• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Texture Suggestions

When you put a creeer head in a firework recipe, the firework has a creeper head in it, like this:
minecraft-creeper-fireworks-display.png
But as there are no Creepers in Arda why don't we replace this creeper texture with a tree so we can make a firework for Gondor. The texture should be this tree:
white_tree_of_gondor_symbol_by_drdraze-d7ebn9l.png
Would anybody like to make this?

When you put a creeer head in a firework recipe, the firework has a creeper head in it, like this:
View attachment 6544
But as there are no Creepers in Arda why don't we replace this creeper texture with a tree so we can make a firework for Gondor. The texture should be this tree:
View attachment 6543
Would anybody like to make this?
I may be mistaken, but I think this shape is hardcoded. It's not a custom texture, the only thing you could change is the shape of the small particles that make up the shape.

So with the obvious update to 1.10 and the addition of more blocks. One in particular could be an amazing addition to Rohan. I suggest changing the magma block (which gives off a faint glow and more bright when exposed to sun) into "face" in the water of the Dead Marshes. the glow remains when under water (tested it at one block under) and also gives off blackish steam/smoke when the water above it vapourizes then reforms above.
Thoughts?

So with the obvious update to 1.10 and the addition of more blocks. One in particular could be an amazing addition to Rohan. I suggest changing the magma block (which gives off a faint glow and more bright when exposed to sun) into "face" in the water of the Dead Marshes. the glow remains when under water (tested it at one block under) and also gives off blackish steam/smoke when the water above it vapourizes then reforms above.
Thoughts?
I am slightly hesitant about this, although its a really cool idea.

I think the magma block has a really good potential to be used for smoldering fires across all the regions. I think we would be better off putting the Dead Marshes into Mordor and converting the jack-o-lantern head to a creepy ghost block. I believe there were some talks of moving the marshes to the Mordor region instead of Rohan @bender400

I think the magma block has a really good potential to be used for smoldering fires across all the regions. I think we would be better off putting the Dead Marshes into Mordor and converting the jack-o-lantern head to a creepy ghost block. I believe there were some talks of moving the marshes to the Mordor region instead of Rohan @bender400
Yep that's very likely, it makes a ton more sense to have the Dead Marshes in the Mordor than in the Rohan pack.

@DynoDaring maybe your idea combined with this will make it look uber-awesome (given the server can handle a large amount of armorstands, we'd have to inquire on that.

Maybe we should remember that it is not the Moria pack, but the Dwarven pack. So I think it will also be used for Erebor and habited settlements in the Ered Luin?

Oh, and yeah, what fin said ^

:)How y'all doing peoples? So I had a suggestion in mind:
Why don't we swap the lembas bread texture with the golden carrot one since Lembas was supposed to fill the stomach of a grown man from one small bite and what the golden carrots do is give you extra saturation?
This way we still get delicious cookies!

As the MCME Architect plugin will come out soon (hopefully), we will also be able to place half doors. But the problem with them is that they have no textured top. So what if someone would just copy the texture for the top of a normal door (upper half) to like the top of a half door (under half)?

As the MCME Architect plugin will come out soon (hopefully), we will also be able to place half doors. But the problem with them is that they have no textured top. So what if someone would just copy the texture for the top of a normal door (upper half) to like the top of a half door (under half)?
I am not sure whether that is possible. First of all, you can't apply a texture to the top side of a lower door half, it will always be transparent. With voxel (and thereby also with a plugin) it would be possible to place upper door halves, but it is not possible to change their orientation as that is synced with the lower half which doesnt exist (this ensures that when you open a door both halves move).

@Eriol any way we could force the oriantation of upper door halves nevertheless? #challengeaccepted?

Filename: red_sandstone
Resource Pack: Gondor
Texture Description: Sandstone
sandstone-cliffs-and-beach-west-bay-bridport-dorset-england-picture-id525473011.jpg
Prince_edward_island_sandstone_arch.jpg
petra-jordan.jpg
My thinking for suggesting this one is that we have a lot of cities in Gondor that use a lot of sandstone bricks, and there isnt a stone texture that has the same color as the sandstone brick.

Filename: red_sandstone
Resource Pack: Gondor
Texture Description: Sandstone
My thinking for suggesting this one is that we have a lot of cities in Gondor that use a lot of sandstone bricks, and there isnt a stone texture that has the same color as the sandstone brick.

Here you go greg! Although I didn't quite understand what you want them for so I made 2, a stony one and a smoother one:
QP5D5Qv
ex4P3Az

Sorry for the inconvenience, the image seems broken for some reason. Tell me if I did something wrong.