• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Shire Trees

Kisos

Hardcore MCME-er
Supporter
Credits
XP
Shire Trees
/warp Shire Treebuild

Project Leader:K1sk1BBab35 Project Staff: oth0116

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_Shire

Redoing all the vanilla/WE trees in the Shire!

(Eriador RP)

Concept Art:
mIFsxhTMglXdxHFpX3EFGFRQ3aDClVLK1u4VDdHqnLYjzW8ebDXDCD9nwEVQhYEFtGs-cIEoLMG3SxNUhsfb1kAdExJiuVi08RZRGEpqlGXbO_DBACzh9_dCiOJKuoj3hA

XnWvxV-VEs4CqMjGlL3L0opVO1dDXJvjWCkKg5Me4xnMTcJhn1QObYsnUOi3SKALj4oeQvvqZMJ1V1aOgk1M6GDf9QJ3d7Vh9urMwSeSfQmtXiwvrVdKSwH7uV9ZWoqWaQ

RSQR9tG6RR0RPASWZJsVGumNGHkwOq8GvOPAkOVu885SUtFB7Ktyc8-jg38oVMoSMpIkuevEVRwAOz7FP_zFVaYjmog8BDuYc5pPksr9xht_JpExrZAe1eE5RV5T6_65gw

Stage 1: TreeBuilds [Done]

Making some concepts before we do the treebuilds on plotworld for schematics so keep eyes peeled for treebuilds. You can see our current concepts at /warp Shire Tree Concepts

Stage 2: Tree removal and replacement [In progress]

BS9Q7HVqP60vgCBLGUSeVUR4SogGwCQILwyC0JZbEuKqrF2vObjx_bD_TB--YRZXQ9rMn0zpL_F7zt8B_dTSh-y8KdhY0fjzeF1kRixE8r1mYbRU_4YMFt6_HoCASQ1J0w
Towns and Farms will be available for artists+(artist watch list when staff is on) to claim. This means that all trees found in towns will be hand-built for best results. Post a message in the forums below, with a number of the town/farm that you are claiming. Replace any current trees in that town, and add 2-3 more. Build any of the designated trees below! During this time there will also be a tree build in plotworld where you can build one of the trees on the list below.

We plan on building these trees.

Alder

Downy Birch

Wych Elm

Field Maple

European Yew

Scots Pine

Aspen

Bay Willow

Crab Apple

European Beech

Stage 3: Forests [On Hold]

During this stage forests will be divided up in a grid. These sections will be done one at a time, replacing forests and other trees not in towns, with the stencils used in the plotworld/stage 2 of the project.

Cd5UZ6ccGru7molI-TE8K2QUZ6yL2s2kPD4ZGB-2O31X64orvNXlH8kOkdt2VRZ41cEotdJUMHFGGEhCWKNhhY9BoIroNgRu9R9lwGGuhDscsGO7jON7t-e9liHtrrRD4g

Stage 4: Celebrate [On Hold]

~

Last edited:
[Go Go Go]
Claimed Villages!

1.Hobbiton-K1sk1
2.Bywater-mrmon
3.Tuckborough-k1sk1
4.Frogmorton-AWOL
5.Overhill-mattlego
6.Waymeet
7.Tookbank
8.Woodhall
9.Stock
10.Whitfurrows
11.Budgeford-k1sk1
12.Scary-Fireinderpo13
13.Brockenborings
14.Oatbarton-K1sk1
15.Needlehole-
16.Nobottle-neub
17.Tightfield
18.Gamwich
19.Little Delving-K1sk1
20.Greenholm
21.Whitwell-mullerl
22.Pincup
23.Willowbottom
24.Deephallow
25.Breredom
26.Haysend
27.Rushy
28.Standelf
29.Buckelberry-K1sK1
30.Crickhollow-k1sk1
31.Newbury
32.Dwaling-mrmon
33.Greenfields
34.Longcleeve-mrmon
35.Longbottom-muller
36.Sackville-neub
37.Hardbottle-mrmon
38.Michel Delving-knightfalcon

Claimed Farms!

1.K1sk1
2.nat
4.knightfalcon

8.nat
11.K1sk1
16.K1sk1

Last edited:
Farm 2. There were,t any trees and it was rather boring so I added a big willow right next to the farm house, a crab apple at the entrance and some simple oaks.
May do some more.

Farm 2. There were,t any trees and it was rather boring so I added a big willow right next to the farm house, a crab apple at the entrance and some simple oaks.
May do some more.
Umm did you not notice the big, on hold? Thanks tho

Shire Treebuild
(/warp Shire Treebuild)

Open to all ranks! Read the rules inside spawn and the instructions outside before starting though! Have fun!

Also artists and artist watchlisters, feel free to claim villages and farms one village at a time though. Just drop a post here to claim it, and one when it is finished. Use one of the current trees at /warp stctemp. Refer back to main post under Stage 2 subtitle for more details. I repeat, /warp stctemp is not for building, it is for artist refrence to replace trees in farms and villages.​

Last edited:
While you're at it, it might be nice to give the forests more realistic placement. Forests don't just pop up in random places:p

Mind drafting up what you have in mind?
Not really sure what I have in mind:p I guess it's kinda like wod said. There should be larger forests along the rivers, then you could add some ponds in the middle of some of the current forests. Any other forests should just be smaller groves of trees.

So, in other words, add a body of water or make the forest smaller.

The shire is very similar to the English countryside IRL.
That mean copses and small bodies of trees, hedges, paths covered by trees, and trees along rivers. Just give me a heads up if you want me to explain in more detail.

-nat