• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Themed Build Ideas

-Tirion architecture
-esgaroth architecture
-Angband/Utumno/barad-dur (bad guy stronghold, as you will)
-Radagast's home
-Dol Guldur
-Cuiviénen (of course the artists interpretation of it)
-Goblin Town
-Durthang
-Udûn
-Numenórean Architecture

• Corsair Ships
  • Orc Camp
  • Skippers Canyon (I think this is a good tb for terrain editing and not just houses and stuff like that cause terrain doesnt get used alot by adventurers and commoners and well I think there needs to be some)

nargothrond - Similar to the structures of many underground Dwarven cities, Nargothrond consisted of many miles of caves and tunnels of various shapes and sizes carved through the rock, which was possibly limestone. There were three Great Halls centered around the other tunnels and caves, where the King of the city no doubt sat. The deepest of the caves was the Innermost Chamber where Glaurung later hoarded up the remaining treasures of Nargothrond and sat upon them until he left. Lúthien lived in a southwestern cave chamber during her stay there. The realms armouries were in several chambers south of the Great Halls. The main entrance through the Doors of Felagund to Nargothrond facing river Narog one came into a large chamber, which was about five-hundred feet from the Great Halls of Felagund.

(In Descending Order)
Gondolin (Preferably a somewhat large plot, possibly 200-300 blocks in width)
Moria Underworld
Mirkwood Bridge
Walls of the World
Forochel Village
Two Lamps
Two Trees
Rhun
Carn Dum
Dale (Preferably After Reconstruction)

That'd be massive, and generally extremely hard to complete certainly in the given timeframe of Themebuilds. Something like "Gondolin Houses" could work well though

As for the rest of them they seem pretty reasonable suggestions :)
Well, look at the Dol Guldur TB. Its plot was 160 blocks. 200 blocks is only slightly larger, but I'll admit that 300 is a lot. (Though you could technically argue that Geola's Tb, for example, still isn't nearly complete, and only fills up part of the DG plot.

Well, look at the Dol Guldur TB. Its plot was 160 blocks. 200 blocks is only slightly larger, but I'll admit that 300 is a lot. (Though you could technically argue that Geola's Tb, for example, still isn't nearly complete, and only fills up part of the DG plot.

Dol Guldur is as mentioned in the Hobbit "A stronghold", and as we later learn, of Sauron. The name meant Hill of Sorcery. It was initially known as "Amon Lanc" which meant bald hill. Although a settlement of the elves, it was only ever temporary. Also, due to its geology and it's position in Mirkwood, I doubt it would've been able to support a great city.

On the other hand, Gondolin in my opinion is a large city. Similar in size to Linhir, Calembel and maybe Pelargir. It's hidden nature meant it could grow exponentially in size, until it's peak just before its discovery. It was described as "magnificent" in The Silmarillion, which connotes to grandeur, thus inferring a large size.
These 3 images help me to understand what Gondolin would have been like:

768px-J.R.R._Tolkien_-_Gondolin_and_the_Vale_of_Tumladen_(Colored_by_H.E._Riddett).jpg

The above is a coloured version of an original sketch by Tolkien of the city. This depicts it to be on a flat rock, as the name suggests (Hidden Rock)

482px-Eric_Faure-Brac_-_Gondolin.jpg

The above hear is an interpretation by Eric Faure-Brac. It shows what in my opinion, Gondolin would have looked like on the inside.

600px-LorenzoCB_-_Gondolin_Map.jpg

Finally, the above here shows a coloured version of Karen Wynn-Forsted's Atlas of Middle Earth. It shows the structure of Gondolin internally.

In comparison, Gondolin would've been on the whole more large than Dol Guldur. Mainly because Dol Guldur was a castle and Gondolin was a city, but also because of reasons outlined above

Dol Guldur is as mentioned in the Hobbit "A stronghold", and as we later learn, of Sauron. The name meant Hill of Sorcery. It was initially known as "Amon Lanc" which meant bald hill. Although a settlement of the elves, it was only ever temporary. Also, due to its geology and it's position in Mirkwood, I doubt it would've been able to support a great city.

On the other hand, Gondolin in my opinion is a large city. Similar in size to Linhir, Calembel and maybe Pelargir. It's hidden nature meant it could grow exponentially in size, until it's peak just before its discovery. It was described as "magnificent" in The Silmarillion, which connotes to grandeur, thus inferring a large size.
These 3 images help me to understand what Gondolin would have been like:

View attachment 15327
The above is a coloured version of an original sketch by Tolkien of the city. This depicts it to be on a flat rock, as the name suggests (Hidden Rock)

View attachment 15326
The above hear is an interpretation by Eric Faure-Brac. It shows what in my opinion, Gondolin would have looked like on the inside.

View attachment 15328

Finally, the above here shows a coloured version of Karen Wynn-Forsted's Atlas of Middle Earth. It shows the structure of Gondolin internally.

In comparison, Gondolin would've been on the whole more large than Dol Guldur. Mainly because Dol Guldur was a castle and Gondolin was a city, but also because of reasons outlined above
Yes, I agree with you on that, but my point was not on the canon size of the 2 locations. If I were to follow that, I'd be asking for a 600 or so block plot. I was instead trying to make the point that people still try to build large projects (and oftentimes do), and that 200 blocks for a plot is only slightly larger than 150.

Yes, I agree with you on that, but my point was not on the canon size of the 2 locations. If I were to follow that, I'd be asking for a 600 or so block plot. I was instead trying to make the point that people still try to build large projects (and oftentimes do), and that 200 blocks for a plot is only slightly larger than 150.
You realise that 200 blocks equals a roughly 24 000 block increase in surface area compared to 150 blocks (in a square)?

You realise that 200 blocks equals a roughly 24 000 block increase in surface area compared to 150 blocks (in a square)?
It's a 17,500 blocks increase and not 24,000 blocks increase but still, that's a 78% increase in area from 150×150.