• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

[Official] MCME Derp Report Thread

Didn’t get a screenshot, but the game glitched at sauron’s eye in amon hen. Had to turn off server resource packs to get out, thanks!
Hey There!

when at Amon Hen, if you stand on the seat of seeing you will fall into a small hole with the eye of Sauron in. Though this will teleport you back up straight after. Is this perhaps what you saw? (This only lasts around 2 - 5 seconds)

- Gadge

In the secret orthanc room, you can no longer access the little storage closet in the corner where Saruman's bombs are. Is that intentional?

A house in Ethring -Right Bottom corner. Right side of road- has a few barrier blocks on a doorway, normal doorway, where both areas of that the door intercepts can be accessed from both sides. Guide Arothir_Alamareo though it was strange. Here are some screenshots to confirm it.
2019-11-29_17.06.14.png

Standing on barrier blocks.

Entrance 2 door blocked
2019-11-29_17.05.48.png
2019-11-29_17.05.39.png
Entrance one.

Entrance two
2019-11-29_17.05.02.png
2019-11-29_17.04.55.png

Entrance one blocked door

Found this spot of barren trees when flying around.
2019-12-08_20.22.26.png

EDIT: Found another patch nearby
2019-12-08_20.26.42.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a derp or not but on the dynamic map maski98, Norir and FurryDuke are always on there even when they're not online.
View attachment 15700
For once I actually have to tell someone to put a derp on Discord instead of the forums and not the other way around but yeah, this thread is for build derps.

I just noticed that if I go to /gm 2 (adventure mode) I can still place some blocks but can't destroy them. is this normal? Shouldn't adventure mode prevent any block placements?

I just noticed that if I go to /gm 2 (adventure mode) I can still place some blocks but can't destroy them. is this normal? Shouldn't adventure mode prevent any block placements?
No, that's normal behaviour for adventure mode. At least in vanilla minecraft.

i dont know if this is supposed to happen but when you set yourself on fire and jump down in a cauldron with water in it the water disappears. did it a few times as you can see in Methrast.
1579377900426.png

i dont know if this is supposed to happen but when you set yourself on fire and jump down in a cauldron with water in it the water disappears. did it a few times as you can see in Methrast.
View attachment 15874
Yep. That's normal vanilla behaviour in 1.14
Or... it might be that it's only supposed to decrease one water level, I don't remember exactly since it's a kinda pointless feature but yeah, I think that's normal vanilla behaviour.