• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Texture Suggestions

Here you go greg! Although I didn't quite understand what you want them for so I made 2, a stony one and a smoother one:
QP5D5Qv
ex4P3Az

Sorry for the inconvenience, the image seems broken for some reason. Tell me if I did something wrong.
The images aren't working

Here you go greg! Although I didn't quite understand what you want them for so I made 2, a stony one and a smoother one:
QP5D5Qv.jpg
ex4P3Az.jpg

Sorry for the inconvenience, the image seems broken for some reason. Tell me if I did something wrong.
You linked an imgur album as an image. You can do that, but you have to click "add media" instead of "add image."

Here are the fixed pictures (I also changed them in the quote above, so that's why they work there too):
QP5D5Qv.jpg

ex4P3Az.jpg

I am not sure whether that is possible. First of all, you can't apply a texture to the top side of a lower door half, it will always be transparent. With voxel (and thereby also with a plugin) it would be possible to place upper door halves, but it is not possible to change their orientation as that is synced with the lower half which doesnt exist (this ensures that when you open a door both halves move).

@Eriol any way we could force the oriantation of upper door halves nevertheless? #challengeaccepted?
The conquest rp has a texture for that door part

A few months ago I went to Sicily and I visited Stromboli which is a volcanic island off the coast of Sicily. Just before I went there I discovered that this volcano was the inspiration for Mount Doom. This is probably because that they are both constantly erupting, they are similar sizes, and because of this:
I think that this dried up lava flow should be on Mt. Doom so I think snow should be retextured as this and put into the Mordor RP (@bender400). This way we may be able to get a similar effect like the glaciers in the Misty Mountains but much steeper.

Also the other day I went to the beach and I saw lots of seaweed and I thought none of the beaches in Gondor have seaweed, so the could be a texture for it. I think that if it is made it should go on carpet (although I don't know which colour).
View media item 2218

A few months ago I went to Sicily and I visited Stromboli which is a volcanic island off the coast of Sicily. Just before I went there I discovered that this volcano was the inspiration for Mount Doom. This is probably because that they are both constantly erupting, they are similar sizes, and because of this:
I think that this dried up lava flow should be on Mt. Doom so I think snow should be retextured as this and put into the Mordor RP (@bender400). This way we may be able to get a similar effect like the glaciers in the Misty Mountains but much steeper.

Also the other day I went to the beach and I saw lots of seaweed and I thought none of the beaches in Gondor have seaweed, so the could be a texture for it. I think that if it is made it should go on carpet (although I don't know which colour).
View media item 2218

This has already been considered, and it was decided that simply having a full block as a lava flow texture would be good enough, and that it wasn't necessary to go the extra mile and use the glacier sort of style. We also thought that snow would be more useful as an "ash" texture, to sort of coat a lot of terrain all over mordor in.

I do think it would be awesome to do the glacier style except for flows, however, and have lava flowing out from beneath like how we have water coming out of glaciers, so perhaps a change of mind is in order, what do you think @Tyranystrasz ?

Maybe dark oak logs can be used for bound firewood. View attachment 6889
Tree variation is important. Down the line we should look at working on a new bark texture as forests can get monotomous otherwise.

That being said there is a purpur pillar block that could be used for kindling. I attempted a texture like this a while back and was unable to get a good result/I think at the time we were out of available blocks. Maybe the talented @Ma5terMinD can give it a whirl, else if someone else wants to try this I can test it and implement on Github

Just for the heck of it I decided to give fire wood a try.

KAr00yW.png

Edit: I modified it a little, and here is a screenshot without shader.

I made use of the purple pillar, as suggested (purpur_pillar.png / purpur_pillar_top.png

yfJgrPd.png

Last edited:
Looking good! Got a screenshot without shaders? Maybe add some slight shading towards the corner so it looks more roundish.

This has already been considered, and it was decided that simply having a full block as a lava flow texture would be good enough, and that it wasn't necessary to go the extra mile and use the glacier sort of style. We also thought that snow would be more useful as an "ash" texture, to sort of coat a lot of terrain all over mordor in.

I do think it would be awesome to do the glacier style except for flows, however, and have lava flowing out from beneath like how we have water coming out of glaciers, so perhaps a change of mind is in order, what do you think @Tyranystrasz ?
uhmm i'm not sure, i think lava (but i'm might be wrong) uses cracks of the terrain for flow out mostly.
Also for the Lava thing. Would be nice to have this ( a little more different from magma block, for having a better terrain ) And i think we should retexture a lttitle bit the lava texture. Add more Impurity in it (like small rocks etc) but maybe that can be done with lilypad.
maxresdefault.jpg

mQgZfAs.jpg

Here is the current version. As you can see, I've used the oak log texture for the sides, to keep the graphical integrity. I did this just to see how it is to make textures in MC as I have never done it before. Should you want to use it, let me know. =)

Edit: The color difference have been corrected, but didn't bother to upload another screenshot.

GdipdCL.png

Last edited:
Here is the current version. As you can see, I've used the oak log texture for the sides, to keep the graphical integrity. I did this just to see how it is to make textures in MC as I have never done it before. Should you want to use it, let me know. =)

Edit: The color difference have been corrected, but didn't bother to upload another screenshot.

View attachment 6895
I like this texture a lot! I'll check where and in which packs I can find a free spot for it - after all acacia and dark oak logs are anyway still free in most packs!

Wait, in Eriador, don't we have the upward facing firewood? If I am right and we do, could you either move that texture to the dark oak log or the purpur pillar so that we can put it sideways, or just get rid of it all together and use @Genwlinldal's texture on either the purpur pillar or the dark oak log, cause I am really not a fan of those conquest textures

I think Milarwen's looks a little like bamboo; greenish, roundish and no ending planks. Your first texture had a better color imo

I could agree, although two different plank textures (not only in hue but also in design) compliments each other,

Anyways. I'm open to make new textures suggestions for textures you consider you need.