• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Misty Mountains [Part 1 - Mountains of Moria]

Guy in chat today
af1heFi.jpg
Awww, now all the other areas are going to feel jealous! :(

The texture pack update may take a bit longer than expected due to a few other things being included in that update. To avoid confusion I cant share unofficial packs but for those that cant wait to see the mountains in their proper look you can change your packs by your own, heres what you do:

1. Go to your .minecraft folder. (on windows search in the Start menu for "%appdata%")
2. Navigate to ...\.minecraft\resourcepacks
3. Open all MCME zip files (yes, all four!) and navigate in each pack to \assets\minecraft\textures\blocks
4. For the stony texture: search in the Rohan.zip the file named "planks_jungle.png", copy it to your desktop, rename it to "hardened_clay_stained_cyan.png" and put it into the Eriador and the Loth pack.
5. For the flowers:
- Search "flower_tulip_orange.png" in Gondor pack and copy it to Eriador and Loth pack (no renaming)
- Search "flower_rose.png" in Lothlórien pack, copy to desktop, rename to "flower_houstonia.png" and put it into Eriador and Loth pack. (Yes the Loth pack then has twice the same texture in it).

As there were a few people that asked me how I did voxel certain things in the misties I did copy large amounts of what I did put into the Staff Forum to my first 3 posts on this thread. As I have on the Staff Forums 12 posts for that information (did use that many along with a Contents list with links to all these posts to find certain stuff quicker) I did not include the following informations:
- Detailed Progress Log
- Background Lore
- To-Do List

For all those that have no interests in voxel may still get an impression of how much work is behind every section that is being done and probs you can see why progress isnt too fast ;)

I was thinking that there should be a ruined bridge at the bottom of the Sirannon lake because the river had to pass through the road to go to the waterfall before there was a lake. Also, this waterfall was named Stair Fall because there was a "stair" behind. I would see something like this, but much bigger:
e698b6551865e0a75186dfa10a279d20.jpg

And, las but not least, Isn't it the perfect time to tal about my suggestion to build the Watcher :) ?

I was also going to suggest somewhere that there ought to be a bridge underwater. As for the falls @Bombur8 the stairs are next to, not below/behind the falls (i.e. an actual staircase next to the water), which we have currently.
Not sure about the watcher (personally I would say no but let the project staff decide).

Another time rlly good suggestions :D
- stair falls: will add!
- underwater bridge: Will come back to that as soon as I have the section with the Sirannon source. Will then drain the lake once more and work out an actual riverbed.
- Watcher: this will most likely not be added, for the reason that I would want it to be hidden a bit at the lake bottom and not just being ripping off the doors. And for logical reasons (earlier riverbed - water can only flow down) i cant make lake deeper and thus have just way too few space to build something recognisable

Perhaps we could build an underwater cave, completely flooded with water, where our good friend the watcher chills out when there are no world saving fellowships passing through and where he takes the few female watcheresses for happy time?
If I imagine it as you do i dont think that would make much sense to have like just a hole in such a muddy cave

I was thinking about an underwater Wetcher, without any body parts outside of water ;) . It could be a bit flattened at the bottom of the lake, like a sea star :) .

Oh and about the stairs, I went on Tolkien Gateway and I had actually read "behind" instead of "beside", so, you're right ;) .

Last edited:
I was thinking about an underwater Wetcher, without any body parts outside of water ;) . It could be a bit flattened at the bottom of the lake, like a sea star :) .

Oh and about the stairs, I went on Tolkien Gateway and I had actually "behind" instead of "beside", so, you're right ;) .
We could get creative with this waterfall, though, if nothing actually describes the shape of it.

Update :)
2ywwxg7.png

New finished sections:

Completely done:
- #26 (Moria West Gate) @Finrod_Amandil
- #3 - @KlemensPlusLukas

Terraforming finished:
- #18 - @Finrod_Amandil
- #17 - @Finrod_Amandil
- #16 (Silvertine West) - @Finrod_Amandil
- #15 - @Finrod_Amandil
- #14 - @Finrod_Amandil
- #7 (Silvertine East) - @Finrod_Amandil
totally not over-tagging myself lol

In Progress

- #4 (Materials) - @DSESGH
- #14 (Materials) - @KlemensPlusLukas
- #27 (Terraforming) - @Finrod_Amandil
- #25 (Terraforming) - @Finrod_Amandil

For the latest progress I wanna thank all people that helped in any way, but especially:
@KlemensPlusLukas (voxelling)
@DSESGH (voxelling)
@mrmontypie (West Gate Tree & Bridge)
@Jetfire301 (awesome bridge design)
@mattlego (Bridge)
@K1sk1BBab35 (Tower)
@Ivan1pl (West Gate Tree)
@ProjectXMark1 (hours of bush planting)
@artaleart (hours of bush planting)

Thank you all a lot, without you progress wouldnt be close as quick as it is.

Furthermore thanks to everyone throwing in great ideas to improve everything to its perfection.

Two things that have been forgotten on the West Gate section : a path between the bridge and the watchtower and to double-side the its ladder.
Also the underwater ruined bridge but I suppose it's planned like Finrod said.

I'm sure this question has been asked already, but when you finish all of the misties are you going to do the same with, say, the white mountains and blue mountains?

I'm sure this question has been asked already, but when you finish all of the misties are you going to do the same with, say, the white mountains and blue mountains?
The White Mountains have already been voxeled n' beautified.

Edit: In most sections

Last edited:
If I can really do the whole misties in one sweep (takes about a year assumingly) I have to do something else for some time, else my building skills will most likely degenerate to those of the average freshly joined droog...