• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Rivendell Reboot

For the oversized gazebo above Rivendell, do you want to consider making the roof match the rest of the builds a little bit better by making it shingles instead of wood? It seems a little weird for it to be the only thing in Rivendell without a matching roof in my opinion.

Also you have some biomes that bleed over onto their neighboring trees, try to avoid this a little better or adjust the biome of the neighboring tree so that it matches a bit more and doesnt just have a single corner of weirdly colored leaves

There is not road into rivendell except for a small path of moss covered white stones olav. Someone should fix the road into the high pass to have white stones leading in instead :).

~Trees~

Who can participate?

Of course every Artist can, AND we want to give the Adventures who are on the Watchlist the privilege to help here aswell.

What Trees we are going to use?

Well thats pretty easy. We're using Pines and Hornbeams and build them in 2 different sizes and a lot of different Variations.

Also were going to build Bushes and Little "Saplings", but not the minecraft ones.

We're going to do this in different Stages

Stage~1

In this stage the basic trees are going to be build.

So:

Small and Big Pines:

All of the trees shouldn get bigger then the box, 1 or 2 blocks doenst matter, but as a basic guideline.

Not all of the Trees have to look like the one i made as an Example, There are many types of Pines and all of them are looking different.

f6EZKheTj-l9q1MMxJPhAXGEYNasQ4yildfk1VNuFv5oA6aid6QE7B3_JrHcutjVze0NOGyKEWHIZ1gB1mw-h91Fwe3nFitlhn0w_vHMFIMhxMbCsrgbTz9wDsMbWXwr

Small and Big Hornbeam:

Here aswell the History with the 2 sizes which are showing the Trees in 2 different stages.

The Big Hornbeam has such big number of different looks so you can be very creativ here aswell, and thats why i didnt made a concept for it, just look at some of the trees in the valley.

LzwV3b9eb_joEzMmYp8p13MeWbXm857-Agy192CBBqZI_fsZDsT5_ws8b7IwsN2pwnNa4I9VCXAfsV9cukP-p3Hh5n8aOeYKviss0dXTObBWcR-EhCjiMejNi3p785yg

Stage~2

Now its getting a bit tricky, You're going to fill the bottom of the Forest with sapplings and little bushes,but dont go overkill with them, otherwise it will look weird at the end.

YiUTntN7rW8UFcldIiFn3pB2-lZVaoP_1E1RfeAvASAgRF7eltMgnAfyC5NeH-dICjdE8TO_gUJr-GmC3HlD3Zvd0UmKNGBfGhCeD8DimuX5QNDiX49MXB5CI377TIg9

But remember: Do not build those trees full size every time. Also feel free to be creative, especialy the Watchlist guys, it's Your chance to show Your skills!

Different Sections:

We want to do the cliffs section by section, but for now as a sort of concept were just working on one, which is going to be used as a pattern for the other ones. The current Section can be found on the very eastern Part of the Southern cliff.

Hope thats enough Information, if you want more feel free to ask.

Happy Building

-Lukas

Last edited:
Oh
There is not road into rivendell except for a small path of moss covered white stones olav. Someone should fix the road into the high pass to have white stones leading in instead :).
Oh, the stones are there? Was just looking at it from dynmap. :)

Can I suggest that you guys extend the forrested area a bit further west? There's alot of open space that would look good with some more trees, roughly like this:
UV0J7TV.png

Having trees just around rivendell itself isnt very realistic, my opinion is that the trees would stretch further away from the mountains.

Just a suggestion, +/- on the areas and the idea

Can I suggest that you guys extend the forrested area a bit further west? There's alot of open space that would look good with some more trees, roughly like this:
UV0J7TV.png

Having trees just around rivendell itself isnt very realistic, my opinion is that the trees would stretch further away from the mountains.

First of a Fantastic Idea, i just see a probleme with making them all by hand, cause it would take ages :(

UV0J7TV.png

1 problem with that:
in the books high moors had almost no trees except actually inside the many valleys/ravines that dotted the plains :p. Reread 'A Short Rest' from the hobbit chapter for more details, cuz there's like a full in depth description of all the terrain outside of rivendell there. Pl0x stop trying to make rivendell/outlying terrain as un-lore accurate as possible.

1 problem with that:
in the books high moors had almost no trees except actually inside the many valleys/ravines that dotted the plains :p. Reread 'A Short Rest' from the hobbit chapter for more details, cuz there's like a full in depth description of all the terrain outside of rivendell there. Pl0x stop trying to make rivendell/outlying terrain as un-lore accurate as possible.
Well, we have to appease movie fans sometimes , and sometimes (to tell you the truth) the movie designs are a lot more creative than the book designs (Orthanc, for example). I am sure Wod is not secretly planning to turn all of the area into a non lore dead space. Besides, we are not run by the author himself and are allowed to take creative interpretation sometimes, wheelleee.

Well, we have to appease movie fans sometimes , and sometimes (to tell you the truth) the movie designs are a lot more creative than the book designs (Orthanc, for example). I am sure Wod is not secretly planning to turn all of the area into a non lore dead space. Besides, we are not run by the author himself and are allowed to take creative interpretation sometimes, wheelleee.
no internet fights pl0x...

Pl0x stop trying to make rivendell/outlying terrain as un-lore accurate as possible.
Stop

Share your knowledge, but pretty please dont be rude about it just because you might know something others dont because, last I checked, the LOTR universe is expansive and complex so its hard to collect 100% of the required information in one swoop, i would know, i have tried and failed with multiple projects in this matter cus its hard

Last edited:
In the Hobbit Bilbo came over barren high mores very suddenly to the deep valley of rivendell. (Elvish "Imladris" is translated in the Simarilion with "deep valley in a chasm"). Rivendell ist a secret elven fortress. Thus there is no road to rivendell, only some hidden mossy white stone for those, who know what they have to look for. Of course this is not realistic, it' s the might of Elronds ring, Vilya, mightiest of the Three.

But lore is only lore. Best argument for no trees outside the valley:
It would be very cool to have the same surprising and overwhelming view like Bilbo in MCME.

In the Hobbit Bilbo came over barren high mores very suddenly to the deep valley of rivendell. (Elvish "Imladris" is translated in the Simarilion with "deep valley in a chasm"). Rivendell ist a secret elven fortress. Thus there is no road to rivendell, only some hidden mossy white stone for those, who know what they have to look for. Of course this is not realistic, it' s the might of Elronds ring, Vilya, mightiest of the Three.

It would be very cool to have the same surprising and overwhelming view like Bilbo in MCME.
True, although having a forest around Rivendell would help disguise the valley. However, if Tolkien said it was barren, I believe you.

Well, tolkien said that the high moors was a barren hilly landscape full of boulders and heather. However, the land was tumbled and was full of hidden bogs, valleys, and ravines. The books did state however that there were small fir and hornbeam forests along the cliffs above rivendell, just not in large quantities like wod suggested. The reason rivendell was so hard to find in the books was because it was like searching for a needle in a haystack, (1 valley among like 10-20 other valleys plus some small ravines) This geography is also quite often occuring among mt. foothills, such as that of the alps and the andes mts.

That's why I loved the arrival of the Dwarves in the first Hobbit movie, I had this exact impression :) . Even if they didn't arrived in the same sircumstances.

That's why I loved the arrival of the Dwarves in the first Hobbit movie, I had this exact impression :) . Even if they didn't arrived in the same sircumstances.
Yeah, PJ did design that entrance quite well. You gotta give him credit, he does his own version of the story nice overall.

Reactions: B_n