• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Texture Suggestions

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Supporter
Credits
XP
This thread is designed for people (namely those building) to make suggestions as to what resources they require and where. Please follow the format below in the comments! If you wish to submit a texture please follow the guidelines in the other post and make a new thread in design.

Keep in mind that all submissions are required to be in style and textures should not replace any major blocks. Current texture priorities are recorded here.

Filename:
Resource Pack and Location:
Texture Description:
Reference Images:

Last edited by a moderator:
Filename: stone_granite
Resource Pack and Location: Gondor Resourcepack, to be used in southern gondor houses/details
Texture Description: Red bricks often used in houses and walls
Reference Images:
00014___cracked_bricks_and_mortar_by_emstock-d4hysok.jpg

Filename: stone_granite
Resource Pack and Location: Gondor Resourcepack, to be used in southern gondor houses/details
Texture Description: Red bricks often used in houses and walls
Reference Images:
00014___cracked_bricks_and_mortar_by_emstock-d4hysok.jpg
Wod I was just wondering if u still need this texture if so, I could give it a go

Filename: red_sandstone_normal
Resource Pack and Location: Gondor, at Umbar
Texture Discription: Bricks for houses at Umbar
148891984-remains-of-ancient-roman-aqueduct-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed that the iron door of the Gondor pack doesn't have a top texture despite having a bottom one. It would be nice if the latter was copied as top texture :) .

Edit: After verification, this only happens when the door isn't placed on a full cubic block. I suppose it's impossible to fix :( .

Last edited:
I tried to change the to get the color from the picture, but it's quite difficult. Here is my best result:
full

When I use a brighter color the result is quite grey. If you want to try yourself, you have to edit the \.minecraft\resourcepacks\Eriador\assets\minecraft\textures\colormap\foliage.png.
This is my best version:
full
s

I once achieved it but for the wrong biome. Yeah that is pink but not bright enough.

Filename: acacia_planks
Resource Pack and Location: Eriador, Mt. Gram
Texture Description: an Iron-ish texture to use for ballista's, torture machines etc.
Reference Images:
stock-photo-medieval-iron-door-damaged-during-battle-3101788.jpg

Filename: quartz
Resource Pack: Eriador
Texture Description: some white stone bricks, probably taken from gondor, with varients in the clays.
Reference Image:
depositphotos_33384331-white-stone-bricks-wall.jpg

Filename:
red_sandstone
Texture Description: bricks, regular bricks
Reference Image:
Concrete_wall.jpg

Filename: acacia_wood
Texture Description: thatch or hay for roofs, can be taken from Rohan.
Reference Image:
18048160-Thatched-roof-of-a-cottage-in-the-country--Stock-Photo-roof-straw-thatch.jpg

Last edited:
Updated door icons for all packs (note: I can try to do these myself but not for a few weeks)

Moria RP Idea:

I do not know if it is possible, but if we could make a day/night texture that blends with the interior of Moria would be rather cool. Instead of having the whole day/night cycle showing up in the unrendered chunks. I think, if it be possible, it would be more immersive.

Moria RP Idea:

I do not know if it is possible, but if we could make a day/night texture that blends with the interior of Moria would be rather cool. Instead of having the whole day/night cycle showing up in the unrendered chunks. I think, if it be possible, it would be more immersive.

Ye, or we could just disable the cycle and keep it night. That would be far less work.