• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Fennas Drúnin

thomasd18

Another Moria Worker
Commoner
Credits
XP
How long have you been on this server: 1 1/2 years (since November 2013)
What is your current rank: Artist
Who have you contacted to help you out with this project: Toeyoman, BeNgBeRg98, greglas2, Thijs1801, yourie98, SmaugJuice, blocklegend
Have you been part in any projects before? If yes elaborate what you did: Reserve leader of Mt Gram
Is the project on the list of available projects: Yes
In what amount of time do you think this project will get done: 2-3 months

Project Leader: thomasd16
Reserve leader: Bengberg
Designer
: Thijs1801

Background lore:
The chief town of the Angle sits on the point where the Bruinen flows into the Mitheithel. In the Second Age, the location was contested by Eriadoran lords and Hillmen until a wall and stone keep were finally built by Númenórean adventurers in S.A. 2910. Fennas Drúnin was the most prosperous town in Rhudaur until the wars of the Sister Kingdoms began. The great wooden bridge the Arnorian engineers built over the Mitheithel is long since burned down. The town has changed hands repeatedly over the years, being ruled in turn by Rhudaur, Cardolan, Fëotar, and by independent lords and renegade mercenaries.
It now sits high above the rivers' normal flood stages on a mound built of the rubble from the many times it has been sacked and sieged. The most recent siege, that by King Ermegil Stonearm of Rhudaur in T. A. 1635, did the town less harm then many, and it is now run by a local Council and a Mercenary Guild financed partially by Fëotar and the Canotar of Tharbad and partially by the rather high tolls on the ferries crossing the rivers.(Original MERP lore, taken from MERP module #2005 "Arnor", pages 183f)

Short introduction:
Fennas Drúnin was the most prosperous town in the Angle used mainly as a centre for the farms of Feotar. The town has an old stone keep and a wall surrounding built by Numenoreans. The town has ferries which take people too Cardolan and Eregion.

The Plan:
CdFj5IU.png

Concept art:
T08604_10.jpg

Like this but with a smaller keep and a town next to the keep
180?cb=20130518090612

An artist impression of what the town could of looked like
Concept Builds:
FGzdPB3.png

A newer house based of the style of Bree
FmJucus.png

Side of the house
eMFEbmh.png

An older Arnorian house which is still standing lots of these houses will be ruined on the mound
6MwQpfu.png

The other side of the house
5EKvdYU.png

The front gate of the old wall which is still standing (some of the wall will be badly ruined)

Stages of the Build
Stage 1: Terrain (Completed)

-Fix up the river and terrain (Completed)
-Build mound at tip for location of the keep (Completed)
-Voxel any extra terrain (Completed)
Stage 2: Plan Town (Completed)

-Plan layout of the town (Completed)
-Add in the wall (Completed)
Stage 3: Build Town (Completed)
-Build the New Houses (Completed)
-Build the Old Houses (Completed)
-Built the Market/Industry area (Completed)
-Build docks and ferries across rivers including small village (Completed)
-Add road and details (Completed)
Stage 4: Old Keep (military area/council house) (Completed)

-Plan keep (Completed)
-Build keep (Completed)
-Add details (Completed)
Stage 5: Farms and vineyards (Completed)

-Plan farms and vineyards (Completed)
-Builds farms and vineyards (Completed)
-Add roads and details (Completed)
Stage 6: Finalising (Completed)

-Check town for derps etc. (Completed)
-FINISH PROJECT!

Possible adventurer jobs that can be run:
-Roads
-Farm walls
-Vineyards

Last edited:
Another input I forgot in the project post is an elaboration on the population of Fennas Drúnin in Other Minds Magazine #13:
(TA = Third Age)

TA 250: 3200
TA 1400: 2500
TA 1640: 650
TA 1974: 500
TA 2740: 1500
TA 2915: 1500

First conclusion from this would be that the rubble from the ruined buildings of the first half of the Third Age make up a significant part of the cliff the town stands upon. I would consider importing that red/grey mixed cobble block from the Gondor pack for that.

Second conclusion is that the town once was much larger than its in 3001 T.A., however as the wall was built at a later point it still seems feasible to have mostly inhabitable inside the wall.

Third conclusion is that both wooden and stony buildings are very well feasible, as they would be only up to a few hundred years old and have constantly been maintained.

I do really like your concepts, I think they fit the situation quite nicely, so does the layout.

One thing you have to speak with @bender400 about yet is how your project matches with bender's Ranger Camps.
Additionally we currently have already two public projects going (Gram and Aldburg), so one of these needs to be completed ere this one can start.

If you wish to have permission to use the plotworld for further concepts you can request it in this thread. If you want to move your already existant concepts to the MCME server the only way would be making a schematic (using WorldEdit or maybe mcEdit works too) and then sending these files to q, in other words, that would be quite a tricky quest.

Another input I forgot in the project post is an elaboration on the population of Fennas Drúnin in Other Minds Magazine #13:
(TA = Third Age)

TA 250: 3200
TA 1400: 2500
TA 1640: 650
TA 1974: 500
TA 2740: 1500
TA 2915: 1500

First conclusion from this would be that the rubble from the ruined buildings of the first half of the Third Age make up a significant part of the cliff the town stands upon. I would consider importing that red/grey mixed cobble block from the Gondor pack for that.

Second conclusion is that the town once was much larger than its in 3001 T.A., however as the wall was built at a later point it still seems feasible to have mostly inhabitable inside the wall.

Third conclusion is that both wooden and stony buildings are very well feasible, as they would be only up to a few hundred years old and have constantly been maintained.

I do really like your concepts, I think they fit the situation quite nicely, so does the layout.

One thing you have to speak with @bender400 about yet is how your project matches with bender's Ranger Camps.
Additionally we currently have already two public projects going (Gram and Aldburg), so one of these needs to be completed ere this one can start.

If you wish to have permission to use the plotworld for further concepts you can request it in this thread. If you want to move your already existant concepts to the MCME server the only way would be making a schematic (using WorldEdit or maybe mcEdit works too) and then sending these files to q, in other words, that would be quite a tricky quest.
Gram is in its final stages, will be done in a week or so

We are currently moving towards having less projects at once, this will mean we will only have one public project at a time. I did decide in the last few days that Fennas Drúnin will be the public project that can be started after the House of Tarannon Falastur is done. So @thomasd16 you may already want to start blowing away the dust that has settled on this application and make yourself ready to let this project take off. You especially may want to reconsider who will primarily help you in this project, maybe theres new Artists or Adventurers interested in tuning in. Furthermore you should have a talk with @Emilio_ who is voxelling in that area and may be up for doing some terrain for you.

We are currently moving towards having less projects at once, this will mean we will only have one public project at a time. I did decide in the last few days that Fennas Drúnin will be the public project that can be started after the House of Tarannon Falastur is done. So @thomasd16 you may already want to start blowing away the dust that has settled on this application and make yourself ready to let this project take off. You especially may want to reconsider who will primarily help you in this project, maybe theres new Artists or Adventurers interested in tuning in. Furthermore you should have a talk with @Emilio_ who is voxelling in that area and may be up for doing some terrain for you.

Nice I will get to work when you allow me. Toeyoman and Yourie98 have now joined the project and I will check with Bengberg and Greglas if they still want to help out. Anyone else interested in helping is welcome to, just pm me in game or ask me on the forums and I will add you.

Edit: SmaugJuice has also joined

Last edited:
Hereby this project application is accepted and the project can start! Be sure to reread the Public Project rules listed here: Current available Projects and Rules
I will sporadically be checking on the progress and giving feedback. If any questions should arise direct them to me or a Designer where applicable.

If any more players join the core build team, or if any other changes to the plans are being decided on, please update the main post. Please also inform about remarkable progress.

This thread will now be moved to the Jobs and Projects forum.

I'd love to help any way I can!
Sure that would be great. For the moment I don't have much for you to do but when we start building the city it would be great if you could help build some of the houses :D

I'd be honored to help. Besides, you'll need people of intelligence on this mission...quest...thing. ;-P
Nice, I have added you to the build team, as your an adventurer you need to read this thread especially the bit on being a temp artist
Current available Projects and Rules