• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The New Audio Book

What do you think of the New Audio Book idea?

• Good idea maybe have different people read and tour

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Perfect idea GG do it now Make it so

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Terrible idea don't do it or I'll track you down.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The audiobook will continue on 16/6/18 at 20:20 BST with Beren and Luthien, be there... or don't it's up to you but I would prefer if you came

I'll be there in spirit as I can't be there... well I was about to say physically but that's not exactly possible with a video game is it? Anyways, sadly I can't be there listening either so I'll have to make do with being there in spirit.

Surprise!

This thing's coming back, when? Tomorrow at 20:00 BST. Where? The tours and events channel. Why? Because I can. What's going to be read? Poems and Stories, Tomorrow will be The Adventures of Tom Bombadil, next week The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth Beorhthelm's Son, the week after that On Fairy-Stories, then over the three following weeks Leaf By Niggle, Farmer Giles of Ham and finally Smith of Wootton Major. These aren't all middle earth related but they are all by Tolkien.

For newer members The Audiobook is a reading done over MCME's discord, in the past I've done The Hobbit, The Lord of The Rings and Beren and Luthien. If this goes well and is well received I may do another book afterwards, possibly The Fall of Gondolin, but if there's demand for them I may revisit The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings.

With that said, be there or be elsewhere :)

• When? Starting tomorrow at 20:00 BST.
  • Where? The tours and events channel.
  • Why? Because I can.
  • What's going to be read? Poems and Stories

I'm back and so is this, continuing at its regular time, Saturdays at 20:00 BST The New Audiobook is back!

I'm going to be reading The Lord of The Rings, I'll be using the same format as I have in the past, two chapters a week every week, that usually takes an hour and a half to two hours including breaks. Hopefully this will be the best audiobook yet, this is the fifth one I'll be doing so I hope it shows.

The only reason I'm doing LoTR now is I haven't read it since the first audiobook I did way back in 2017 and I figure it's about time I dust off one of my copies and re-read it.

For newer members The New Audiobook is a series of readings done over MCME's discord, in the past I've done The Hobbit, The Lord of The Rings, Beren and Luthien and part of Poems and Stories. If this goes well I'll read something else after LoTR, I don't know what I'll do after LoTR, I've got plenty of time to think about it but I would welcome any** suggestions.

I have had, and will have, a lot of fun doing the audiobook, and I hope you have and will have a lot of fun listening.

Starting this Saturday, the second of May at 20:00 BST in the Events Channel on discord with the prologue and chapters 1 and 2 of The Lord of The Rings.

*Please note I will never under any circumstances be doing an audiobook for The Silmarillion.

Last edited: