• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled Shredz7 MCME Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Shredz,
Thank you for your update. It's completely fine to make your very own interpretation.

My main issue with your Seat of Seeing is the material. You used only cobblestone. First this is not a sufficiently stable material to build such a structure. Second using only one main materials for a build looks too uniform and boring. You could try to make the main support structure (pillars and arches) made of stone bricks.
I like your path and the trees, but the whole scene lacks small details like grass, maybe some bushes or small trees. You could also try some fallen trees and rocks. Not sure if you have such as you didn't post any overview screenshots. One from each side would be nice.
Don't hesitate to add/replace screenshots of your improved themed-builds. You got a lot of feedback and it would be very interesting how you can handle that.

Keep going and good luck!

Hey Shredz,
Thank you for your update. It's completely fine to make your very own interpretation.

My main issue with your Seat of Seeing is the material. You used only cobblestone. First this is not a sufficiently stable material to build such a structure. Second using only one main materials for a build looks too uniform and boring. You could try to make the main support structure (pillars and arches) made of stone bricks.
I like your path and the trees, but the whole scene lacks small details like grass, maybe some bushes or small trees. You could also try some fallen trees and rocks. Not sure if you have such as you didn't post any overview screenshots. One from each side would be nice.
Don't hesitate to add/replace screenshots of your improved themed-builds. You got a lot of feedback and it would be very interesting how you can handle that.

Keep going and good luck!
I'd like to kindly disagree with you here Eriol. As he built a pine forest there wouldn't be that much ground foliage like tall grass and bushes as pines often have so dense branchage that they blocks out most of the sunlight from reaching the ground.
Although.. I suppose his forest isn't too to dense so I guess there's potential for some few tall grasses and bushes to grow there.

As for fallen trees there'd definitely be some considering that Amon Hen is located atop a tall hill next to a massive cliff and thus it would most likely be very windy up there.

Last edited:
The problem with realism is that real world is so incredibly diversive. I have been in full grown pine forests with the floor fully covered with long grass and other with not a tiny bit of green at the ground. It depends on the density of the trees very much. As @ryttyr said your forest, @Shredz7, is not dense thus I think there should be long grass especially as you use grass blocks for the ground. Grass blocks without any long grass on top are mostly looking weird, for a freshly mowed lawn it could do, but at very few other places.

You could also decide that the ground is quite rocky and dry (pines can grow under such conditions) and thus place no long grass, but in that case you should replace the grass blocks too.

Your application is being removed off the watchlist due to inactivity.

Shredz, we discussed this in-game but just as a reminder, please update your applications if you are still interessted. :D

Just as a note: Shred has done many trees for me and proved to be quicklearning, eager to help and even able to teach other droogs to build trees. Also it is easy to communicate with him and he is pretty active, I'm sure he'll be more active once he has acquired the artist rank.

I wouldn't doubt that and that is why I am putting this application back on the watchlist to be discussed by the Artist Community. You will receive your Artist Challenge shortly!

Shredz are you still active and willing to do the challenge?

Your application is being removed off the watchlist due to inactivity.

This application has been denied due to no update or improvement to what was previously said by one of our designers. Please contact me directly if you feel you want to pursue this again.

This thread has been requested to be reopened from its creator. Good luck Shredz

Your artist application is now under Watchlist, congratulations, you will be contacted by the Lead Builders on what you must do for your final challenge. Congrats @Shredz7 !

- I like your tree work, however, those interiors for the Pelargir houses could have used a lot more planning and work. Also, the exterior lacked a bit in skill.

Yes, I wasn’t really focusing on the interiors for the Pelargir houses; I’ll keep working to improve them. What could I do to improve on the exterior? Thanks for putting me on the watchlist!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.