• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The New Audio Book

What do you think of the New Audio Book idea?

• Good idea maybe have different people read and tour

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Perfect idea GG do it now Make it so

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Terrible idea don't do it or I'll track you down.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since today is the 80th anniversary of The Hobbit first being published I thought would be a good day to officially announce that, after I finish The Lord of the Rings, The Audiobook will continue with The Hobbit.
I have also been given the idea of doing a Valentine's Day Special of sorts that would be a reading part of the Beren and Luthien book that was published recently, namely The Tale of Tinuviel, and if all goes to plan I may be able to get other people to help me with the reading... But I need to know if you guys would want it ;). The special would take place on the 11th of February, the Saturday before Valentine's Day because even though it's a lot to do in one go I'm not able to do The Audiobook on a Wednesday, sorry.
Valentine's special.with Beren and Luthien? Yes please! <3

IMG_1019.PNG
I'll help because this idea is as cool as ice

pringles-gewoelbt.jpg

Crispmas Story Competition

Crispmas-time is here and as we all know it is a most undeniably important time of year, and so to commemorate this most crunchy time of year myself and Uni, have decided to start this Crispmas story competition. We ask that you write your best Crispmasy stories about the influence of Crispmas on Middle earth. Send them to the email address crispmaspringles@gmail.com include your username so we know who sent it, we will judge them and the best three will be read out as part of the Audiobook Crispmas special on the 23rd of December at 20:20 GMT (8:20 PM). One will be read before the first chapter of The Hobbit for that week, one in the intermission between chapters, and, in true Crispmas spirit the best will be saved for last.
Submissions are due on the 21st of December so hurry!

Thanks, and Merry Crispmas from TI and Uni

Last edited:
pringles-gewoelbt.jpg

Crispmas Story Competition

Crispmas-time is here and as we all know it is a most undeniably important time of year, and so to commemorate this most crunchy time of year myself and Uni, have decided to start this Crispmas story competition. We ask that you write your best Crispmasy stories about the influence of Crispmas on Middle earth. Send them to the email address crispmaspringles@gmail.com include your username so we know who sent it, we will judge them and the best three will be read out as part of the Audiobook Crispmas special on the 23rd of December at 20:20 GMT (8:20 PM). One will be read before the first[ chapter of The Hobbit for that week, one in the intermission between chapters, and, in true Crispmas spirit the best will be saved for last.
Submissions are due on the 21st of December so hurry!

Thanks, and Merry Crispmas from TI and Uni
Oh dear god this crispmas stuff has gone to the next level

Hello everyone i just wanted to pop on and say that even if your story doesn't make it to the
audio-book we will still post it on this very thread after the event to let the world know about your greatness.
Best of luck - Uni

Alas, we only received one entry, here it is in full for those of you who couldn't make it, I now present:

I dunno TI, I dunno

One dark, stormy night, in the prancing pringle, a group of ready salted hobbits were sitting down planning their next move now that they had left the shire, a regular sized salt and vinegar ranger approached them, in fear the ranger might hurt them the ready salted group tried to make a quick exit from the prancing pringle, however, the ranger blocked the door and the ready salted were trapped, the salt and vinegar asked
“what are a group of ready salted doing at the prancing pringle on this dark and stormy night?”
The ready salted group didn’t reply, the ranger asked again: “What are you doing at the prancing pringle, this is no place for small ready salted crisps like you.”
The tallest of the group broke the silence: “We’re…um….um…ahhh…Entertainers! It is our dream to perform on the prancing pringle stage!”
The rest of the group caught on and all vigorously nodded
“Yes, yes we wish to entertain the pringles in this lovely prancing pringle!” they spoke simultaneously.
“Hmmmm, ok then, let me talk to Mr.Original Pringle, see if he has a space open on tonights entertainment list” replied the salt and vinegar ranger. He walked off and quietly one of the ready salted hobbit’s said
“What did we just get ourselves into? ENTERTAINERS? We’ve never entertained people in our lives!”
They all started mumbling amongst each other as the salt and vinegar ranger came back over.
“Alright, you lot are on now. Have fun” the ranger said sarcastically.
They walked over towards the stage, nervously the tallest crisp took centre stage. Then he started to sing, it was terrible, the whole inn were horrified and the tallest crisp was shooed off stage The rest of the group tried to dance, but being a crisp walking was hard enough let alone dancing, they all fell to the floor.
The salt and vinegar ranger sat in the corner of the inn chuckling to himself.
The group of crisps went over to him.
“WHY DID YOU MAKE US DO THAT?” they shouted.
“Why I was just fulfilling you dreams, but was that your dream?” he replied
“We are not entertainers, we are passing through the prancing pringle on our way to Crispendell, we wish to meet with the McCoy elf king.” said one of the members of the group.
“I already know of this, you see I was informed by Gandalf the Dorito to look out for you special ready salted Hobbits.”
“GANDALF! Hmmm…I guess we could use a taller crisp to help us get to Crispendell, well we best leave now then before we end up on stage again…”
With that the party departed from the prancing pringle, on their way to Crispendell…

A note from the author: This is so cringe oh my god

Me and Uni would like to thank the author for sending this story. So, thanks, I guess.