof of europe" because it is the largest protected forest area in central europe.

t-im-Nationalpark-Sumava_Uralte-Kulturlandschaft-inmitten-des-B%C3%B6hmerwalds_%C2%A9-B.-Fischer.jpg

For it beeing under nature reserve in most parts it inhabitats rare animals, that are nearly extinct in most parts of europe. Like wolves, bobcats, brown bears or elks.

luchs-1.jpg

Also we have lot of low mountains (highest is barley 1500m), moors and other untouched nature.

aussicht_arber_mf.jpg

There i live and work in a kind of youth hostel. School-classes, Universitys or courses from "VoluntarySocialYear-providers" (dont know what exactly it is in enlish...sry) come there for a week or so. We (the team) then work with outdoor and experimental education, where they can train teamwork and respect for each other and stuff... :cool:

So we have climbing things, like this rope-bridge that the pupils/students have to build themselfs as a team.
seilueberquerung.jpg

Or we have little challanges where they have to be creativ, openminded and look for each other.
Here they "just" have to put the stick to the ground without anyone loosing contact. (Its harder then it sounds ;))
bw_stabmeditation.jpg

Of course we also do a lot of hiking in this beautiful nature. :)
bayerischer-wald-01.jpg

(That house there is the youth-hostel-thing btw :D and the hill on the left side allready belongs to the czech republic)

So thats where i still will be till end of august.
And yeah, since its so close to the border and distant to any bigger town -> no mobile internet, and only slow cable :(:p