• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled TyGl20 Artist Application

TyGl20

Slab Fanatic
Credits
XP
Date: April 8, 2019
Jobs and Plotbuilds: Many sewer jobs in Dol Amroth, A few Moria house interiors, road detailing in Gondor, multiple vegetation on houses in Osgiliath.
Themed-builds: Anorien, Lake Town, Bree, Orc Hold, Black Gate, Ranger Camp
Additional Builds: A few projects on freebuild including a micro Erebor and a Corsair ship of Umbar. I am also building a kingdom on my personal map.
Your interests: Tolkien’s universe and Peter Jackson’s films (obviously), I play lots of other games in my free time, studying film, a huge fan of Star Wars and have been building in Minecraft since 2013.
Your motivation: Joining this server has been an amazing privilege. I am always blown away by the builds and would be honored to help make this server even better.

Now for my pictures
dol amroth sewer 1.png
dol amroth sewer 2.png
dol amroth sewer 3.png
Erebor 2.png
gondor farm.png
Moria Apt 2.png
Moria Apt.png
Moria Apt3.png
Moria house _ 5.png
Moria House _6.png
Moria House 1.png
Moria House 2.png
Moria House 3.png
Moria House 4.png
Moria House 5.png
Moria House 6.png
Moria House 7.png
Moria house.png
Moria house_ 2.png
Moria House_ 3.png
Moria House_ 4.png
Moria Store 1.png
Moria Store 2.png
Orc Hold.png
Osg house 2.png
Osg house 3.png
Osg house.png
Osgo 1.png

Attachments

• Osgo 2.png
    Osgo 2.png
    524.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Osgo road.png
    Osgo road.png
    785 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Hello @TyGl20, remember that to have an active artist application: keep on updating with pictures and descriptions on your main post, and then a reply ""UPDATE" to the thread. Even though we don't reply to every update we can see how you are growing and staying active in the community! Pretty clean application, however I feel you could go into more description into all parts. This artist application is being marked as in-progess. Good Luck!

P.S. dm me on discord to help you with those pictures, however if that doesn't work out; put the coordinates of the themebuilds so we can visit them!

Hey TyGl, I really would like you to finish your Orc Structure TB. This way I can give you a proper review of your artist application. Keep up the good work! We are really looking forward to the next steps in your road to artist!

Alright Ty this looks quite good so far! Here's what I'd say about your current builds.

Your sewer details look great, can't say much wrong about them.
The osgiliath house doesn't look right. I'd suggest taking another look at the guide and at the finished houses. You need a lot more vegetation and grass/dirt/mossy blocks on the ground. Also you'll need to sometimes rebuild your house a little because it's often too ruined (from back in the day) so it looks better if you repair some stuff and remove some weird unstable stuff.
The orc camp looks okay, but could use some more details around the place, some rocks, a road, crates, tents...
Your moria houses are very nice, maybe add some supports to the ceiling.

I'd like to see a real structure from you, maybe a gondorian house or tower.

Good luck!

I must say that TyGl is really good at doing jobs, he learns really quickly and has an open minded view and is good at details. I would like to do a small project together with him if thats alright? He could maybe help me on some of the halls I got assigned to in Moria?

I must say that TyGl is really good at doing jobs, he learns really quickly and has an open minded view and is good at details. I would like to do a small project together with him if thats alright? He could maybe help me on some of the halls I got assigned to in Moria?
Sure sounds good.

Finally got an Imgur so I will share pictures on there from now on. I just made a quick hobbit hole and thought i could use this for my application

Can we promote him to Artist already!?!? Over the past few months, both Palladian and myself have been very impressed by @TyGl20's progress on his way to becoming an Artist. He has completed builds throughout Osgiliath and Moria, clearly grasping the concepts and even adding his own flair to them. His approach to jobs and plots is enthusiastic and open minded, learning quickly the skills required to complete the tasks set to him.

It isn't up to me however, that is only my thoughts.

Last edited:
Hey Tygl, good job on this application so far :) Keep it up!

Here's some feedback on your themed build: the forsaken inn.

- The building is called the forsaken inn, not the forbidden ;)

Vegetation:
- Avoid mixing blocks in the ground so much, it makes the ground look very messy. Only in areas where there's less light, more water etc, ... you'll need to mix blocks to show that. (So no reason for it here)
- Use more grass to detail your ground (look at belfalas grass hills)
- Try adding trees! Trees add a lot to your build.
- Make clumps of flowers instead of using them all over the place.
- Mushrooms usually grow in areas with less light.

Structure:
- Your structure is in a bit of an old style, I asume you used this style to fit in Eriador, but as an artist you'll most likely always built in a style more similair to Dol Amroth, Anorien etc.
- I won't explain how to change your building to that style, as I think you should rather built other future themes or project in this style to try it out.
- Just take a look around Dol Calen, Dol Caranthan, ...

Thank you for your application. I hope that you can understand the feedback and use it in your future builds.

2019-09-20_14-51-46-png.14825

Attachments

• 2019-09-20_14.51.46.png
    2019-09-20_14.51.46.png
    946.3 KB · Views: 690
  • 2019-09-18_21.17.46.png
    2019-09-18_21.17.46.png
    778 KB · Views: 240
  • 2019-09-20_16.35.18.png
    2019-09-20_16.35.18.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 239
2019-09-22_16-15-30-png.14834

Attachments

• 2019-09-22_16.15.30.png
    2019-09-22_16.15.30.png
    615.6 KB · Views: 616
  • 2019-09-20_19.06.29.png
    2019-09-20_19.06.29.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 298
Hey Ty, Here's some feedback on your latest themed build.

- Add more supports! An underground room looks much more believable if you add proper supports to hold the weight of the mountain. (ontop of that add vaulted ceilings, instead of flat ones, for the same reason)
- The block choice is nice, nothing special, but well excecuted.
- Cool idea with the statues.
- Try varying your floor up on the main room, it's all one block. Try some cool patterns!

Another note: I think those walls are far too uniform. Try a larger-scale pattern, maybe 5 blocks in size instead of a minuscule 2.

Oh, and I'm glad that you used a must-have for large columns: diagonal blocks using glass. I think your Purple name is coming up soon! Keep up the good work!