• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Texture Suggestions

Two terrain blocks: sandstone and mossy stone. The sandstone might be useful for Belfalas since the houses there are mad of sandstone, instead of cobble.
Sandstone_Cliffs,_Burton_Bradstock_-_geograph.org.uk_-_234056.jpg

The mossy stone would would be really nice for small mountains in combi with grass, stone, the redstone moss and low bushes.
stock-photo-flumserberg-green-mountain-alps-switzerland-blue-sky-117895852.jpg

Two terrain blocks: sandstone and mossy stone. The sandstone might be useful for Belfalas since the houses there are mad of sandstone, instead of cobble.
Sandstone_Cliffs,_Burton_Bradstock_-_geograph.org.uk_-_234056.jpg

The mossy stone would would be really nice for small mountains in combi with grass, stone, the redstone moss and low bushes.
stock-photo-flumserberg-green-mountain-alps-switzerland-blue-sky-117895852.jpg
For the sandstone I gave a go by myself:
1mcxgaE.png
5p1w8sB.png
rvetbv2.png
NAHjGC4.png
I actually made two texture varieties for it. It is kinda necessary (as far as I know) that we'll use a data value for this instead of an item, since this block will mostly be used with voxel for terrain, which does not support Eriol's armor stand blocks.

I actually made a sandstone texture myself a few weeks ago. However I only made one and it needs other connected variants but I was never bothered to make them.

GJGddUF.png

A suggestion is to change some of the glass from the Rohan RP to some texture similar to the plain glass texture for the Gondor RP.

Last edited:
- Snip - Sandstone blocks
I fear it's no good idea adding new terrain blocks now as Gondor terrain is mostly done already...

- Snip - Moss-covered stone
For this, Eriol create a special block which lets you cover the floor, both horizontal and vertical faces, in relatively thick moss; if you place that only ontop of a mossy stone block it should get quite close to that.

A suggestion is to change some of the glass from the Rohan RP to some texture similar to the plain glass texture for the Gondor RP.
Sorry, could you explain a bit better, I can't figure what exactly your idea is :] What texture do you want to move from which pack to which pack?

Well the normal glass pane in Rohan RP is invisible, so is the white one. I suggest that we change one of those to have the texture of the glass pane in the Gondorian RP.
ah okay, now it's more clear. I will consider this when I move towards the big revamp of the Rohan pack ;) There I anyway want to get rid of all duplicate blocks.

There is no need to discuss which block to use, we still have a lot of free block states. Also:
There are even three new solid blocks in 1.12 (each in 16 colours): Concrete, Concrete Powder and Glazed Terracotta

Overall we will have 15 additional beds and 45 additional solid blocks free to use.
It's probably best to make this a block orientable in two directions (north-south and east-west)

The main question is who will make the texture (or 3D block model). These curves are not easy to do with 16x16 pixels.

Last edited:
Is there any form of necroposting not allowed on these forums? Also, I know that this has been on my mind for ages, but, for the Gondor packs (Gondor 1.0 & Gondor 2.0), well in Gondor 1.0 there is still no 3D texture for a torch on a wall, and in the Gondor 2.0 Pack, all of the 3D light source textures have been completely removed. Is there any chance that they will be revised or done? Thanks.

Is there any form of necroposting not allowed on these forums? Also, I know that this has been on my mind for ages, but, for the Gondor packs (Gondor 1.0 & Gondor 2.0), well in Gondor 1.0 there is still no 3D texture for a torch on a wall, and in the Gondor 2.0 Pack, all of the 3D light source textures have been completely removed. Is there any chance that they will be revised or done? Thanks.
I will look into getting the Moria wall torch to Gondor, if I can find a fitting block!

I prefer the 3D gondor/eriador/rohan torch. I know there is an 3D midel for the standing Eriador torch anyways and I really like that one.
Yeah I know which one you mean; personally it's a bit overkill, the metal "cage" is so thick and elaborate you almost cannot see the flame anymore. I am not such a huge fan of it, we may want to make a poll about it who wants which one...

Yeah I know which one you mean; personally it's a bit overkill, the metal "cage" is so thick and elaborate you almost cannot see the flame anymore. I am not such a huge fan of it, we may want to make a poll about it who wants which one...
But the Moria one can't be used as a standing torch at all since it's floating in mid air, neither standing nor hanging. It only looks good when used as a wall torch then or in certain chandeliers.

Thinking about light sources this came into my mind:
So far we have a latern (block: torch) and a candle (block: redstone torch) in Gondor pack but no torch which is something really missing in my opinion. There is another light emitting block, the end rod we could use for it, but I would switch blocks:
Block_____________Texture
Torch_____________Torch in 5 orientations, 4 at walls and one at the ground (new texture)
Redstone Torch__Candle in 5 orientations, 4 at walls and one at the ground (unchanged)
End Rod__________New latern model with 6 orientations, 4 at walls, one at the ground and one hanging from above for candelier e.g.

I don't like the moria model too much for the same reasons as @Finrod_Amandil but I will have no time to make a new model until in about 3 weeks. So if anyone interested....

alternate iron trapdoor texture/itemblock in gondor 2 : Wheels
Could be used to make small carts where the piston wheels with the axles don't fit (I have seen these kind of small carts in DA, and look strange with just normal trapdoors as wheels).
Reference image:
17978905-Wooden-cartwheel-from-a-wagon-on-a-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg

17978905-Wooden-cartwheel-from-a-wagon-on-a-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg-wagon-on-a-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg