• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Misty Mountains [Part 1 - Mountains of Moria]

Can I suggest to add some water here? Would look better if this little stream went a bit farther, like the other ones:
1418490540-2014-12-13-18-04-14.png

UPDATE
f37rpz.png

New completed sections:

Next on the schedule are most likely numbers 19, 20, 21 and 22

Important:
Due to Credoo's time schedule we will have to review the Durins Tower contest a few days before christmas, a concrete date isn't known yet, but I suggest you should calculate that you are done by the weekend of the 20th/21st december

Last edited:
Why is the northern sand border?
when I made the borders for the main section 1 (mtns of moria) i made that go through valleys, however I realised that its way easier to voxel always entire valleys (both sides of it) and thus this is a small leftover that will be tackled later.

Will have some delay on the jobs for the glaciers, as I am pretty busy the next couple of weeks. Try to check around 9 pm gmt +1 on next tuesday or friday, and after friday any other day. If you have more questions just ask me on a forum conversation.

Heh, I'd noticed after posting that there's already a section right near where Nimrodel empties into the Silverlode where it kind of descends in a hurry, but if there's any way to whip up a sort of legit small stepped waterfall or something, that'd be awesome.

maybe the main source could split into multipe 2-3 wide block falls that then rejoin at the bottom of the falls, that way the source would be realistic, in the volume of water and the 2-3 block width would make the falls seem taller

some concepts
Waterfalls-3-Fairy-Waterfalls-Oregon-2.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSzIwlctol6ybmmGstPenR56lVNX8srQskgWuDcQJdtr0voadb.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmGJLk2odcpwuI5EPsseK4T_mgOflL0bQkDJ6KTK6_oFMv_xA-.jpg