• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Update of Gondor2 resource pack

After most of the replacement work is done I updated the overview of item blocks in Dol Amroth:
  • There are still 400 blocks left to replace. Most of them are in concepts so this doesn't matter too much, but if you see any down in the town, please replace them or call an Artist+ to replace. If you can't get anyone to replace please post in the Official Derp Thread.
  • Now the most used item blocks are vertical slabs. We have a lot of vertical slabs on normal blocks now so it might be worth to think about using these instead of the item block vertical slabs.
Thanks a lot for helping with the replacement jobs! :)

@ryttyr the IOI's don't look all the same they have the pack name on them:
upload_2017-11-3_23-0-58.png
I could put the instructions in the item lore (though item lore is used for internal identification of the items by the Architect plugin). But I don't see how this would help, you would have shorter item name string but a very long lore string. As both are displayed together one below the other it would not change much imo. Or is there a way to see the item name only without the lore?

For me Dol Amroth now is not worse in terms of fps than many other places at the map. :) :)
Is it ok for you too? Some feedback here would be nice.

After most of the replacement work is done I updated the overview of item blocks in Dol Amroth:
  • There are still 400 blocks left to replace. Most of them are in concepts so this doesn't matter too much, but if you see any down in the town, please replace them or call an Artist+ to replace. If you can't get anyone to replace please post in the Official Derp Thread.
  • Now the most used item blocks are vertical slabs. We have a lot of vertical slabs on normal blocks now so it might be worth to think about using these instead of the item block vertical slabs.
Thanks a lot for helping with the replacement jobs! :)

@ryttyr the IOI's don't look all the same they have the pack name on them:
I could put the instructions in the item lore (though item lore is used for internal identification of the items by the Architect plugin). But I don't see how this would help, you would have shorter item name string but a very long lore string. As both are displayed together one below the other it would not change much imo. Or is there a way to see the item name only without the lore?

For me Dol Amroth now is not worse in terms of fps than many other places at the map. :) :)
Is it ok for you too? Some feedback here would be nice.
I think most of the entities are now due to the spamming of paintings (and also itemframes) in some interiors I was bored and counted about 450 houses in Dol Amroth which is a lot obviously. With most of them having a lot of paintings (I saw a lot of people use the drawer and kitchen type paintings) which is not wrong at all but those might be causing lag aswel. Though this is just a thing I noticed, I have no idea how many paintings there are exactly.

the IOI's don't look all the same they have the pack name on them:
Oh. For me they just appeared as the icon for the misc category but I just realised that I haven't updated my serverpacks yet.

I think most of the entities are now due to the spamming of paintings (and also itemframes) in some interiors I was bored and counted about 450 houses in Dol Amroth which is a lot obviously. With most of them having a lot of paintings (I saw a lot of people use the drawer and kitchen type paintings) which is not wrong at all but those might be causing lag aswel. Though this is just a thing I noticed, I have no idea how many paintings there are exactly.
Probably not more than in other big cities such as Minas Tirith and Pelagir. Actually, might even be fewer than in Minas Tirith since Minas Tirith have painting-based banners decorating all of its main streets.

Probably not more than in other big cities such as Minas Tirith and Pelagir. Actually, might even be fewer than in Minas Tirith since Minas Tirith have painting-based banners decorating all of its main streets.
Again according to my counting Minas Tirith has a lot less houses than Dol Amroth, (also Pelargir has less)

Also if you look into the houses of Minas Tirith they have almost none or only a few paintings in most, whilst in Dol Amroth you can see them quite a lot.

Again according to my counting Minas Tirith has a lot less houses than Dol Amroth, (also Pelargir has less)

Also if you look into the houses of Minas Tirith they have almost none or only a few paintings in most, whilst in Dol Amroth you can see them quite a lot.
I guess...
but Minas Tirith still have all those paintings decorating the streets.

Paintings were not really a problem in the past. I used 10-20 in each house I furnished in old Dol Amroth.
A painting has just one polygon to be rendered. An item block using an armor stand has about 50 polygons to be rendered (they are invisible but I believe they are renedered anyway) plus the polygons of the displayed item.

Paintings were not really a problem in the past. I used 10-20 in each house I furnished in old Dol Amroth.
A painting has just one polygon to be rendered. An item block using an armor stand has about 50 polygons to be rendered (they are invisible but I believe they are renedered anyway) plus the polygons of the displayed item.
yes they are.

@slaMoria, we are still open for unmodded vanilla clients an there are no plans to change that.

Doors from the creative inventory can't be used any more as only powered door can be opened with the current server configuration. This configuration gives us more independent textures on half door. It is possible to make this configuration for the main world only, but don't think this is a good idea. It would be confusing to have another configuration on plotworld and Themed-builds than on main world.

As @Lindolas said you need to use doors from the custom inventory for Gondor 2 pack. They might look weird in the inventory when you are using another pack but they will work for all packs. I know this is not very convenient, but we are going to have custom inventories for all packs as soon as possible (may be quite a long "soon" though :confused: ) If this is too annoying for you I could probably make the doors from the creative inventory useable again (with a bit of work :p)

If this is too annoying for you I could probably make the doors from the creative inventory useable again (with a bit of work :p)
I'm not sure how much work this would be for you, but it would really be nice to be able to place doors via the normal door item. Maybe you can redirect the default door item (so from default inventory) to the door item from the custom inventories somehow?

Maybe you can redirect the default door item (so from default inventory) to the door item from the custom inventories somehow?
No, but I can make the Archtitect plugin watching for block place events using these items, cancel these events and place powered doors instead. Will try to do at the weekend.

Thanks a lot, the creative inventory is quite confusing me and was annoyed that I wasn't able to pass throughout houses in my theme. Do you even know why the doors decided to stay closed (or open). How it happened ?

The opening of usual doors is intentionally blocks by Architect plugin as we want to use them for other stuff like window shutters and thin walls which should not be openable.

The texture of half doors is the same as the texture of unpowered doors. This made most half doors quite useless. Thus we moved the all the door textures to powered doors. Now we can freely texture the half doors.
Because of problems with clients using the Forge mod full unpowered doors are not used at the moment except for the window shutter texture. Only yesterday I noticed that in this current state normal doors could still be openable without problems. But in the future I want to use the full unpowered doors for more thin wall stuff. Not sure if this should be openable.

Last edited:
Architect plugin supports use of powered and unpowered doors and we already use this for some time. The 4 blocks high palace door and the 3 block high barn door are powered doors and the normal doors of these doors are other door textures. In this way we have 9 different doors in the custom inventory with only 7 door materials.