• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

ASOIAF [Spoilers]

http://imgur.com/a/EKL7q#HMZwi6y

G1pdcan.png

Whitewalkers are apparently all the full grown versions of Craster's incest babies that have received a kiss of death from frozen Darth Maul?

Considering they've been around for thousands of years, nope. As Wollip said, the central one was confirmed as the Night's King, but there's more. Look at this:

qkM1g6q.jpg

The Night's King approaches from the centre, and the Night's King was the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. There are thirteen figures in all.

This has basically confirmed that the Others are a race or a people, with some kind of ruling council. I read a very interesting theory the other day which basically stated that at the end of the Long Night, the Others were not defeated, but rather agreed to a treaty with men. The Last Hero was a diplomat, not a conqueror, and the Night's King married a female Other to seal the deal. The Night's King was a Stark, and as part of the treaty his family would rule in the North, as a kind of buffer zone between men and the Others. Therefore, there must always be a Stark in Winterfell. The Starks' words, "Winter is Coming", are not a warning, but a threat, as in their line they have the blood of those who can control winter and ice itself (Ned was fine with sleeping naked in Winterfell, just as Dany was fine with the scalding hot bath).

The Others helped Brandon the Builder construct the Wall to enforce this treaty (how on earth could men construct something like that with no magical help), and since the Others were winning the war at the time, they demanded tribute in the form of humans sent north of the wall to become White Walkers (as we've just seen with the baby). That was the original purpose of the Night's Watch (and where the practice of ranging north of the Wall came from) - the scum of Westeros were sent north as tribute. Over time, this treaty was forgotten by men, and Craster later stumbled accidentally on the human sacrifice aspect - thus why the Others did not touch him. Men forgot, but the North Remembers.

Last edited:
It may also be interesting since Bran will have to come into contact with Coldhands soon enough of whether or not this clip confirms or denies that Coldhands is the Night's King (which is one theory that also exists)

I supported that theory about Coldhands being the Night's king. Still could be though. But yea read that theory too Fornad and I really like the sounds of it.

That was the original purpose of the Night's Watch (and where the practice of ranging north of the Wall came from) - the scum of Westeros were sent north as tribute.
Most of the theory is good apart from this. I can't find the exact quote but someone states that the Night's Watch was originally honourable and many Knights and Nobles would willingly join. Why would you send your noblemen to become White Walkers?

Coldhands is the Night's King (which is one theory that also exists)
Clearly Benjen is Coldhands and Varys is a Mereling.

Well here's a small theory that I saw on the internet and it involves our favourite tinfoil maker.
Done thy hats fellow readers!
tinfoil-hat.jpg

So Benjen has a ponytail no? (best image I could find)
Xwi9T1s.png

Who else in this entire series has a ponytail? One clue. He was in the last episode.
Given up?
6IuODUY.jpg

Last episode we found out that The Others can turn humans into White Walkers. Maybe it's just baby's maybe it isn't. Who knows. But what if, bare with me here, what if the White Walkers captured Benjen Stark and turned him into one of them?

Last edited:
Most of the theory is good apart from this. I can't find the exact quote but someone states that the Night's Watch was originally honourable and many Knights and Nobles would willingly join. Why would you send your noblemen to become White Walkers?

Possibly this tradition began after the Night's Watch transitioned into guarding the Wall. The Long Night was many thousands of years before the events of aSoIaF, so that's possible. Alternatively, they could see it as a duty to the realm, though this is less likely.

More evidence for the theory - the common phrase "The Others take you!". Makes you wonder about its origin..

I also heard a theory that Jon would become a walker towards the end, and lead them south, and end up meeting Dany's invading force. As predictable as it would be and I dont think GRRM will do it, its one way the Others will meet the Dragons.

So, anyone think that horrifyingly graphic scene lent any credence to the theory that Oberyn died on purpose? Although if it was me, i'd still rather get sliced in half with a sword than get my skull caved in.

I don't think Oberyn died on purpose, he wouldn't do that to his family. He knew he might not come out alive, that's why he poisoned his spear but I don't think he would sacrifice himself.

We've lost a sun, but snakes will rise from his ashes.
#Sandsnakes2015

The Mountain is a great character because he's so uncomplicated in comparison to anyone else in the books. Massive guy, massive sword, good at crushing skulls. Bring on Ser Robert Strong, Oberyn complicated things too much anyway.

Well i always felt that Oberyn's death was rather a "lucky" occurence, he didn't strike me as someone dumb enough to let himself get tripped like he did. And i read up on a theory that he basically got himself killed in order to push Dorne into the war. But it does seem rather unlikely i guess. But hopefully the show will indulge in a few more of these side theories; revealing Jofferey's assassin was pretty awesome.