• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Fennas Drúnin

When @LorienJuice posted his screenshot I realized there had not been a good update on the Fennas project thread for a while. Ofcourse for those who follow the MCME Times there has been a nice weekly update by @thomasd16 and a screen shot by @Finrod_Amandil. After talking with @thomasd16 he will plan out the keep this weekend. The wall needs some redoing after there being some complaints about it being too wide. After this there is still 1 house district left that needs to be done. Currently we are working on the last warehouses/old houses in the 2nd to last house district. For those who want to have a closer look at the project /warp fennas.
Today there was a job where some adventures did some detailing of streams in the forrest. The forrest is defiantly worth taking a closer look at. It is one of the the most detailed forrest in MCME.

Here are some nice screenshot of the progress that has been made the last weeks:

Layout:
View media item 1708
Sideview:
View media item 1709
Riverview:
View media item 1710
The Inn:
View media item 1711

Last edited:
When @LorienJuice posted his screenshot I realized there had not been a good update on the Fennas project thread for a while. Ofcourse for those who follow the MCME Times there has been a nice weekly update by @thomasd16 and a screen shot by @Finrod_Amandil. After talking with @thomasd16 he will plan out the keep this weekend. The wall needs some redoing after there being some complaints about it being too wide. After this there is still 1 house district left that needs to be done. Currently we are working on the last warehouses/old houses in the 2nd to last house district. For those who want to have a closer look at the project /warp fennas.
Today there was a job where some adventures did some detailing of streams in the forrest. The forrest is defiantly worth taking a closer look at. It is one of the the most detailed forrest in MCME.

Here are some nice screenshot of the progress that has been made the last weeks:

Layout:
View media item 1708
Sideview:
View media item 1709
Riverview:
View media item 1710
The Inn:
View media item 1711

GEy8FeR.jpg

Efficient work is good. I am not, however, entirely sure if this was efficient. It should also be remembered that designer projects take priority, and attitude like this may sway our decision whether or not to accept or deny public projects in the future.

Efficient work is good. I am not, however, entirely sure if this was efficient. It should also be remembered that designer projects take priority, and attitude like this may sway our decision whether or not to accept or deny public projects in the future.

Hey Man

I understand that you and a few designer were angry last night over the way we carried out our keep planning. We planned and created together in a few hours which might of taken a day if I did it all by myself. In my opinion this was the best way to carry it out and a lot of artists agreed with me on that. If you remember when we did the Annuminas palace and all the artists worked together what could of taken us a few weeks took us only a few days. All of the artists agreed that we certainly had more fun working together as a team as we all added are creative inputs in and this allowed us to work to the best of our ability. Isn't MCME after all to build Middle Earth TOGETHER. We only spent one evening working on the keep so it was only for a short amount of time. Im not trying to entice a "artist rebellion" what we did was good fun and we did it for the better of the community.

You are absolutely correct about annuminas, but it should be noted that this was a designer's project and took priority, as well as the job being 4 times larger in size than the keep you just did. I also absolutely agree that having numerous artists focused on one thing is usually very efficient, as well as extremely fun, but it should be on a priority project. I mean not to reprimand, but more to remind that the rank of artist was made specifically to assist the staff on their projects.

Flat refusal is taken, understandably, poorly amongst the designers, so perhaps giving at least some help to the staff at least to humor them, then having everyone work on a secondary priority, would be better for relations, and fulfilling the purpose of your rank.

Last edited:
I understand that Fennas is not a priority project unlike South Gondor. However I see nothing wrong with a few artists coming together for 2 hours to help build a keep to the best it can be. I want Fennas to look the best it can be so if that's the best option I would rather take it. In the end all of the people who helped out yesterday still work very hard on other projects and Fennas is not slowing them down at all. Even after we stopped artists went back to other tasks so I feel like saying that we caused a problem last night is a bit of an overreaction as it caused no effect on progress last night at all. I feel like you are saying that artists are refusing to work on other projects and that is definitely not the case

I don't get your problem Bender, artists are working hard on a lot of project helping designers, (Fornost, Anfalas, Belfalas just for example), if for one time they are busy to do something else elsewhere you shouldn't harsh them for that.
If you pop up on the server and you call artists for help but they are doing something else you can't think that 100% of them will run to help you in 2 seconds, or sometimes some artists just want to chill. You can't blame them for chill or if one time they don't want to help or they are busy, otherwise they can say to us (designers) to be a lot more online (we have more responsabilities of them in term of projects), to be more productive or to run to help them when they need something.
P.S. they were working on something not slacking off.

I understand that Fennas is not a priority project unlike South Gondor. However I see nothing wrong with a few artists coming together for 2 hours to help build a keep to the best it can be. I want Fennas to look the best it can be so if that's the best option I would rather take it. In the end all of the people who helped out yesterday still work very hard on other projects and Fennas is not slowing them down at all. Even after we stopped artists went back to other tasks so I feel like saying that we caused a problem last night is a bit of an overreaction as it caused no effect on progress last night at all. I feel like you are saying that artists are refusing to work on other projects and that is definitely not the case
I don't get your problem Bender, artists are working hard on a lot of project helping designers, (Fornost, Anfalas, Belfalas just for example), if for one time they are busy to do something else elsewhere you shouldn't harsh them for that.
If you pop up on the server and you call artists for help but they are doing something else you can't think that 100% of them will run to help you in 2 seconds, or sometimes some artists just want to chill. You can't blame them for chill or if one time they don't want to help or they are busy, otherwise they can say to us (designers) to be a lot more online (we have more responsabilities of them in term of projects), to be more productive or to run to help them when they need something.
P.S. they were working on something not slacking off.

I assent to all above, and I was not in fact one of the designers who needed help at the time. Nor was I aware that they returned to other tasks. But I was on to see what the other designers thought at the time in admin chat, and I do believe those who asked for help felt insulted and disrespected by some of said artists. Wether or not this was an overreaction, I cannot entirely say for sure, though I do remember some artists saying things that I thought maybe could have been slightly more polite.

I remember when I was artist and working on my cathedral in LD, many designers would get irritated if I preferred to work on the palace rather than on whatever project they needed help on. Back then I did not understand why, especially since I was technically doing work for the server. Now I see how valuable help from artists are, and how much of a painful load they can take off one's shoulders (which is their purpose) which otherwise we designers being leaders of large projects must bear alone.

I do not think that artists are refusing to work on other projects either. I think you all have been doing fine work. I speak particularly of yesterday, where you did flatly refuse, which should not normally matter and I would say we overreacted, but as I said above, maybe one of you did not do it in the greatest of fashions, which could very well have changed our view on the rest of you, which would account for our overreaction.

At the time it seemed to be out of some sort of defiance that every artist online (something like 8-10 in all) were working on one building at once, but if what you say above applies to every artist there, then I'm glad that this was just a misunderstanding.

Anyhow, this thread is hardly the place to discuss in any more detail an event (wether good or bad) which has happened and passed.

Last edited:
I assent to all above, and I was not in fact one of the designers who needed help at the time. Nor was I aware that they returned to other tasks. But I was on to see what the other designers thought at the time in admin chat, and I do believe those who asked for help felt insulted and disrespected by some of said artists. Wether or not this was an overreaction, I cannot entirely say for sure, though I do remember some artists saying things that I thought maybe could have been slightly more polite.

I remember when I was artist and working on my cathedral in LD, many designers would get irritated if I preferred to work on the palace rather than on whatever project they needed help on. Back then I did not understand why, especially since I was technically doing work for the server. Now I see how valuable help from artists are, and how much of a painful load they can take off one's shoulders (which is their purpose) which otherwise we designers being leaders of large projects must bear alone.

I do not think that artists are refusing to work on other projects either. I think you all have been doing fine work. I speak particularly of yesterday, where you did flatly refuse, which should not normally matter and I would say we overreacted, but as I said above, maybe one of you did not do it in the greatest of fashions, which could very well have changed our view on the rest of you, which would account for our overreaction.

At the time it seemed to be out of some sort of defiance that every artist online (something like 8-10 in all) were working on one building at once, but if what you say above applies to every artist there, then I'm glad that this was just a misunderstanding.

Anyhow, this thread is hardly the place to discuss in any more detail an event (wether good or bad) which has happened and passed.
I agree 100%, I definatly think we should put this whole nonsense and unnecessary drama behind us and look forward as to realign ourselves as a community. :D