• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Pink Palace Contest

Vote on the 3rd Finalist!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Credoo

Community Management
Staff member
Vala
Supporter
Credits
XP
Pink Palace Contest

-registration closed-

A lot of you have been asking me who is going to make the citadel(pink palace). I was originally gonna make it myself but I thought why not zoidberg, uhm I mean why not let the community come up with one.
I know that a lot of people want us to make our Minas Tirith different then all the one that Peter Jackson did. Well here is your chance! Or if you want to do it exactly how Peter Jackson did feel free to do so! You can design the citadel the way you envision it and even include the tower of ecthelion in your design. However there are some rules you will have to live by (and I will need to be strict because the surrounding buildings will not be moved or changed).

Rules:
  • Proportion's:
    • Width: 45
    • Length: 73
    • Height: (without tower of echtelion) 39
    • Height: (with tower of echtelion) 56
  • Team: You can work solo on this contest or in a team. You get until next week Sunday (4th of may) to sign up your team for the contest. Once you've done that you will have to create an plot on the free build server in lore appropriate.
  • Style: This is a tricky one. I want to give you guys a good amount of freedom with creating your own style for the citadel BUT if it doesn't fit around the other buildings then it will not get implemented. So keep in mind it has to blend in with the surrounding buildings.
  • Time: You will have 3 weeks to finish your version of the citadel. After those 3 weeks the judges will pick a couple finalist. These finalist will be given feedback and 2 weeks to improve there builds. After these 2 weeks a winner will be chosen. The first stage starts on Monday 5th of may 2014 (once you've signed up you can start building the sooner you sign the more time you'll have ^^).
Team name: <name>
Team participants: <person1>,<person2> etc
Warp name: <teamname>citadel

First stage will end Sunday 25th of May 2014
Second "Final" will end Sunday 8th of June 2014

Participating teams:
  1. Jetfire301
  2. Mavis and Mary
  3. Tower Guard
  4. Code Nameless
  5. Ivan1pl
  6. DontKnowWhatImDoing
  7. KlemensPlusLukas
  8. Gilderoy Lockhart
  9. Gimilzor
  10. Me
  11. QUIT
  12. Every Person in This Group is Pro
  13. Can'tBuildForShit
  14. QUIT
  15. Better Late Than Never
  16. Olorin
  17. Angelimar

Finalist:
  • Team
  • Team
  • Team

Disclaimer:
If your team won it will be used in Minas Tirith but it might receive small modifications to include an cellar or style adjustments.
In the rare case none of the buildings fit in I will make one together with the teams that are closest to fit the style.
The time may be extended if the judges cant agree on the finalist or if a finalist team asks for time extension with a valid reason (i.e. illness or other real life stuff)
The rules and this post can be subject to change.

Last edited:
Team name: KlemensPlusLukas
Team Participants: KlemensPlusLukas
Warp name: KlemensPlusLukascitadel

Dunno if it matters that mine's still on the MT thread:

Team name: Jetfire301
Team participants: Jetfire301
Warp name: /warp Jetfire301 citadel

Also, should we put cracked and mossy marble on our builds or will that be voxeled if they're accepted?

Last edited:
Dunno if it matters that mine's still on the MT thread:

Team name: Jetfire301
Team participants: Jetfire301
Warp name: /warp Jetfire301 citadel

Also, should we put cracked and mossy marble on our builds or will that be voxeled if they're accepted?

I tried to transfer the post but didn't work out. Anyway about the moshy its up to you to decide whether you want it or not and it can be splattered with voxel.

Team name: Me and Shen
Team Participants:
jacenpeter, and Shenjtor
Warp name: jac citadel

Last edited:
Are we allowed to ask for staff help with voxel stuff? Like say... copying and pasting our complicated-to-build pillar designs? :rolleyes:

Are we allowed to ask for staff help with voxel stuff? Like say... copying and pasting our complicated-to-build pillar designs? :rolleyes:
You can always ask for help, but use the same judgement of necessary requests as you normally would.
Major things like copy pasting towers, or very large wall or roof sections; as well as placing things that are impossible for non-staff to place such as water or redstone items. Those are perfectly fine requests. Just dont be asking every 5 minutes for a copy/paste of a small selection. Would also be nice if you wait until you know exactly what you need, and then ask. I cant count the number of times I've spent 10-15 minutes with a thrall who cant make up his mind on what he actually wants me to do, and has me constantly doing //undo and //redo and so forth.

Also, please don't ask us to make Mountains. Particuarly Bounders, we're not build mods, most of us arn't experience in Voxel and WE.
Though most of us are happy to help out with WE when needed.

Something also to note, everyone who has access to this thread can see the warps, unfortunately that may result in more grief. If you do get griefed, do not repair it. Let a bounder know, we'll tp over, ban the bugger and rollback the damage.

Team name: Every Person in This Group is Pro
Team participants: AWOL777
Warp name: procitadel

Is the 45x73 rule still in play if we wish to make the tower of ecthelion outside of the citadel?
Despite that going against lore

Do you want the citadels to have living space, guard rooms, planning rooms, etc or just a throne room?