• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Osgo Project - Osgiliath

guys where the bridge has been destroyed there are rubbles, you can't see them very well because the bottom of the river is a bit deep and because there is dome of stars copied above so the shadow of dome makes the bottom of river darker. By the way all the small rubbles has been taken away by the anduin (you should think it as a giant river like Volga/Danubio and they use less than a couple of year to take away fallen bridges/houses etc)

Reactions: B_n
Hello, I'm new on the server and I really liked your Osgiliath, but... I have seen something that is too bad... There's a big (and perhaps the biggest) wall section of the inner castle which can't be accessed... I was thinking that it might be cool to add some stairs before the castle got destroyed. Some screens below.

The castle and the wall section :
1411491330-2014-09-23-16-55-48.png

Where I think the stairs (and road to them) could be add :
1411491318-2014-09-23-16-55-59.png

How I think it could be done to save the window (more complex and beautiful of course) :
1411491314-2014-09-23-16-56-06.png

You did it, great :) ! But, while I was re-visiting the place, I have seen something else, about the two low sections of walls and the nearest building this time:
1411514161-2014-09-23-21-03-20.png

Firstly, one of the walls can't be accessed either, and its junction with the building is quite strange:
1411514158-2014-09-23-21-04-38.png

1411514137-2014-09-23-21-04-46.png

Secondly, we have this door that is outside the walls:
1411514151-2014-09-23-21-03-34.png

So, we have two solutions : either it's a "normal" door and this is a pretty bad defence choice (so, I suggest to move it inside), or it's a kind of hidden door (like the one at the Hornburg) and I suggest to replace it by a "stone door" (like the one at the Hornburg (there's also another nearby)).

Thirdly, we have these four towers that seems to me too big to be left unaccessible ;) :
1411514616-2014-09-23-21-05-47.png

I suggest to put a ladder in the middle:
1411514613-2014-09-23-21-05-56.png

Yeah bombur8
I haven't gotten the chance to really work on those parts and I'll keep your comments in mind.
Do note that after ruining takes place, a lot might be broken or changed so that your comments don't really matter that much anymore.
Thanks for the help.

On another note, if you guys haven't seen the building on main and then give comments about them, I suggest you go look on main first to see the big giant rubble block in the river.
The anduin was also to deep and had a strong current cause none could swim across it to reach the other side easily. So I guess the small rubble blocks wouldn't have a chance and are all swept away by the water. If somebody provides a better design for it, then I will put it in or change any incoherences. Untill then, this goes as jcw did a very good job along with the guys that helped along the way!

by the way guys i am planning another section of Osgiliath so i'll make jobs for artists and aventurers

Osgiliath mini-project

n2nX5Ph.png

RED : This line is the border of the zone of this project,the section beetween red and purple line, archer's arrows can't reach the opposite river side, so this is the "second line" where gondorian armies can defend if Sauron's armies reach the shore, in this section we'll mix rubbles barricades with wooden barricades and we can use wood (not to much) for defensive position.

PURPLE : This line is the Archer line, in this section archers can shot to the opposite river side. This is the "first line" no wooden stuff here (it will burn if orcs use flaming arrows) you can use wood just for stairs/scaffolds (if there's a hole in the flor for example). Remove around 90% of tiles and try to do defensive position with rubbles or using the house walls. Use "lapis lazuli block" and "coal ore" for have a better look "cobblestone" and "stone". use bricks slab as small rubbles aswell.

PINK : This line mixed with purple for one house, the other houses in pink section defend the bridge side, they will need archers positions in front of the bridge .
GREEN : This area are for siege equipment (trebs/onager) area
BLACK : Rubbles barricades for archer and for siege equipments (the black lines near green areas)

Osgiliath mini-project

n2nX5Ph.png

RED : This line is the border of the zone of this project,the section beetween red and purple line, archer's arrows can't reach the opposite river side, so this is the "second line" where gondorian armies can defend if Sauron's armies reach the shore, in this section we'll mix rubbles barricades with wooden barricades and we can use wood (not to much) for defensive position.

PURPLE : This line is the Archer line, in this section archers can shot to the opposite river side. This is the "first line" no wooden stuff here (it will burn if orcs use flaming arrows) you can use wood just for stairs/scaffolds (if there's a hole in the flor for example). Remove around 90% of tiles and try to do defensive position with rubbles or using the house walls. Use "lapis lazuli block" and "coal ore" for have a better look "cobblestone" and "stone". use bricks slab as small rubbles aswell.

PINK : This line mixed with purple for one house, the other houses in pink section defend the bridge side, they will need archers positions in front of the bridge .
GREEN : This area are for siege equipment (trebs/onager) area
BLACK : Rubbles barricades for archer and for siege equipments (the black lines near green areas)

Are you going to completely level the houses in front of the purple line? If the orcs got across the river, the defenders would want them to have difficult terrain to cross and have little cover.

Just a suggestion though, if you've got your own plan, follow that;)