• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

A Noobs guide to Lore

Still needs tweaking, have to add the contents page, but Volume 2 is essentially here. (go to first page for download). Same rule as last time, things have been excluded, I only included what I believe to be particularly important.

The section on the Teleri is a bit off. You cite Elwë as their founder, even though you cite Tata and Imin for the Noldor and Vanyar. Shouldn't it be Enel?

Also, you cite only Quenya for their languages, even though the Sindar were a great part of their descendants (Oropher/Thranduil/Legolas being prime examples) and the Nandor as well.

The section on the Teleri is a bit off. You cite Elwë as their founder, even though you cite Tata and Imin for the Noldor and Vanyar. Shouldn't it be Enel?

Also, you cite only Quenya for their languages, even though the Sindar were a great part of their descendants (Oropher/Thranduil/Legolas being prime examples) and the Nandor as well.
Thankyou, I had forgotten to add it on, it's because I copied and pasted from Vanyar. The reason I mixed the languages for the founders, is because I cant remember/find the aliases for Tata and Imin. If you know them, let me know please.

Some little errors I found in vol 2:

missing accents:
  • page 6: Círdan
  • page 6: Bëor (in the line "Founder: ...") As you have the dieresis in the title you should also add it here
  • page 6: Húrin, Túrin
  • page 7: Dor-lómin (as always in such compunds: second word has no capital letter)
  • page 7: Húrin, Túrin
  • page 7: Númenóreans, Númenor
  • page 7: Anárion
  • page 8: Annúminas
  • page 8: Gríma Wormtongue (you also got a typo in "tongue")
  • page 9: Rhûn
  • page 12: Númenor
  • page 16: Númenor

other stuff:
  • page 5: I'd swap the order of the three elven groups so that those who reached Aman first (Vanyar - Noldor - Teleri), they also have other names - Minyar (the first ones) - Tatyar (the sencond ones) - Nelyar (the thits ones), so this order makes much more sense.
  • page 5: You mention Galadriel twice
  • page 5 and following: I's mention the english translation of Calaquendi (light elves) and Úmanyar ("those who aren't from Aman")
  • page 6: Theres a typo in Thranduil
  • page 6: You forgot the capital "L" of Ladros, reads like"iadros" now
  • page 7: (Gondorians) "Edain and Men" I can't tell straight away if in Gondor only lived Edain or also other kind of Men but what I can say is that the Edain are a part of Men and from that the term "Edain and Men" doesn't make much sense. (same on page 8)
  • page 7: Dol Amroth has no hyphen.
  • page 7: Want to mention Elessar Telcontar Aragorn Arathornion Edhelharn as notable member? ("Aragorn II" should do it too ofc ;) )
  • page 9: missing comma between Balin and Gimli
  • page 11: missing "r" in Founders
  • page 12: Dol Amroth has no hyphen.
  • page 12: Copy/Paste error: the inhabitants of Dol Amroth weren't Rohirrim
  • page 12: As founders of Dol Amroth i'd put Númenóreans (Elendili), but not the Elves
  • page 15: the second "G" in Gil-galad isn't capital
  • page 16: Where did you read that Elendil's residence was Isengard? It can't really be as Elendil died at the end of the Second Age but Isengard was constructed at the beginning of the Third Age

Some little errors I found in vol 2:

missing accents:
  • page 6: Círdan
  • page 6: Bëor (in the line "Founder: ...") As you have the dieresis in the title you should also add it here
  • page 6: Húrin, Túrin
  • page 7: Dor-lómin (as always in such compunds: second word has no capital letter)
  • page 7: Húrin, Túrin
  • page 7: Númenóreans, Númenor
  • page 7: Anárion
  • page 8: Annúminas
  • page 8: Gríma Wormtongue (you also got a typo in "tongue")
  • page 9: Rhûn
  • page 12: Númenor
  • page 16: Númenor

other stuff:
  • page 5: I'd swap the order of the three elven groups so that those who reached Aman first (Vanyar - Noldor - Teleri), they also have other names - Minyar (the first ones) - Tatyar (the sencond ones) - Nelyar (the thits ones), so this order makes much more sense.
  • page 5: You mention Galadriel twice
  • page 5 and following: I's mention the english translation of Calaquendi (light elves) and Úmanyar ("those who aren't from Aman")
  • page 6: Theres a typo in Thranduil
  • page 6: You forgot the capital "L" of Ladros, reads like"iadros" now
  • page 7: (Gondorians) "Edain and Men" I can't tell straight away if in Gondor only lived Edain or also other kind of Men but what I can say is that the Edain are a part of Men and from that the term "Edain and Men" doesn't make much sense. (same on page 8)
  • page 7: Dol Amroth has no hyphen.
  • page 7: Want to mention Elessar Telcontar Aragorn Arathornion Edhelharn as notable member? ("Aragorn II" should do it too ofc ;) )
  • page 9: missing comma between Balin and Gimli
  • page 11: missing "r" in Founders
  • page 12: Dol Amroth has no hyphen.
  • page 12: Copy/Paste error: the inhabitants of Dol Amroth weren't Rohirrim
  • page 12: As founders of Dol Amroth i'd put Númenóreans (Elendili), but not the Elves
  • page 15: the second "G" in Gil-galad isn't capital
  • page 16: Where did you read that Elendil's residence was Isengard? It can't really be as Elendil died at the end of the Second Age but Isengard was constructed at the beginning of the Third Age
The reason I had Noldor first, was simply because my favourite (and arguably the most important), but I think you're right so I changed the order. Also, I'm going to be talking about language in a future doc, so I'm trying to leave translations out right now. The whole Edain, Men thing, those that came to Gondor I believe were Edain, but as time when on they became less "pure" as they bread with the locals (I assume), I listed Non-Edain as Men simply because I didn't know what else to call them.
Elendil in Isengard, that's another editing error, I used the first Volume as a base, so I assume Elendil's spot used to be for Saruman.

Once again, thx Finrod, you're a big help.

So... It still says Barar-dûr on page two. Also, the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales are listed under further reading. I believe they should have been placed under necessary reading.

So... It still says Barar-dûr on page two. Also, the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales are listed under further reading. I believe they should have been placed under necessary reading.
Fixed, also, you can learn lore without reading those specific books, there are online wikis (which are linked) which are a big help.