• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Texture Suggestions

Filename: acacia_planks
Resource Pack and Location: Eriador, Mt. Gram
Texture Description: an Iron-ish texture to use for ballista's, torture machines etc.
Reference Images:
View attachment 1372
I managed to copy the pattern of the image as closer as I could, although it still need changes (connected textures, possible smoothing etc.).
Please give me some tips, guys!
obXMCNZ.png
The block:
wY9oIHI.png
and a balista base example:

dCNblGr.png

Very nice texture, like it a lot! What I would still do though is make it darker, as you can guess from thijs' image it's a pretty dark grey that just looks brighter because of the reflecting light, a darker texture would also make it more distinguishable from the cobble (it currently looks a lot like stone instead of metal). What I'd do is simply overlay the texture with a layer of black color at abour 20% transparency.

I got some pack of next textures for acacia, dark oak, all prismarine and quartz blocks and some other black magic stuff. But for that i need to convert them from my 32 pack to 16 pack :). All for eriador.

With the update of the server to 1.9 on the horizon, I think we could use the purpur blocks as more stone brick textures, or maybe detail blocks, like the Gondor textures for Diorite and the sort.

Very nice texture, like it a lot! What I would still do though is make it darker, as you can guess from thijs' image it's a pretty dark grey that just looks brighter because of the reflecting light, a darker texture would also make it more distinguishable from the cobble (it currently looks a lot like stone instead of metal). What I'd do is simply overlay the texture with a layer of black color at abour 20% transparency.
Sorry for the delay here's the new texture (it still looks stony though and I have no idea on how to fix that):
KvYb337.png

The fully grown cocoa bean is already a lamp, of a sort (in gondor pack). It could be better, maybe. But is it possible to voxel them onto blocks other than jungle logs? Otherwise, I don't think a lamp would be that effective a use for cocoa, especially since they produce no light (which we could remedy by placing them on glowstone, for example).

As to what we should use them for, I don't really know, but I would remind people that we can have three different things, of different sizes.

I kinda don't agree to using acacia as this one. We dont need stairsand slabs with it.

My suggestion: use nether quartz ore for it.

I have prepared 16x version of some of the textures from 32 packs. Blocks used: Dark oak, acacia, magenta glass pane, sponge, prismarine set, diorite, polished diorite, polished andesite, quartz, black carpet, white clay, different shape of fences.

Textures purpose: decorative (magenta glass pane, fences, fence gates), northern regions/town textures (prismarine), orc/angmar (dark oak), elven (acacia, quartz), floor (sponge), terrain (diorite, polished dio and ande, black carpet), new stone (white clay).

Also got some model files for it.

Screenshot:
Texture preview below, cus 20 images limit.

Incredible work Despot! I especially love the fences, the garland and that moss carpet, really hyped to see those incorporated in the builds :) Please share all the files so we can kick off some kinda discussion in which packs it would make most sense to use these! I know you made it from your 32x eriador pack, but some of these definitely can be used in other packs as well :)

So I had made a hobbit door texture before the BagEnd update and I thought I should just let you know (btw current door is very nice!:)). This one is tiny bit darker and bolder...

• I used command blocks and pressure plates to get on the inside or the outside!
R9G2tzX.png

• The door knob and the door blocks are separate blocks:
LdbSQVp.png
OHld666.png