• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

I just saw this post, so I'm going to write about my city.

I live in Madrid, which is the capital city of Spain. It is a city with a lot of history and monuments, and also is quite big, with more than 3 million inhabitants (6 with the metro zone).

I'm going to put some images of it

157366d1325752044-palacio-de-correos-2-madrid-madridnight_053.jpg

Plaza_Mayor_de_Madrid_02.jpg
palacio1.jpg

gran_via_7406_630x.jpg
dscn1988.jpg
Cuatro_Torres_Business_Area.JPG

Might as well, you guys deserve to see the glorious sceneries of Norway!
I Live in the South-Western (Best) part of the country, in a region called Rogaland. The biggest city of the reagion is Stavanger (AKA the Oil Capital), about 45 km from my home village, though I recently moved to Stavanger to go to Uni.
8f0313_4fb4ee660f2f4ac49c24e2f1a91c42c2.jpg

Rogaland has the oldest historiy in Norway, home to the first Norwegians, and played an important role all the way from the bronze age to the viking age. It was in this reagion Harald Fairhair unified Norway to one kingdom at the battle of Hafrsfjord in year 872.
img_670gd5.jpg

Rogaland is often called "Norway in Miniature" because it has a bit of everything.
The flat farmlands of Jæren sort of resamble the Danish landscapes with long beaches, windmills and cultivated croplands.

edit-dsc_0706.edit.1314019160197.jpg
jaeren%20borestranden%2001.jpg

And just a few kilometers east lies the tall mountans, and the deep fjords of Ryfylke, home to the infamous "Preikestolen" or "Pulpit Rock"
qprfatfzkf.jpg

And "Kjeragbolten", A rock stuck between to cliffs, hanging above the fjord at a hight of almost 1000m. (I've been standing on it myself, never again...)
kjeragbolten_ovenifra.jpg

So that's my home, couldn't ask for a better place to live!

Might as well, you guys deserve to see the glorious sceneries of Norway!
I Live in the South-Western (Best) part of the country, in a region called Rogaland. The biggest city of the reagion is Stavanger (AKA the Oil Capital), about 45 km from my home village, though I recently moved to Stavanger to go to Uni.

Rogaland has the oldest historiy in Norway, home to the first Norwegians, and played an important role all the way from the bronze age to the viking age. It was in this reagion Harald Fairhair unified Norway to one kingdom at the battle of Hafrsfjord in year 872.

Rogaland is often called "Norway in Miniature" because it has a bit of everything.
The flat farmlands of Jæren sort of resamble the Danish landscapes with long beaches, windmills and cultivated croplands.

And just a few kilometers east lies the tall mountans, and the deep fjords of Ryfylke, home to the infamous "Preikestolen" or "Pulpit Rock"

And "Kjeragbolten", A rock stuck between to cliffs, hanging above the fjord at a hight of almost 1000m. (I've been standing on it myself, never again...)

So that's my home, couldn't ask for a better place to live!

You were on that rock!? I don't think you could pay me any amount of money to go and sit on it (exaggeration, I'd do it for like, a hundred bucks)

Okay, time to ramp this thread up.

Most of you know that I live in the deadly hell hole they call, Australia. While yes, most of the country looks like this…
qld6120067simpson_(2).jpg

I live in the part that looks like this…

glasshouse-mountains-at-sunset.jpg

My small town is at the base of the mountains of the left. These are the Glasshouse mountains, names by Captain James Cook, who was the first recorded person to navigate the East coast of the country in 1770.

Given the spectacular views, the region is home to the country’s most famous and thriving wedding industry. Almost my entire family is involved one way or another in the industry. I have a causal job hosting weddings at a world class reception venue.

Maleny-Manor-Wedding-Photographer-Playback-Studios_0057.jpg

The East coast of Australia is filled with lush rainforest home to an array of wildlife, many of which can kill you. Just yesterday, I had one of the most venomous snakes in the world slither past my office window; will admit 5/7 scared.

Red-bellied-Black-snake(1).jpg

Through my professional work (not the wedding job) I get to see lots of really cool places. In short, I work in collections management and exhibition design/curation in 3 different museums in the state. The largest being the Queensland Museum in Brisbane, which is the most visited museum in Australia as of last year.

Queensland_Museum-Sciencentre.JPG

My main job though is at a smaller museum north of the city in a rural town. Although small, the museum hosts the largest historical festival in the southern hemisphere, with over 30,000 people attending over 2 days.

782028-knights-slug-it-out-on-the-castle-arena-at-the-2012-abby-medieval-tournamen.jpg

If you guys are interest in the work I do, I’ll save that for another thread about jobs and such. Hope you enjoyed looking at my beautiful country.

I'm living in a city called Wetzikon in the canton of Zürich, Switzerland. In my city there live 24300 People.
S6kes4U.jpg

As Finrod say the next bigger city is Zürich and Rapperswil.
I do not go as Finrod at the ETH I go to a trade school.
JH8zHOj.jpg

Here is Crans Montana a very beautiful place in Switzerland.
d6rjU6L.jpg

Than here is the city where i grow up.
wlC9jgC.jpg

And we also have a Middle Earth museum in Greisinger.
cGc4va7.jpg

And the typical swiss Fondue :)
zfxEubM.jpg

I live in a small town in New Hampshire in the US.

We have these cool mountains in the north that we ski at and cliffs remeniscent of mcme:

Last edited:
Alright, I think its time for make a Post here aswell.

I live in Germany, next to the home of the car, Stuttgart. But my hometown, Ostfildern, is probably not very special, its a newly build town with quite modern houses tho. It does consist of multiple smaller towns connected so some do have an Medival City center.
ostfildern-1.jpg
540_2010_1040.JPG

10min of a drive from my home and you find yourself in the Beauty that is the city Esslingen. It's what you would call a classical German Medival City, with Wall, Castle and everything.
Esslingen-skyline-view1.jpg

filename-018-jpg-thumbnail0.jpg

esslinger-burg.jpg

This town also organises a big medival Christmas market every year, so perfect place to get drunk.
Mittelaltertor_DSC_0044.jpg

20 Minutes from my hometown and you reach the Capital of the "Bundesland" Baden-Würtemberg. The City of Stuttgart. It also features a Castle, a massive Shopping Street, and some other fine details.

Stuttgart_Fotolia_druckf%C3%A4hig.jpg
Mercedes-Benz-Arena_Stuttgart.JPG
And even tho the "Wiesen" is probably more famous around the Globe, it's also home of the Oktoberfest, another great place to get drunk.
Cannstatter-Volksfest.jpg
3rxt5521.jpg

And well also this obviously.
Porsche-Museum_in_summer.JPG
porsche-normal.jpg

In terms of Nature you can find mostly small Mountains and Hills here. One such Mountainrange is the Schwäbische Alb. It features countless little Castles and small towns.
Oberes-Donautal-mit-Eichfelsen-1.jpg
Schloss_Lichtenstein_04-2010.jpg
23465_Burg_Hohenzollern.jpeg

So ye nothing spectacular really, but hope you guys enjoyed that little overview.

I live in the bare lands of the Midwest. There are cows. Cows everywhere

IMG_0333.JPG

I live in Tornado alley where I almost learn to fly every two weeks. But the aftermath looks kinda pretty.

IMG_2840.JPG

View attachment 9295

This is the South side of my state... no comment

IMG_0335.JPG

My state also embarrasses themselves by wearing corn hats to football games. REPUTATION!

IMG_0336.JPG

I also have no friends, except my 92 stuffed animals.

image.jpg

So that’s my state...

Last edited:
IMPORTANT:
Please use the spoiler-function to hide your pictures.
Also try not to use more then 5 pictures.
After all you still shoulb be able to read this post without insane scrolling! :D

We have Threads for dekstopbackgrounds, the PC-Setup, RL-Pictures and all that stuff.
But as i just saw Walpole posting this...

...i thought it would be interessting to see, where everybody lives or comes from. :)

So I'll start:
I grew up in the "Allgäu" (which is in Bavaria/Germany, right at the border of the alps).
It looks kinda like the Shire mixed with mountains, so its pretty nice.

And we have a lot of cows here.
Once a german poet said "The Allgäu beginns, where the cows are more beautiful than the girls." :p
We loves theses animals!

There is this deep called "Breitach-klamm".
Its a pretty nice hike to go through and its kind of famous in the region.

And here we have my favorite mountain, which I absolutly love for its special look.
Only 30 minutes by car, so im out there quite regulary.
Its where i am in the picture in the RL-pictures-thread.

Oh ya... and we have this of course! (which u might know ;))

So show me where you live. Im really curious! :)
Geez that place looks AMAZING

I think this counts. I lived in the state of Wyoming this past Summer for a month and I just looked back at my pictures and wanted to share some:
IMG_1835.JPG
This was a picture from Grand Teton National Park after dinner around 7:00 or 19:00 for you Brits

IMG_1834.JPG
This picture was after a huge rain storm and this double, almost a triple, rainbow appeared

IMG_1833.JPG
This is my personal favorite picture. This was taken at the top of Rendezvous Mountain. I usually ski here, but it's not the winter yet

IMG_1832.JPG
The last picture is of Snow King Mountain. This was taken while I was doing a rope corse and a lightning storm was about to roll in

Time to revive this thread. I was born in and grew up till my 6th in Sri Lanka (with a 2-year interval in Pakistan), for my dad's job as a manager for a charity organization that rebuilt cheap housing after the 2003 tsunami.
Sri Lanka is basically a vague fairy-tale memory for me. Lots of tea, elephants and garden snakes.
a8238c82-5a42-4503-a30a-ea271e80f24b_photoalbum390170_03454434481447819_1515857272094

Now I've lived in the Netherlands, near Rotterdam, for more than 10 years. I think the city won a price as best city of the world, from Lonely Planet. The architecture is indeed striking, thanks to the ancestors of our German neighbors who bombed our city center in 1940, which gave way to modern architecture.

As I mentioned, I live near Rotterdam. On the other side of my town, the Green Heart starts, which is basically a huge Central Park with cows, mills and ditches. Great area to cycle on a Saturday morning.
1455956310-het20groene20hart20zoals20we20dit20allemaal20graag20zien20foto20hans20roest.jpg

Time to revive this thread. I was born in and grew up till my 6th in Sri Lanka (with a 2-year interval in Pakistan), for my dad's job as a manager for a charity organization that rebuilt cheap housing after the 2003 tsunami.
Sri Lanka is basically a vague fairy-tale memory for me. Lots of tea, elephants and garden snakes.
a8238c82-5a42-4503-a30a-ea271e80f24b_photoalbum390170_03454434481447819_1515857272094

Now I've lived in the Netherlands, near Rotterdam, for more than 10 years. I think the city won a price as best city of the world, from Lonely Planet. The architecture is indeed striking, thanks to the ancestors of our German neighbors who bombed our city center in 1940, which gave way to modern architecture.

As I mentioned, I live near Rotterdam. On the other side of my town, the Green Heart starts, which is basically a huge Central Park with cows, mills and ditches. Great area to cycle on a Saturday morning.
1455956310-het20groene20hart20zoals20we20dit20allemaal20graag20zien20foto20hans20roest.jpg
Rotterdam is amazing