• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Matt's Texture Dev Topic

ok, that configuration makes more sense now (sorry for my lack of botanical knowledge!)
maybe it just needs the apple leaf blocks themselves to be more spread out among the normal leaves

Troll Skull?
vsFCQoz.png

maybe try work with 16x16 and 32 x 32 textures than making each texture 256 x 256 :p, it's annoying while editing XD.

I do not have a lot of time allocated to do design stuff for MCME (and none is on my schedule until August, because I cannot connect the Github app to proper internet before that time). So unless something important comes up like the apple tree leaves and the vines I won't be working through the item todo list. Other people please start making textures! =D

Also - @Fireinferno13 what has happened to the flower textures "competition". You told us all to submit them but nothing has happened? What should have happened is that we are told which flowers to submit - I submitted all of them and they have been waiting for a very long time. Motivation dwindles when nothing happens. =p

I would like to be told by staff which of my flowers flowers can go in. I hope most of them are used for Eriador =p , although I recommend the Kangaroo Paws for Harad or Rhun. There is a colour variation of Heather II, the browner one is for Rohan.

VC0GxRt.png
EHz3Lb3.png

zhl7TsT.png
AqK5zcU.png

ai0Ch9n.png
DPZigNY.png

9kmBajy.png
fxmNBvI.png

Gallery Links:

I apologize about the flower competition stuff. It honestly was not the greatest system to begin with and so with the forums crash, when I lost all organization and people failed to contact me with their textures, I havent been able to follow up on it. Lemme try again this week to get all of that moving towards github

GitHub is how this stuff is merged together into one, findekano. I know how it works so I could probably make a tutorial about it when I get the chance.

Thanks for letting us know something is happening @Fireinferno13. =D

I get why it is used, and for those who understand it it is a great resource, but *sigh, I would very much appreciate any help with its operation

Since this is a dev topic here is some pixel art I've been drawing up, not specifically for MCME although - I've been making some artworks and stuff.

3bI3WLt.png

I wish to note that I reserve the right to upload my own textures to GitHub. Once it has been merged I will encourage and support suggestions and other people editing the textures.

However I want to submit the original files myself!

I wish to note that I reserve the right to upload my own textures to GitHub. Once it has been merged I will encourage and support suggestions and other people editing the textures.

However I want to submit the original files myself!
This is my bad. I asked for scooby to push some of the files forward that were for sure ready to be incorporated into the given resource packs. I did not intend to offend you in any sort of way nor insult your ability to submit them yourself as I completely respect that integrity of your work. Simply I wanted to put it all forward at once rather then submit multiple requests as asking that of people leaves the possibility of nothing actually happening..... So apologies and hope you understand :)

I'm currently looking for a Build Artist to help me do stuff like this so I can test my textures on the server.

I thank you for moving my flower textures to Lothlorien, Rohan and Gondor. =D

It may have been childish, but I had had everything ready for a long time, even though the information I was given was confusing, my textures sat there ignored for ages because nobody told me what to submit or why they were not being merged. -_-

I had a right to submit my textures to GitHub and you stole them unintentionally. ScoobyDeezy, I know you and FireInferno were well meaning, but with a little bit of looking around and listening to me talking - that I wanted to submit them and that I just needed to know what to submit - means that this issue could've been avoided. I created them, I submitted them. But now your name is on the submission, you submitted them. You stole my right and opportunity to work professionally and officially in this system and team. ='(

That and ~$7 worth of tethering phone data was spent on using GitHub. =p

Lastly, we do have a lot of textures to work on to paint this Middle-earth. =D I love creating natural-like environments, it is a skill that God has given me (that and primary teaching ;D ) and if this issue cannot be solved I will still be just as happy and excited and overjoyed whenever I find a little orchid past the ferns and under the trees or whenever I run through the heatherlands. =D

1. I want to submit my original files using GitHub. My work in creating the original art should be officially attributed to me. GitHub tracks submissions, that is the way it should be used. I believe it is sufficient for attribution in the CC licence (see below). I believe it is the best practise for attribution, we then know the user (their name and link to their profile) who created the original art and the users who modified the original art.
  2. I will encourage and support you as much as I can if you want to edit and use the textures I created. I want to see all of my work develop and evolve.
Attribution in the CC licence. From: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Fre...l_offered_under_a_Creative_Commons_license.3F
CC licenses have a flexible attribution requirement, so there is not necessarily one correct way to provide attribution. The proper method for giving credit will depend on the medium and means you are using, and may be implemented in any reasonable manner. Additionally, you may satisfy the attribution requirement by providing a link to a place where the attribution information may be found.

While the attribution requirements in the license are the minimum requirement, we always recommend that you follow the best practices for the kind of use you are making. For example, if you are using scientific data marked with CC0, you are not required to give attribution at all, but we recommend that you give the same credit you would give to any other source—not because the license requires it, but because that is the standard for letting others know the source of the data.

Last edited:
New project:
Lilium for Ithilien
What colour should it be? - telling me which species helps. =D
The image to the left is from Wikipedia. I am using Inkscape as per usual.

F2lO6MJ.png

P.S. This variety of lilim is Lilium bulbiferum or tiger lily.

Last edited: